• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater new discovery channel show. "American guns"

Re: new discovery channel show. "American guns"

i cant wait until the episode where the Fake tittied mom is reveiled as an alien, she already looks like one

the only thing better than watching this train wreck is my weekly ritual of lathering myself up in baby oil and shame, popping in the blu-ray high def movie "Thor", and flogging my hammer throughout the man cave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i cant wait until the episode where the Fake tittied mom is reveiled as an alien, she already looks like one </div></div>

And the little red headed step child saying nothing buy "yes" the whole time. Olympics? Yeah right. I've been to the Olympic training center to do some shooting and he wouldn't make it through the door.

Had to watch the dumb cannon bit last night. WTF, somebody paid over $6000 for that piece of crap? 3K psi oxy tank would have been a frag bomb, except that the bowling ball had about 1/2" freebore around it, and they used less than 1/2 lb blackpowder. There was a video years ago that showed somebody in Alaska firing bowling balls with 1 lb of pyrodex out of a piece of oil well casing. They cleared the 500 yd backstop at the club range he was using. And the ripoff of the shop owner buying these engraved double rifles, drillings and other gems off somebody for what, $20K, and 3 oz of gold? Makes me throw up.

But they were GOLD boolits! Has to be worth more. The joke of a show continues and I like to make fun of it more with every episode.

After reading a bunch of info on Colo. gun forums, I can't figure out how this asshole is still in business...

I hate to see a shit business get richer because of a TV show...

The lady who ordered the pink bedazzled 1911 was interesting!
smile.gif

Wathed the show the other night when they converted a 7mm Mag into a 458 Lott. The gunsmith says they don't test fire it in the stock in case something isn't right and it damages the stock. So he holds the barreled action in his hand and Yells " Test fire 458 Lott" and touches the round off. First off he's standing right in front of the test fire barrel, who cares what he's firing. An most importantly he didn't want to ruin a stock, but holds the action in his hand. Each time I watch it Rich tells the gunsmiths how stupid they are and that they are not doing the job correctly. Show is lame.

How about the one guy who is so fat he has to sit on a stool to run the lathe..... I have never seen anyone sit and run a lathe, you need to be standing and watching all the time.

When they were trying to take the action and barrel apart, it was obvious they had never done that before..

The show is a joke.

After reading through this thread and some of the links talking about Gun Smoke I now know why they chose that company for the show. It had the highest potential for drama and the potential for marital and business problems. That is what passes for Discover channel shows - check out Orange County Chopper and see what that did for their business ans personal life. It is all about the drama and how much carnage can be put into your life. Never ever let these people into your business as it is a sure sign you have issues with your life.

i heard the fat fuck "sitting smith" is deep railing the daughter, just what i heard

Got no respect for a father that let's his teenage daughter dress like a slut to boost their ratings. That says all I need or care to know about them.

id tell that fool of in a sec if he came around me with that "im on tv" coin, i don't give a rats

im relay upset, i was hoping to see a show about good, well built weapons and quality work-man0ship, but we got another RFJ, i hope that cross eyed fake titty chick takes him for all he got and marries a coke-head and blows it all over her fake daughters snatch. that's what he gits for making us hard working gun guys who actually care about the trade and the perception we portray to the world

and give the fat guy a fucking twinkie please and some fucking baby powder for the dam rash he scratches at

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok im tired of it caught up on my dvr and id rather watch the bucktooth chick over trapies and her booted at least RJF chick legal. telling people the guns worth wayyyyy more than their worth, used 107 for 12k they nuts, that bar going from 20k to 10k and that sliver like its 10oz of gold. = gold woth way more than sliver watch the news some time

if my wife, who i am willing to say i know nothing but if she my wife, she says their full of it well.....

out of the mouth of babes

get my point,

i understand this a tv show but a fictional show come on feed the gunsmith a god-dam pack of twinkie and put RJF back on

</div></div>Stay in school kids.

I AWARD YOU NO POINTS
everyone-is-now-dumber.jpg

I saw part of an episode where he was gonna charge some idiot $20,000 for building a replica 66 Win Yellow Boy, and in the same show, he goes to a big estate, and screws some guy out of about $35,000 worth of engraved safe queens for $16,500, Had to turn it off, almost puked.

I posted this in another thread but it's more fitting here:

Ever notice how the dad always grabs all guns out of everyone's hands the instant their done looking/shooting it? Watch him, as soon as anyone including his own family is done he'll grab the gun. I think it's weird, like some kind of dominance move or something.

Yea, unless he was shot by a family memember before and is afaid to be shot again..

After the cowboy shot the out house, the dad ripped the rifle out of the cowboys hands. I was like WTF, if that was me, he would have been punched in the teeth. That's my 20 thousand dollar gun now, not is.

The dad is a strange bird.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xs hedspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw part of an episode where he was gonna charge some idiot $20,000 for building a replica 66 Win Yellow Boy, and in the same show, he goes to a big estate, and screws some guy out of about $35,000 worth of engraved safe queens for $16,500, Had to turn it off, almost puked. </div></div>

That's buisness my friend. Buy low, sell high.. The people can always say no.

