• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New IOR 1-10x26 scope!

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

Check out the post here LO BLOG

This scope will be in three prototype forms at SHOT next week. Val invites all who attend to stop by the booth and offer input on this new model. Like the 3-18x42 FFP, YOU will have input into the final design of this product.

Three main questions:

1) Keep the side focus or get rid of it?

2) This scope currently has two reticles with two separate digital illuminations. A FFP reticle and a SFP dot. The SFP dot is daytime visible and would be appropriate at 1x-2x or so...the FFP reticle could be dialed up for long range work. This is currently similar to the Premier V-8 except that the scope will not automatically make the transition...you will be in control. Keep this configuration or put both reticle and dot in the same focal plane?

3) If putting both center dot and reticle in the same plane (i.e., like the current MP-8 dot) FFP or SFP in this scope design??

Thanks for looking! Val and Scott look forward to your input.

Scott

Re: New IOR 1-10x26 scope!

Interesting. Just when I'm about to receive my March 1-10x in the mail this new scope shows up.

Sounds more than interesting- thinking it for my AR15 / DM scope that you could actually use in IPSC -style shooting too.

1)
No side focus. 10x scope works just fine without it. No point to keep it there "just in case".

2/3)
Hmmm. FFP MP-8 would be "must" to me for rapid hold-overs and offs.
If dot would be in SFP and sized 2,3 or 4MOA at 1X, its still usable in bigger mags too.
If dot would be FFP, cant see how to make it work with illuminated MP-8.
If its "calibrated" for 1x CQ as it should, its pretty much useless in 3x -> zooms then.

So, SFP dot for me with VERY bright max illumination. Size 2-3MOA at 1X. Or perhaps something like in EoTech
wink.gif

P.S.
I wonder- that small lever in magnification ring surely works well, but it <span style="font-style: italic">might</span> prevent using BUIS in AR. In another words, contact to BUIS may block some of mag range unusable.

Rough knurling may work almost as well- and removable lever option with that might be even better "fits for all" solution. Just thinking, my Burris 1-4 XTR + LaRue + MaTech + butler creeks doesn't get along...lens cover blocks some zoom range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1) Keep the side focus or get rid of it?</div></div>

I'd say get rid of it. Set the parallax to 200 m or so and get rid of the weight and bulk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2) This scope currently has two reticles with two separate digital illuminations. A FFP reticle and a SFP dot. The SFP dot is daytime visible and would be appropriate at 1x-2x or so...the FFP reticle could be dialed up for long range work.</div></div>

I'd say stick to that format--if the dot is daylight bright like the S&B short dot. A nice FFP MP8 in the background would be good--I don't think a 1-10 would get used as an on/off switch as 1-4's so often are; people may find themselves using 4X, 6X, etc, quite often so I'd rather have the MP8 in the FFP. Keeping the dot in SFP allows it to be bigger and brighter on 1X as you want it but without covering anything up on 10X.

Boy, if they can pull this off with a scope that looks good optically on 1X (knowing IOR I'm pretty sure it'll look good on 10X) at a reasonable price they may really have something here.

I'd also say get rid of the side parallax if it will save some weight. I definitely like the MP-8 reticle in FFP. If the illumination truly is daytime visible, then I'd like the center dot to be FFP also with a 1 or 2 MOA center dot. 2 MOA isnt that big for a tactical scope. I'd also like to see the outside thick lines replaced with thin lines or with llines like on the S&B CQB Short dot. On 1x, I want the sight picture to be as clear as possible. That has been my problem with some if the scopes that I've had in the past.

And if they could keep the price under $2k, it would be perfect. Preferably $1.5k

No side focus, set it at 100 or 200. The MP8 reticle with a 2-3mil diameter circle might be an idea for FFP reticle if that's possible. Then you'd have a large illuminated circle at 1X and a more or less normal mp8 reticle at 10.

1-10 might be biting off more than they can chew as well, seems like a ratio of 10X is a lot.

That thing looks awesome:

proto.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hiders,
Three main questions:

1) Keep the side focus or get rid of it?

2) This scope currently has two reticles with two separate digital illuminations. A FFP reticle and a SFP dot. The SFP dot is daytime visible and would be appropriate at 1x-2x or so...the FFP reticle could be dialed up for long range work. This is currently similar to the Premier V-8 except that the scope will not automatically make the transition...you will be in control. Keep this configuration or put both reticle and dot in the same focal plane?

3) If putting both center dot and reticle in the same plane (i.e., like the current MP-8 dot) FFP or SFP in this scope design??

Scott
</div></div>

1) I personally like the side focus. The range is 1-10X, not the typical 2.5-10X and it may be necessary for best performance. It's not a deal breaker, but still would prefer it.

2) Leave the illumination as is.

3) Center dot in SFP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.M14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Preferably $1k. </div></div>

Ain't no way that's happening, I hope it come in no more than $1700-$1800 or so.

If you end up keeping the side focus it wouldn't be a bad idea to make it a little thinner so it doesn't get hung up on stuff.Same for the elev knob.

Great idea IOR!I like that scope.

Please address the fisheye effect that both of the 1.1-4s I have owned had...

ditch the side focus
like the 2nd plane dot, heep it small, .5 MOA but make it be able to be VERY bright AND NV compatible

I thought the Premier 1-8 I played with at shot last year was just amazing... anxious to get my hands on one of these

Oh, how about a bigger object version, say 42 as well?

I'll make sure I check this scope out at SHOT.

On reticle illumination: I would suggest keeping the bright dot in SFP, although it depends on how much it would add to the price. You can stick to only having a FFP reticle, but then you have to get a bit more creative with the reticle design.

On side focus: do not be in such a rush to remove it. There is more than just magnification that makes a difference. There is more to it. I'll have a better idea once I look at the scope.

ILya

Scott,

I would like the side focus, but if the knob could be slightly smaller so it wouldn't be as possible to get accidently moved.

I would definitely keep the dot SFP and the reticle FFP.

Look forward to seeing it!

Scott, if the dot were to be SFP, how big would it be on 1x? If they could keep the dot at 1-2 MOA, it would be fine, but I think it would be cheaper to have the dot in FFP.

Scott love the scope as presented. Do not make a change to the present configuration...unless it will save a lot of weight. Removing the knob to save an ounce isn't worth it, if you can remove 5 or more ounces then go ahead.

IOR will be releasing the following this year...

4-16x50/IL FFP
12-52x56/IL
1-10x26/IL
1.25-10x26/IL (2 reticles)

If the 4-16 has sf, zero stop, and mil mil, it will be on my list I think

My only other thing is I wish it had a larger objective. Not huge, but maybe a 35mm or so.... a 2.6mm exit pupil is kind of small.

Do anybody have some news about this scope from SHOT SHOW 2011?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only other thing is I wish it had a larger objective. Not huge, but maybe a 35mm or so.... a 2.6mm exit pupil is kind of small. </div></div>

I 100% agree. I would like IOR to consider building this scope with a body similar to their 2-12x32mm model.

picture.jpg

I would keep the side focus. For me better to have and not need than need and not have. JMHO

Another vote for a larger objective, 32-35 mm range. I agree the exit pupil is getting a little small.