• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New glass for my Savage .17HMR

TexasAG2004

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
I made a pretty big mistake and put a $150.00 scope on my Savage .17HMR and it wont hold zero, so I need some advice. Im looking for a $300 scope with target turrets. SS 10X40, WO TAC 4.5-14x50, and Falcon 4-14x44 are on the list.

Any thoughts?

how much is too much scope for a rimfire?

Im using this gun for shooting targets and general plinking out to about 200 yards.

Re: New glass for my Savage .17HMR

I have a nikon buckmaster on mine. Fantastic for the price. Have had it for about a year dragging it around squirrel and varmint hunting, no negatives yet.

btw its a 4.5x14x44. It is a little long, but other than that it looks fine on the rifle.

I've got a mueller tactical for sale in the classifieds if you're interested..I used it for my 17hmr savage and it worked phenomenally. I've got too many scopes and I don't need this one anymore. I like the mueller scopes, they're not expensive but they track very well and hold their zero. Everytime I've taken it out I've never had to change my zero. I like to dial my elevation and windage as a training tool, and I can dial up to my 330 yard dope down to 200 yards and back to my 100 yard zero repeatably. my .02

I appreciate the input guys. I am going to a gun show tomorrow and im going to put my hands on as many of these models as possible. Then choose the one that looks the best for this application.