• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new gun!

HeathEasley

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2010
weatherford,TX
i just bought a DPMS LR .308 ap4 took it to the range and i was shooting 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards with only the stock iron sights needless to say i cant wait to get a scope on it!

Re: new gun!

I love my DPMS LR-308. What barrel do you have? My factory 18" bull barrel shoots half MOA all day long. Have fun

YouForgottoPostPicturesSon.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ponchair</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sometimes I just post randomly so I can watch her.</div></div>

sometimes I just follow your posts around so I can see her
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ponchair</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sometimes I just post randomly so I can watch her.</div></div>

sometimes I just follow your posts around so I can see her
grin.gif

</div></div>

LOL! I swear there are some days that I just post a comment and never leave the page. Shay Laren is here name BTW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Easley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
iphone2014.jpg
</div></div>

Dude seriously, why is your rear sight so far forward?

Please you have to tell us why your rear sight is that far forward. Had to explain to my wife that I was looking at the gun and not the girl.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Easley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
iphone2014.jpg
</div></div>

Dude seriously, why is your rear sight so far forward? </div></div>

Because it's a "long range" gun
grin.gif

Just kidding, I'm in pain and sarcasm is a relief for me.

Cheers,

Doc

My spotter here used one at Tiger Valley. We had no problems with still-standing steel targets after being hit
smile.gif

33w30qs.jpg

I have the AP4 and a 308LR 24" both are very accurate rifles with a moderate shot behind them. The quality does the work
and the job.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

what about the rear sight? lol, seriously.

oh and another thing...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4kU0XCVey_U"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4kU0XCVey_U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

i thought you were only supposed to look at the front site? if it works, it works. the shortened radius will throw the clicks off but as long as your hitting with it. all my irons are on pistols and this new script has yet to be tested. but i can see clear out to the horizon now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Easley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the rear sight is foward so i can see it and the front sight when my rear sight is back i can only focus on one </div></div>

maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years but I think you're only SUPPOSED to focus your eye one one, the front

hmm, I'd try moving that sight back where it's supposed to be. As was said, you shouldn't and don't need to focus on both sights at once.

I'm having the same problem with that guys signature gif...both of my eyes keep focusing on both of them..if you know what I mean....
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Easley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i guess its just personal preference i like to see both my sights for better accuracy </div></div>

It gives you an improper sight picture set up like that.

That being said the more distance you can get between the front and rear the BETTER your sight picture will be.

AND with that being said the closest you can get your eye to the rear aperture the BETTER your sight picture will be.

Which is why when shooting irons with an AR platform its always best to use the "Nose to charging handle" method. With a 308 AR as long as you're holding the rifle properly it just bumps your nose a wee bit more than a 15 does.
laugh.gif

not to beat up on you easley, just trying to get you steered straight...

expanding on what pupdawg says, think about the AK platform. The rear sight is pretty far forward - and it's one of the reasons the AR is more accurate.

move 'er back!