• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition New F-TR rifle

scissorhands

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2013
Houston, Texas
Was feeling a little left out with all the new rifle threads. Finally got the rings and base installed. Hopefully I will be able to make it out to the 1000 yard match @ bayou on April 7.
Savage 12 F-TR .308

0a4f1057-a54b-4dea-8e9a-619a2021066c.jpg

Was feeling a little left out with all the new rifle threads. Finally got the rings and base installed. Hopefully I will be able to make it out to the 1000 yard match @ bayou on April 7.
Savage 12 F-TR .308

0a4f1057-a54b-4dea-8e9a-619a2021066c.jpg

Cool, Congrats!
Picking mine up Friday!! Can't wait.

Diego

One of the most accurate out of the box rifles you can buy. Mine really likes the 155.5 FB's. But I've only shot them out to 600. Good luck with it!

Got mine yesterday in 223.

It will also be shot at Bayou.

Great, another picture of the same factory rifle. (Groan).

What kind of apples are those?

And is that a Merrell shoe box?

Just kidding. I'm glad you finally got your rifle and I will see you on the 7th.

Great, another picture of the same factory rifle. (Groan).

What kind of apples are those?

And is that a Merrell shoe box?

Just kidding. I'm glad you finally got your rifle and I will see you on the 7th.

LOL

Wife's keen shoes and some honeycrisp apples!!!!!

Sweet..... I am also happy to see it is not an F Open rifle which means I won't have to compete against you.

Paul

So true, today's shoot was only 5 Standard to 3 open. No wind and everyone did well. I try very hard to recruit folks to F-Standard, only our 1000 yard shoots and 300 yard night shoots draw big open crowds anyway.

judging by the "night-shoot" reference I am guessing these are modified F-Class matches at best..... or is this something new in the NRA record books ???

Sorry, no F-standard is Australian F-Class. F-Open is the same as America. I am working in Australia for another 7 months.

I didn't realize it was not called F-Standard in America, as I have only been shooting it since I moved to Australia in 2010.

Honestly I had never even thought to look up American F-class, I guess I better do that before I start building rifles again when we return.

We shoot night shoots two or three times a month, somewhere in the neghborhood of 300-500 meters. We usually shoot at a "flyshoot target".

masterclass stocks has my stock right now getting rid of that big hunk of plastic on the comb... you will like how it shoots..
i run berger 155vld's over varget and get real good results for my kindegarten loading ability..

So have you got to do any load development yet?

Diego

I do have a good load for it, but I probably wont have time to chronograph it. I did the OCW test. Hopefully my schedule lets me come out and play on the 7th.

Lapua brass, 175 SMK, 43.2gn Varget. .018 off the lands.

cd492155-6aa8-40be-a74c-fde0bb9828fc.jpg

I'm doing my new member orientation at Bayou on Saturday. I can't wait to shoot in a F-Class competition, and more importantly, learn about it. Cool rifle. Not a fan of the big plastic thing on the cheek rest, but I like the stock.

Nice rifle. They are very competitive right out of the box. I have been placed in check a few times in F-open with a very good shooter behind a Savage 6.5x284 F-class rig.