• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP Extreme Hunter in 6.5 SAUM

The 6.5saum strikes again. 130gr pointed berger VLD target ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412791517.132619.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412791533.330569.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First take with my new 6.5....................
Man, what a cartridge. I really really like it. Superbly accurate and recoil is minimal as has been said. My speed goat hunt lasted 16 minutes. Got to the unit boundary, got the rifle ready, drove 16 minutes, spotted a herd with a nice buck, got out, laid prone and made the 310 yard shot with the 6.5 saum and 140 berger. Was able to drive to the goat and load it in the back of the truck. I guess you have to take an easy one every once in awhile. ..........
I bought this rifle a couple of weeks ago from CPGfan and I am in love. She is a one holer and very easy to shoot. Now we are headed up to the high country of Idaho for backcountry mulies.

Randy

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    920.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
First take with my new 6.5....................
Man, what a cartridge. I really really like it. Superbly accurate and recoil is minimal as has been said. My speed goat hunt lasted 16 minutes. Got to the unit boundary, got the rifle ready, drove 16 minutes, spotted a herd with a nice buck, got out, laid prone and made the 310 yard shot with the 6.5 saum and 140 berger. Was able to drive to the goat and load it in the back of the truck. I guess you have to take an easy one every once in awhile. ..........
I bought this rifle a couple of weeks ago from CPGfan and I am in love. She is a one holer and very easy to shoot. Now we are headed up to the high country of Idaho for backcountry mulies.

Randy

Very nice pronghorn! Looks like your about 30 miles north of Howe. Cool area.

Slight breeze left to right. Impact third and fourth round. First hit high shoulder. Second liver. Ranged with two Vector 21s.

High country muley's don't like it either. Just got back from a hunt with Trophy Mountain Outfitters. Hunted for 5 days for giant that had been scouted in pre-season. Never found him. Shot this 3x4 on the way out last morning. 350 yards with a 140 VLD. Video through the spotter coming soon. One shoulder shot, rolled him down the hill. Recovered the jacket in between the hide and shoulder on the off side. Used it on a ton of deer so far and haven't been disappointed.

Attachments

• IMG_1380.jpg
    IMG_1380.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 61
How fast is everyone running the 140s? Im getting 3040 with 60g h100 in Norma brass fed 215m but seems to me that this is slow. 91 rds down the tube

3040 is nothing to sneeze at, would imagine that will increase with a couple hundred rounds down the barrel

I was told 7 round mags are available. Anyone run them with Manners? Would like to see some pics how they look like on the gun; too long for prone?

Keep us posted on how the 6.5 SAUM does!

Well, the first deer hunt is out of the way. My brother missed this guy at 810 yards with his creedmoor and after watching him bed down for a couple of hours, I went after him and jumped him out of his bed at about 100 yards. I ended up shooting him running at 208 yards with my newly acquired 6.5 saum. Can't say enough good about this cartridge and the 140 berger. Now that the meat buck is out of the way, rest of the season will be for elk and muy grande. Thanks to CPGfan and all of you for the info on the 6.5.

Randy

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    558.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    713.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    738.2 KB · Views: 66
Well, the first deer hunt is out of the way. My brother missed this guy at 810 yards with his creedmoor and after watching him bed down for a couple of hours, I went after him and jumped him out of his bed at about 100 yards. I ended up shooting him running at 208 yards with my newly acquired 6.5 saum. Can't say enough good about this cartridge and the 140 berger. Now that the meat buck is out of the way, rest of the season will be for elk and muy grande. Thanks to CPGfan and all of you for the info on the 6.5.