I have to say it's not "quite" as bad as Sons of Guns!!!!

Those Red Jacket guys scare me!

why couldnt he buy a gun from the Henry company? do they just make 73's?

Wow, I haven't seen this show yet, but after reading this forum, and finding out that their shop is only a couple miles from where I work (how'd I miss it all these years?) I have to check it out!

Think I'll drop by the shop next week to see what it's like. Anyone else here been by?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just FYI, everything is completely scripted on the shows. The "customers" are just actors and not a bit of it is for real. You can check out this thread over on The High Road which I enjoy reading as well.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=617142 </div></div>

'and I thought we were harsh, those guys are brutal and actually back it up! Great link!

That why I like that site. Its a great community and tons of knowledge about everything gun related.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xs hedspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw part of an episode where he was gonna charge some idiot $20,000 for building a replica 66 Win Yellow Boy, and in the same show, he goes to a big estate, and screws some guy out of about $35,000 worth of engraved safe queens for $16,500, Had to turn it off, almost puked. </div></div>

If you watch that episode closely it's total BS. When they test fired it and the thing spewed they were saying it was headspace so they'll use longer links. No one makes various sized links the other links that are made are for shorter lever throw. THEN when they get it all together the wood was 100% Uberti, right down to the finish they use. THEN x 2 when the "customer" was looking at it and rotated it you could make out the Cimarron Firearms markings on the barrel. Pathetic

Its because its fun to hate on something that shows us all in a bad light and is completely fake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its because its fun to hate on something that shows us all in a bad light and is completely fake. </div></div>

I know I know. And you're right. I have recorded the show (as well as the RedJacket show) and watched a few episodes, but always leave with that guilty feeling I get driving past a bad auto accident and looking over the extent of the damage and injury.

But what I find interesting is that the non "gun person" people I talk to sort of dig these shows. And to a certain extent, that is a good thing. I suspect there is at least some positive effect on reducing the well-undeserved "taboo" connotation regarding firearms.

The one thing that is real on the show though is that the owner, imho, is a <span style="font-style: italic">REAL</span> dick.

He went to court over a few things in the past and got contempt of court too. He is think king of person I would like to see someone call his bluff on and watch him walk away crying in shame.

Is it just me or every time something gets shot and magically explodes and then they show it in slow motion, but it appears there is never even a bullet penetrating the object.

20 grand for that .50 cal.. HAHAHAHHAHAHA

I would be pissed at the gunsmoke logo on the stock..

Did he think he was getting a great deal for 20g's?

I was like WTF the over the whole gun.. I thought it looked like crap too. Some skulls and flames, how orginal..

It's tv aimed at anyone who dosen't know crap. At least they got women to keep us watching.

I hope he she and them all choke on a cock.

I wish they where members so they see what we thought about them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope he she and them all choke on a cock.

I wish they where members so they see what we thought about them </div></div>

But if they were members, we'd be stuck listening to the stupid stuff they say. Probably wouldn't take long for that know-it-all dad to ruin some good threads

This show is one of the worst I've seen in a long time, I gave it a chance, watch several episodes.

The Wounded Warrior donation and the build for the injured vet was pretty good, but aside from that it's been crap. It's almost laughable.

I realize I should have bought some stock in Tanerite though.

I have watched a few episodes, and yet to see them shoot anything outside of bow range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AWZ1287</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is up with this guy and Oliver North signed guns?
It seems every week he is trying to sell one, and this week he was like I wouldn't sell it but I have more so I can let it go. how many guns did he have North sign?
how much is his signature worth? it can't be that much. $12,000 for the SP1 because of the signature is crazy I thought the value of the SP1 was like $1,500-2,000 the signature can't be worth $10,000. </div></div>

signed first edition ON book on e-bay, book cost 24.99 new, starting bid 9.99 http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLIVER-NORTH-MIS...=item4cfce738a9

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

But what I find interesting is that the non "gun person" people I talk to sort of dig these shows. And to a certain extent, that is a good thing. I suspect there is at least some positive effect on reducing the well-undeserved "taboo" connotation regarding firearms.

</div></div>

Think about this situation more critically. Those "non gun people" like the show because it simply reinforces every negative stereotype about shooters that they already believe ie.

1) they are all boastful arrogant assholes
2) fat out of shape retards who constantly need to be supervised due to their inability to build a safe firearm
3) continuously destroying/blowing shit up
4) plating and bedazzling every thing they touch
etc etc

The Discovery Channel is doing us zero favors in producing shows like Sons of Guns (actual criminal activity) and American Guns. With the level of scripting and production it is very clear they are producing them to create a message and develop an image which was decided prior to choosing the cast/gunshop.

I've actually been to the shop and met Kirk (Owners Son). I sold him a Cellphone. Kirk was pretty cool and laid back. From what I saw the prices on the guns were pretty pricey, saw 2 Barrett .50cals on the floor used for $12,000+ thought that was pretty ridiculous. Wouldn't ever go there to buy a gun. Wouldn't mind selling Kirk another phone though. As for the show, its pretty crazy what people will pay for a firearm.