• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Eye Candy

Re: New Eye Candy

Not upset and I also think they are all good people, but my point is why couldn't they sell me a barrel If gap could? Maybe it's just me but I like it when a copany goes out of there way to help somebody out. No offense to surgeon at all because they built me an awsome rifle but I think gap will work harder to help thier customers.

Surgeon
Didn't mean to offend you but first on the list is to keep the guys in the shop with work. The barrels you were wanting already had names on them. I would and am working on reducing our inventory to reduce our overhead which means in the future we plan on haveing less parts on hand and have parts come in the door a month or so before the build. If we would have had extra barrels I would have sold you one in a heartbeat but if we don't I can't afford to have the guys stand around and wait on a barrel or a stock to come in. George is a great guy and we have bought barrels from him and Terry and others just to keep the guys working. I agree with you on the service of a business. If you think you get better service from business A than business B then I would definatly buy from business A.

Thanks Preston for the response and please take no offense towards y'all for any reason because the rifle I got from you couldn't be better by any means. The way I understood it was you had several barrels laying around that were not yet linked to future builds. Miss understanding on my part I recon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: osuarchitect</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WNroscoe...someone else asked this but I didn't see your answer...did you flute the barrel or did you order it that way? Thanks. </div></div>

It came that way from Bartlien. </div></div>

Very nice work. Just FYI your post about truing actions was very helpful. I think it pushed me over the edge to trying to do one myself. You are a credit to this site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: osuarchitect</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: osuarchitect</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WNroscoe...someone else asked this but I didn't see your answer...did you flute the barrel or did you order it that way? Thanks. </div></div>

It came that way from Bartlien. </div></div>

Very nice work. Just FYI your post about truing actions was very helpful. I think it pushed me over the edge to trying to do one myself. You are a credit to this site. </div></div>

Thanks. The hardest part about receiver truing is this, on the first receiver you true, letting the threading tool run into the receiver threads after you pick them up and make that first cut. You'll be a little nervous the first few times
wink.gif

HUGE Bump for WNROSCOE at Louisiana Precision

I finally got out to the range yesterday after all the flooding and I was amazed at how well the 300 Rum performed with the 91 grains of Reloader-25 and the 210 grain Berger Vld's. I shot a three shot group at 500 yards which measured 1 3/8 and then doped for another half minute for the 5:00 wind and it was a kill!! A huge smile all the way home and a reassurance of the money I spent on the build...Your work is AMAZING!!
Should also cure any rumors about barrel fluting having a negative effect on accuracy..No problems with this puppy. I'll let you know the results at 800 yds when I get to shoot again. Thanks again ...

6td2j9.jpg

20pwke9.jpg

I need a tactical umbrella and tactical chest waders so i can go shoot my rifle :-(

Well the rain stopped today and i went and shot his bad boy and its pretty much awsome!I shot 3 shot groups because im just load testing,the first thing i shot was (155 scenar with 43 grns benchmark)was pretty bad for a three shot but o well its just a try.The second was(44grns varget 175 smk) pretty good but not good enuff.The last is(44.5 varget 175 smk)and damnit boy here we go! I dont know why i wrote 45.5 on the target cuz its really 44.5
DSCF2230.jpg
DSCF2229.jpg
DSCF2228.jpg
and just for proof
DSCF2220.jpg

Roscoe builds one hell of a rifle!!!

Great shooting!!!!

Congrats!!!

I have to say. Preston is a stand up guy. He has always given me top knotch customer service. That is why I buy all Surgeon parts if I can!!!

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Surgeon, that last group you measured at 0.499 is less than half that, more like 0.20. </span>

Nevermind, I see you wrote 0.19 in the pic above. Good guess on my part though huh?

That also shows that there's a rifleman behind the rig that can shoot. My father lucked into a .18 five shot group with his. I told him to never expect to do that again. But Yeah, that one hell of a shooter you got there.

Thanks a lot for the comments guys! Ima try to luck a good one in there tommorow with some five shots since I've found some good loads.

Here's another one from Louisiana Precision Rifles.

Zero load development I threw some rounds together for break-in shooting. 175 SMK on 41.5gr H4895 on top of a BR2, packed in Lapua brass. I loaded 30 of these and 20 rounds using same combo but 44.0gr Varget. COAL 2.80".

This is from rounds 13-15 from a .308 that I picked up last week. Fired from bipod/rear bag set-up. I guess he's good on his 1/4MOA guarantee since this measured 0.124".

TestGroupLAP308-2.jpg

Rifle specs:

Rem 700SA lug slotted
DD Ross Base acquired on the hide
Schnieder 6 groove 12 twist
McMillan A4 from JW Precision
Badger Bottom Metal & rings from Triad Tactical
40x trigger acquired on the hide
Leupold Mark 4 glass

Specs are close to M40A3

I think I'll skip developing a load for this one and just shoot this one. Need to stretch its legs now....

That is one sweet stick, once I scrape together some fund, I want you to build me my next toy, Roscoe. Then I can stop looking at your builds and being jealous.