• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New CZ 457 Varmint

Rlandry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2019
Just unpacked it. General impression ia it's a very nice rifle for the price point. Finish on the stock is nice, action reasonable smooth and a through cleaning may make that a little better. The lazer stippling is very nice.
The part that needs some attention is the trigger. Mine comes in at almost 4 lbs. I'll try adjusting that first as I'm not OK with spending $25 for a $.10 spring.
I'm looking forward to seeing what ammo this one likes.
One thing that surprises me is the barrel length. I got the 20" flavor and it's the shortst rifle barrel in my stable. I can't picture this rifle with a 16" barrel.

This was a tossup between Tikka and CZ. I have a Tikka in 6.5CM and it's a good gun, but even after adding the optional forearm and having it Cerakoted, I'm still not impressed with it. It looks OK but It's still a plastic stock.

I just ordered a 457 varmint 22 magnum and am waiting for it to come to my shop how did yours turn out and what caliber are u shooting?

Hey I adjusted all three components down to ask low as possible the one that makes the most difference is the small Allen screw on the very bottom of the trigger can’t remember if it’s creep or overtravel when the other two on the front of the trigger are adjusted as low as possible u can get that last screw adjusted down so low it’s scary and everywhere in between

I like my 457 Varmint, nice gun for the price, excellent trigger, I added a spring I purchased on ebay ( cheapest one ) and the trigger went to 10 oz. Good accuracy with Center X.

Reactions: AMTGMC
I don’t know if mine is different than the others but I was able to get mine down so low that it was dangerous with the factory spring

I was only able to get 2.25 out of mine but did not spend much time on it. Got springs and supplies from AirGunShawn but need to get off my ass and do it.

Reactions: ManoftheNortH
I believe if you adjust the wight of pull and creep as far as possible adjust the creep to as far as u can get it to where it still catches the sear and then adjust over travel to the same you should be able to get it as far as you like no paying $10 for a $.10 spring

I believe if you adjust the wight of pull and creep as far as possible adjust the creep to as far as u can get it to where it still catches the sear and then adjust over travel to the same you should be able to get it as far as you like no paying $10 for a $.10 spring
Went through all that with mine but still would not get down like I wanted. Started out almost 4lb. Was able to get it down to 2.25 but past that would not hold. This made me get up and go put the spring and polish it up. It will now bump test and bolt slam good at 3/4 pound.

Not sure what bump test is? Yeah mine eventually loosens up but it holds very low for weeks and even when it loosens up I think it’s a about 1/5 lbs

Gun cocked off safety hit butt on ground. Also working the bolt hard and fast.

Last edited:
Not sure what bump test is? Yeah mine eventually loosens up but it holds very low for weeks and even when it loosens up I think it’s a about 1/5 lbs
Bump test = gun unloaded, cocked, safety off - bump the butt of the stock on the floor or with a mallet to verify the sear doesn't trip.

The fully adjustable trigger on the 457 was one of the features that made me decide to buy a 457 when they first came out. With a gross overabundance of lawyers in today's world, it took some cajones for the folks at CZ to add this trigger to the new action's list of features. I've been able to get all three of mine down to from just under to just over 1lb safely and without changing springs. I own several V-22s and a RimX, but still love my 457s!

The fully adjustable trigger on the 457 was one of the features that made me decide to buy a 457 when they first came out. With a gross overabundance of lawyers in today's world, it took some cajones for the folks at CZ to add this trigger to the new action's list of features. I've been able to get all three of mine down to from just under to just over 1lb safely and without changing springs. I own several V-22s and a RimX, but still love my 457s!

I ordered springs (6 or 12 for $5) that were recommended on another forum. My Pro Varmint trigger is now 8 oz and passes the bump and action tests. We have put them on other 457's and they are all adjusted to between 8-12 ounces. Makes a world of difference when shooting off a bench. I love my 457.

I ordered springs (6 or 12 for $5) that were recommended on another forum. My Pro Varmint trigger is now 8 oz and passes the bump and action tests. We have put them on other 457's and they are all adjusted to between 8-12 ounces. Makes a world of difference when shooting off a bench. I love my 457.
I am fairly new to the CZ platform, what are the springs that you ordered? Thanks.

I own a 452 and a Sako Quad... for me, the 452 would be perfect if I could get the scope lower on the gun, but that damn bolt lift. Does the 457 get the scope down lower and allow a true sight line without an elevated cheek weld?

I own a 452 and a Sako Quad... for me, the 452 would be perfect if I could get the scope lower on the gun, but that damn bolt lift. Does the 457 get the scope down lower and allow a true sight line without an elevated cheek weld?
You can mount the scope a lot lower on the 457 than the 452.

Last edited:
Reactions: medicjim