• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy from SouthCentral PA

rspeer

Minuteman
May 30, 2013
SouthCentral PA
Been lurking here a bit and joined a few weeks ago. Very informative site and I've learned a lot already! I've been shooting all my life, but am relatively new to the long-range game. I bought a Rem 5R a couple months ago and have it outfitted with a SWFA 12x scope for now (hope to snag a NF in the not-too-distant future!)

Typically, I post pretty infrequently on internet sites, but will contribute if/when I can.

Where at in sc pa? There's a few places around me that are good for practice.

I'm also from the York area as well. Welcome aboard, this site has tons of good info.

I'm also from the York area and would be interested in some long range shooting

Straight outta south central, huh? :D I'm also shooting a 5R, have you adjusted down your trigger yet? That and cheek riser were my favorite cheap/free upgrades initially. Welcome to the site!

I'm in my last year at Millersville so not all to far from York. You guys know of any "distance" ranges near by?

Hey Flirtin', I've been searching for that long distance range for some time now. Haven't found it yet. I'll let you folks know if I come across anything. I might try something towards Delta PA and worst case upstate around Sinnamahoning PA.

Nearby???? not quite, but not too awful far to Mifflin County range in Lewistown---1000yds, $60/year for family membership....

I just heard about that the other day. Ill have to look into it. I wouldn't mind doing some weekend shooting while class is in session and hopefully getting my feet wet in some competitions.

Straight outta south central, huh? :D I'm also shooting a 5R, have you adjusted down your trigger yet? That and cheek riser were my favorite cheap/free upgrades initially. Welcome to the site!

Yeah, almost confusing isn't it? Maybe I should have said "the central part of southern PA"?

Haven't adjusted the trigger yet, but plan to as soon as I can lay my hands on a scale.

UPS just delivered a Triad stock pack to me today, as well as a bipod & a couple other goodies. :D

I don't have many rounds thru it yet, but what I've seen so far looks very promising. Thanks for the welcome.

PS-just noticed you're from WA. My son just returned from LDAC at Joint Base Lewis McChord last week. He really liked what he saw of WA, and wants to return at some point to sightsee, etc.

Nearby???? not quite, but not too awful far to Mifflin County range in Lewistown---1000yds, $60/year for family membership....

That's the one I was thinking of. It's a little over an hour from me, so not too far. I'm probably going to join at some point; it would be worth it even if I only get there once per month or so. http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com/

There's actually a club with an 800 yd range 5 minutes from me, but it's members only and membership is closed at present. :(

Last edited:
Yeah, rspeer, I've tried to join that several times. There's a waiting list.
Mifflin County can be joined by going to the sporting stores around there, paying your fee, and head for the range.

Cheers,
Tim
The Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed

Yeah, rspeer, I've tried to join that several times. There's a waiting list.
Mifflin County can be joined by going to the sporting stores around there, paying your fee, and head for the range.

Cheers,
Tim
The Right to Keep and Bear Ar

ms Shall NOT be Infringed

And the really sad part of that for me is that I used to be a member there years ago. :(