• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Hill NC Tactical Sniper Match at Woody's Place

branson1369

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2008
    NC Foothills
    New Hill NC Tactical Sniper Match at Woody's Place
    • Check in time will be 8:00 am. Same format as last match (2 person teams).
    • I will be adding another stage w/ 6 targets for a total of 5 Stages w/30 targets.
    • This will be limited to 20 teams just like last match.
    • Those that shot the 1st match will have until Sept. 15 to reserve their team a slot. After that date I will take any new teams interested in shooting in the order received.
    • Remember lunch will be served so pre-registration is required.
    • Targets will be set at 100 to 500 plus yards. All targets are 8" and 10" round metal plates. The natural lay of the land and vegetation will be used in stage design
    • Time is limited at each stage (6 minutes per team).
    • Each shooter must shot his own rifle, carry all ammunition, Kit, etc.
    • Walking distance from stage 1 to stage 5 will be 1.5 miles
    • Cost is $35.00 per person
    • Call if you have any questions.919-422-6465 Thanks Woody

Re: New Hill NC Tactical Sniper Match at Woody's Place

Is there a web site for this match...or registration done by phone?

Give Damon Woodall a call at the number listed he will give you the address to mail the funds to and any info you may want.

Bump

Training that week.
    frown.gif

I am very interested in shootng this match if you have a slot open.

Glen,

Talk to branson1369 at the pistol class on sunday
    smile.gif

We always have slots open

John

What does "same format as last time, 2 person teams" mean exactly? 2 precision guns, bolt/carbine, shooter/spotter?

I would love to do this but I'm going to be unavailable for the month...

The match is a 6 minute timed 2 man stage (5 stages) each shooter must engage and neutralize all targets in the time limit. The targets all are steel with flashers or auto reset.

Each shooter uses their own kit and must carry it between stages. Bolt or Semi Auto are acceptable. I shot my T3 Tactical 308 rig and my partner shot an M1A.

Competetiors last match were a mix of seasoned long range tactical shooters, 3 Gun run and gunners and a few bench rest F class shooters.

The property will lend itself to some strong matches with long shots and I am sure as with Woodys 3 Gun matches they will have a good variety and evolve with feedback from the shooter cadre.

Matches like this and the J.S.T. matches John/Glenn hold are a welcome relief as albiet fun for a lot of excellent shooters to shoot Camp Perry style/F Class is just not tacatical enough for my tastes

We have a great opportunity to participate and help guide how this match evolves. Hope to see as many as possible from the Hide @ the match.

Looking forward to the shoot. Reservation paid,Woody puts on a first class shoot.Nice large open feilds and shoot areas. Anyone attending will not be disapointed.

Last match was great! Woody has a great place to hold the match! The way land is set up you can shoot in many diffrent field so the terrian changes from stage to stage! First class all the way. The great food at the end did not hurt either!

strictly rifle this match. The match is young so that may be a good suggestion for Woody.

Everyone please provide thoughts and suggestions

Still open slots? I haven't been getting off at any decent times as of recently to call, so is there an email contact that I can get? Thanks for your time

Can the match be shot individually? I have no partner and I shoot alone most of the time anyway...just me and the cows
    smile.gif

Give Woody a call 919-422-6465 it is likely someone else needs a partner. It is well worth shooting with someone. A shooter Coming from Sneads Ferry is always good.

Semper Fi

Will do and thanks. I don't mind shooting alone and make my own spots with my set up.

you going to wear some white clammer boots?

The team approach for most of the shots is less about spotting if you are tuned in with your kit. The 6 minute window forces you to work smoothly so each can engage /neutralize the stage. The property will lend itself to likely some 600 to 800 yard shots in the future making the spotter much more valuable.

I beleve if turn out tracks like the last match or better Woody is planning on having several of these in 2011. It is a working property for his business which will give good variety of layout depending upon the season.

I could wear some white shrimp boots
    grin.gif
    They don't seem to hurt groups...maybe wind calls though.

hard to be tactical in "sneads ferry sneakers", unless you are in sneads ferry

tacticool maybe.....

I think Jeremy has us signed up for this one. Time to knock the dust off.

Saturday is an open day at our range in Boone. If anyone close by wants to get some trigger time in and enjoy a nice day in the mountains, you're welcome to be my guest out at the range.
    Just trying to get ready for New Hill.

Man wish I could it is always good to get back to Mtns. Got a 3 Gun Match in Mebane @ DPRC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snakum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Jeremy has us signed up for this one. Time to knock the dust off.</div></div>

Yes sir we are signed up.. A great match to attend I think Woody still has a couple of spots open!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can the match be shot individually? I have no partner and I shoot alone most of the time anyway...just me and the cows
    smile.gif
    </div></div>

GG, my boss is thinking about going. He's ex-Marine (I don't hold it against him, tho
    laugh.gif
    ) and is a pretty decent shooter. He's in Advance NC but he comes down to shoot with us in Olivia. If he'll get off his dead ass I can put you guys in touch, if you want.

The match is not full as of yet and well worth the time!

As a side note to the above post there is no such thing as an ex-Marine

We are just not as lean + mean as we were "Back in the Old Corp"

Looking forward to shooting with you all

Semper Fi

Is there a good Motel close by that can be recommended? I'd rather come down Friday and relax rather than get up at 0dark30 to drive down.

There are all flavors just a few miles up the road in Cary and Raleigh off of US 1

SLots left for 3 or 4 teams. Folks it is looking like it should be a Great match

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Hill NC Tactical Sniper Match at Woody's Place
    • Check in time will be 8:00 am. Same format as last match (2 person teams).
    • I will be adding another stage w/ 6 targets for a total of 5 Stages w/30 targets.
    • This will be limited to 20 teams just like last match.
    • Those that shot the 1st match will have until Sept. 15 to reserve their team a slot. After that date I will take any new teams interested in shooting in the order received.
    • Remember lunch will be served so pre-registration is required.
    • Targets will be set at 100 to 500 plus yards. All targets are 8" and 10" round metal plates. The natural lay of the land and vegetation will be used in stage design
    • Time is limited at each stage (6 minutes per team).
    • Each shooter must shot his own rifle, carry all ammunition, Kit, etc.
    • Walking distance from stage 1 to stage 5 will be 1.5 miles
    • Cost is $35.00 per person
    • Call if you have any questions.919-422-6465 Thanks Woody
    </div></div>

Just booked a room up the road in Apex.
    The physical location of the match is at Christian Chapel Road?

Hey Branson1369,

I believe we have shot in the past in Ramseur, NC at the home range. I will be coming along with one of my fellow instructors(Law-man-the blondy). I will be running a 6.5 grendel and he will be running a standard AR.

A couple questions:
    Will there be time to confirm zero's?