Randy

Wow. That's impressive and I'm a bit jelly. Had you gone out early in the year and seen him? Looks like youre just above the craters. If so, I'm impressed you found a buck like that out there. Well done sir.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413060226.889485.jpgFinished up the 2014 Antelope extravaganza with this whopper antelope, Pat spotted him from 1980 yards, we made a 1600 yard stalk and took him from 383 yards. The buck scores around 80 inches and has 15 1/8" beams. My best antelope ever. Huge thanks to my great hunting buddy Pat for making it happen!! On a side note, I am super impressed at the performance of the JLK's on game, even extremely long distance shots made full penetration and left deadly exit wounds. The 6.5 SAUM 4S impresses me more and more every time I use it!

View attachment 52715Finished up the 2014 Antelope extravaganza with this whopper antelope, Pat spotted him from 1980 yards, we made a 1600 yard stalk and took him from 383 yards. The buck scores around 80 inches and has 15 1/8" beams. My best antelope ever. Huge thanks to my great hunting buddy Pat for making it happen!! On a side note, I am super impressed at the performance of the JLK's on game, even extremely long distance shots made full penetration and left deadly exit wounds. The 6.5 SAUM 4S impresses me more and more every time I use it!

Kudo's to you, your hunting guide buds, and your fine rifle. That Xtreme Hunter is living up to it's billing in every way. Well done.

Last edited:

Randy

Hell of a nice deer. Good luck elk hunting.

First deer was shot at 600 yards with a 30 Hart - 210 Berger, 2-15 mph variable crosswind that was inconsistent as all hell. Shot went a little far forward. Awesome deer though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNHpQizstEI&feature=em-upload_owner

Second deer was last day. The guides had spotted a really nice buck earlier in the year and I held out for him as long as I could. Ended up killing this guy at 350 with the 6.5 4S and a 140 Berger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVu3HJa4pAw

Both videos are through a leupold spotter with a Cannon Rebel attached to the back. Turned out pretty well I thought. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Nice!

Just ordered some of the new 135 gr JLKs... If anyone else gets some please post your results. Never shot any JLKs and am curious what seating depth they usually like.

Got some coming test hope to have them this week. You will like the 140 JLK''s, I shoot them jumped .030". I personally think the new 135's are going to be the bullet of choice for the .081" FB SAUM

Nice!

Just ordered some of the new 135 gr JLKs... If anyone else gets some please post your results. Never shot any JLKs and am curious what seating depth they usually like.

Got some coming test hope to have them this week. You will like the 140 JLK''s, I shoot them jumped .030". I personally think the new 135's are going to be the bullet of choice for the .081" FB SAUM

Cool. I have the .081" FB so I'm hoping these work well. Thanks for the info and looking forward to your results.

I started loading the 140JLKs just off the lands -.005". Haven't re-adjusted depth to chase lands in a few hundred rounds, and they still bughole. Super performer from the 6.5 4s, and they kill well, too...

Reactions: Huckleberry75
OK you guys need to clue me in on the new 135 jlk. I need info. Nothing on swamp works site. Just bought 500 of the 130s.
xdeano

OK you guys need to clue me in on the new 135 jlk. I need info. Nothing on swamp works site. Just bought 500 of the 130s.
xdeano

Not many have them yet. A few hundred were sent out for testing.

George Gardner had this to say:

After Initial Testing on the 135 JLK I can tell you this weight class is spot on for the 6.5 4S . Pointed G1 is .645-.650 G7 .330

62-62.5 of H1000 is the sweet spot and nets 3150 without any noticeable pressure.

At 500 ft DA it's 5.9 to 1000 yards.

I'm shooting the rest that I have at the Bushnell Brawl this weekend.

More to come

Not many have them yet. A few hundred were sent out for testing.

George Gardner had this to say:

After Initial Testing on the 135 JLK I can tell you this weight class is spot on for the 6.5 4S . Pointed G1 is .645-.650 G7 .330

62-62.5 of H1000 is the sweet spot and nets 3150 without any noticeable pressure.

At 500 ft DA it's 5.9 to 1000 yards.

I'm shooting the rest that I have at the Bushnell Brawl this weekend.

More to come

Thanks for the info fongman, I'll pick up some 135s to try after I burn these 130s up.
xdeano