• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP Extreme Hunter in 6.5 SAUM

The more I read about the 6.5 SAUM makes me want to build one for hunting out here in the desert.

10-4. It'll be the perfect gun for desert muleys and coues deer. I am gonna try to have one by next year. I wish I had one for this year as my son and I have elk tags and it'd be great for that too

What r the specs on the barrel on the bighorn and what brake?

Thanks Doug

I will have to start a new thread with updates on the gun. Moon had the guy paint it that is down the street from him and GAP. Thanks George,Pat, Scott for making me spend more money. Sorry Scott that I had to copy your paint colors.
Its a Moon built Crescent Customs
GAP 4s reamer
25 inch Bartlein sendero 1-8.5
APA little Bastard
APA rings
APA bottom metal
McMillan A3 Edge
Bighorn SR2
jewel trigger

Last edited:
I will have to start a new thread with updates on the gun. Moon had the guy paint it that is down the street from him and GAP. Thanks George,Pat, Scott for making me spend more money. Sorry Scott that I had to copy your paint colors.
GAP 4s reamer
APA little Bastard
APA rings
APA bottom metal
McMillan A3 Edge
Bighorn SR2
jewel trigger

Its funny that you got Moon to build you one, he has been telling everyone how stupid he thinks the caliber is. He must have finally shot one. Now he will want one!! Looks really nice, I like the specs!!

Last edited:
GAP 4s reamer
APA little Bastard
APA rings
APA bottom metal
McMillan A3 Edge
Bighorn SR2
jewel trigger

sweet rig bro...

send me another STM kit and we will call it even in the paint ;). Grin !!

F..k me George I promised myself I wouldn't build another rifle until I got my gap10, but I am calling this week. Does cooper creek match your loads George?
Thanks.
Joe

Starting to drop like flies!!!!

408013219.jpg

Pat,

That is an awesome buck. Congrats.

Paul

Will the 6.5 SAUM run out of BDL short action bottom metal? Specifically a MCS-BDL mini chassis?

Last edited:
Its funny that you got Moon to build you one, he has been telling everyone how stupid he thinks the caliber is. He must have finally shot one. Now he will want one!! Looks really nice, I like the specs!!

I was pretty skeptical when Bill first showed me his and told me about it. First thing that came to mind was barrel life, after reading the thread and running numbers I went ahead and built one! Just working on getting my load all sorted out :)

Can't wait until GAP get's my comp gun done. Been shooting a 6.5cm and now all of my misses will be that much closer.;)

They got mine the first week of September and all they had to do was run their design reamer in it. Should be done anytime now I would think. I've loved the caliber since 09 when I got mine just hated making brass for it and was only getting 2-3 reloads out of it because the chamber was too tight. Loosened the primer pockets real fast. Can't wait to start enjoying this thing again.

Skyking...love the look of the A3 edge and that paint scheme. Might do that on mine one day. Had thoughts of when I burnt the barrel out going all black on the metal with a Greybull Precision tan stock. We'll see.

Hey all,

We have Lots of goodies IN STOCK for the 6.5 RSAUM.

We Have Brass available.

NEW 300 Norma RSAUM

Converted Norma And Remington Brass is IN STOCK and ready to ship.

We Have loaded Ammunition available in either Norma or Remington Brass.

More Dies are en route from Redding!!

We also have Modified Cases in Stock and ready to ship!

We Can also Convert your brass to 6.5 4S RSAUM for you!!

Check it out here...

6.5 4s RSAUM

I don't remember reading that you need a 27" barrel for the 140's, did I miss something or would the 140's be closer to 3000fps in a 24" barrel?

"per Copper Creeks website"

Last edited:
After prepping 200 pieces of 300 SAUM brass...That ready to load brass is excellent value Josh, i wish you had an export license.

I don't remember reading that you need a 27" barrel for the 140's, did I miss something or would the 140's be closer to 3000fps in a 24" barrel?

"per Copper Creeks website"

I've driven 140's and 139's at 3175fps in my 24" 1-8.7" Bartlein. Easy bolt lift and round primers.

So Copper Creek is just down loading then...

Thanks for the reply.

Every barrel and chamber is slightly different. If anything, he is saving you some headache by backing it down a touch. If you want to get detailed, request his load pack and then go from that to his loaded ammo with your desired specs.
That's what I did and it runs perfectly.

Every barrel and chamber is slightly different. If anything, he is saving you some headache by backing it down a touch. If you want to get detailed, request his load pack and then go from that to his loaded ammo with your desired specs.
That's what I did and it runs perfectly.

Yep, I'd think a 27" barrel would be different than a 24"

Both Pat and I have, 139 is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hey George. What did you guys find lacking in the 136? I have shot around 1300 in my creedmoors with great success.

I have a bunch of Berger 130s set aside for my 6.5 SAUM, but would appreciate any input you have on the 136.

Russ @ DTM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk