• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear New Caldwell Radar Chronograph "VelociRadar" (LabRadar competitor?)

I was hoping we would hear something by now to force LR to improve a product that does need several improvements. One being it’s size and second being a Bluetooth that’s faster and doesn’t disconnect after every shot. The LR is due for a refresh. I’ve been very disappointed with LR and their reaction to feedback.

I don’t think the newer radar chronos help all that much to force improvement on LR due to them not being priced competitively.
IMO the Bluetooth issue may be power related. The worst case with a too thin or poorly made USB cable are a unit that will turn off when it triggers. Ones that seem to be OK the LR seems to work well enough but the Bluetooth connection issues seem to crop up. I've had only two cables that seemed to have minimal issues, but like all USB cables they degrade with use as can the socket. Until a few days ago I thought that the rest of the connection issues were purely the app's fault.

My LabRadar finally got the dreaded "clunk" from the antenna array standoffs breaking. I took it apart and made new standoffs from faucet washers (which will also adsorb some shock) and drilled through the case and used 2.5mm machine screws and nylock nuts to reattach the array.
While I had it apart I decided to modify the unit with a 5.5x2.5mm power socket. I soldered the wires right on to the pads for the AA battery wires.

StarTech makes USB to type N Barrel 5V DC cables so I could keep using my Anker battery. First range trip with it everything worked fine. But the one thing that changed from the last outing was no disconnects and I could now delete shots from a string and it actually updated and re-synced on its own. Normally it required manual disconnect and reconnect to force this. I had the latest firmware and android app version for both sessions. So the only real change here was a better power connection.