• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New Compact Brake ("CB") series from TBAC

When you guy's say on the website that the 30CB7 rated for "precision tactical shooters" / .300 WinMag, can you guesstimate a max rate of fire if using .308? i.e. 3-gun speeds or slower? I think I'm safe to assume its not full-auto capable but if I toss it on a 16" AR-15 and proceed to mag dump, will it break on me?
Also current lead times on 30CB7's?

3Gun can mean anything from less than 20 rounds to 6 mags in 3 minutes, a pretty big range. Generally if accuracy is more important than volume of fire our Ti suppressors will be OK. The main thing is that you want to keep their max temperature under about 700-800 degrees F. In most cases, the mirage from the barrel and can will prevent you from getting a sight picture long before this. We've shot .300WM and 7 RM/WSM as fast as we can get an aimed shot off at long range. They aren't designed for mag dumps. If you want to do F/A-like rates of fire with 5.56, we make the 223A and it is rated down to 7" barrels.

Figure 4-8 week for new orders

Hondo, Justin was shooting in our relay last Sunday; that's when I noticed his brake. I'd seen "TBAC" engraved on the front plate of the brake the 1st time I shot with him back in March IIRC. Quite a bit of difference in appearance between it & the new 2-chamber breaks. Thanks for checking...

Zak, any update on the adapters or flash hiders? The span wrench modification you helped me with is working well by the way.

We'll have the first batch of adapters available at the same time the first batch of new brakes is ready, which should be pretty soon.

I'll post here when we're ready to show off the flash hiders.

Anxiously waiting, these new breaks are going to look so much better on my smaller barrels, and I'm hoping they'll perform even better as well, my current TBAC brake already does a great job taming my 7mm RSAUM and can't wait to get even further reduction of felt recoil and muzzle rise :)

Just placed my order and was posting when I saw this. Did I get the first one? Unfortunately there are no brakes available. Keep us posted on the flash hiders and hopefully I can pick up one of each.

Can't wait to see the new brake in person.

My CB9 should be clearing form 3 status any day now.

The 30CB5 and 30PSS are really designed for subsonic .300 blackout. They will be pretty loud on a full power cartridge.

Would a CB5 be a reasonable choice to run on both .300 Blackout and 5.56 ARs? Or would the CB7 be better?

I would love to get both a .300 Blackout and 5.56 can, but unless you have some SERIOUS sale, not for a while. :)

I am happy to see that you will be offering a flash suppressor type CB mount. I was going to ask about that. :)

Already have my name on a CB9 when they show up at my dealer. :)

Last edited:
It will be mainly for subsonic rounds on .300 Blackout. But will also be used on a 5.56 for more fun.

And I will probably end up with a 223 can later anyway. :)

Brakes are available to order,
https://thunderbeastarms.com/products/accessories

Also, our CB series Flash Hider mount is available,
https://thunderbeastarms.com/news/tbac-introduces-new-flash-hider-for-cb-series-suppressors/
https://thunderbeastarms.com/products/cb-flash-hider
D464_9298_img.jpg

Well just ordered one :D, talking to my local dealer about getting a 30 CB9 on the way.

It is indeed super sexy! Well done Zak & Co. The ugliest brake award no longer belongs to TBAC :D

Only brake i had laying around to compare it to is the 12th model. Guess i do have an A2 laying around didn't think about it though.

jr3bzc.jpg

10xdnjr.jpg

t4uw41.jpg

28kohs7.jpg

25rh4k2.jpg

Zak, any chance of a flash suppressor that mounts the can farther back? I have no need to pin it, I need minimum OAL.

Thanks.

For anyone that is interested, here is the break with the thread protector installed. Fit and finish is AWESOME!CB front.jpgCB Top.jpgCB Bottom.jpg