• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New CZ project idea

BC 6.8

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
SC
I have a CZ 455 Varmint in the Boyd's Tacticool stock. It shoots fairly well in the stock configuration, but I have already added pillars and plan to do a bedding job as well. I'm thinking of a new project where I can shoot targets or vermin off my back deck, but I need it to be quiet (I live in a sub-division). I'm thinking of buying one of the 16.5" threaded barrels from CZ and adding a suppressor. I emailed CZ, and they said the barrels will available for sale this fall. I would also need a good suppressor which I know will take forever to get.

What are your thoughts on this project and what would you recommend for a suppressor?

I use a silencerco sparrow on my cz and love it. Now, I'm just hoping subsonic 22lr becomes plentiful and reasonably priced again.

Last edited:
Just have your barrel cut and threaded, most gunsmiths charge $75 to $100 for that.

I can buy a new barrel with a magazine for $123-134 depending on how CZ wants to price it. That also comes with a magazine ($30), so I would rather have another barrel setup for around $100 for the barrel vs. paying a gunsmith $100.

If you get a threaded CZ barrel, you will have to get a barrel adapter. European threads are 1/2"x20TPI, American 1/2"x28 TPI. CZ Shop link: CZ 452 THREAD ADAPTER 1/2 x 20 TO 1/2 x 28

Description: THREAD ADAPTER FOR CZ 452 WITH PARKER HALE THREADED BARREL1/2 x 20 to 1/2 x 28 ALLOWS FOR USE OF STANDARD AMERICAN THREADED ACCESSORIES PRECISION CNC MANUFACTURED MADE IN THE USA...

If you get a threaded CZ barrel, you will have to get a barrel adapter. European threads are 1/2"x20TPI, American 1/2"x28 TPI. CZ Shop link: CZ 452 THREAD ADAPTER 1/2 x 20 TO 1/2 x 28

Description: THREAD ADAPTER FOR CZ 452 WITH PARKER HALE THREADED BARREL1/2 x 20 to 1/2 x 28 ALLOWS FOR USE OF STANDARD AMERICAN THREADED ACCESSORIES PRECISION CNC MANUFACTURED MADE IN THE USA...

The new CZ suppressor ready barrels come with 1/2 x 28 threads, so no need for an adapter.

BC 6.8

I was just in your situation. I bought a Boyd's stock and a varminter contour barrel. Had plans of chopping it at 16" and threading. While chucking it up to part the barrel I decided not cut it down now but wait a bit and see how it does. I did trim .100" from the muzzle ,threaded 1/2x28 and gave the barrel a good crown. I run a AAC Prodigy and F1 cans on my rimfires.

I am not done with the build yet but here it is as of today.

CZNYTERYDER_zpsdc05cae5.jpg

Last edited:
bc 6.8

i was just in your situation. I bought a boyd's stock and a varminter contour barrel. Had plans of chopping it at 16" and threading. While chucking it up to part the barrel i decided not cut it down now but wait a bit and see how it does. I did trim .100" from the muzzle ,threaded 1/2x28 and gave the barrel a good crown. I run a aac prodigy and f1 cans on my rimfires.

cznyteryder_zpsdc05cae5.jpg

nice!!!!

BC 6.8

I was just in your situation. I bought a Boyd's stock and a varminter contour barrel. Had plans of chopping it at 16" and threading. While chucking it up to part the barrel I decided not cut it down now but wait a bit and see how it does. I did trim .100" from the muzzle ,threaded 1/2x28 and gave the barrel a good crown. I run a AAC Prodigy and F1 cans on my rimfires.

Very nice rifle. I really like the camo job on the stock. I definitely leaning toward a Sparrow SS or Spectre II suppressor. I really don't want to cut my current barrel because it shoots pretty good, but I might change my mind.

Yoteman - Are suppressors allowed at the Rimfire Tactical match at Catawba? I plan on shooting there a few timescarp.orgs year.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you BC 6.8
yes suppressors can be used at the TSC match, just have your paper work with you.
go to cvrp.org on web pull up TSC match all info will be there
when you come to the match ask for Curtis(yoteman), Joe(armop8chikn), Steve(apache308)
would be glad to see ya, allways 2and Saturday of the month

BC 6.8

killer scope too
me likey