• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New kahles 525

Big shout out to @CSTactical thanks to you it's christmas in July ;) I'll let everyone know my impressions in about 1.5-2 weeks time :)

Finally seeing the tracking information of it on the way to me has us excited haha

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: CStroud and bjay
Where can we buy some scope caps? I still can't believe they don't include scope caps like other high end scopes, especially at their price point. Nickel and diming you

Reactions: Renomd
3.5-18 comes with a shitty neoprene cover that does not look like it was made for the scope. Only disappointing thing about the scope. I paid less for a nightforce, and it came with Tennebrax covers. Oh well still love the scope.

Reactions: waveslayer
I'd be curious to hear about this as well

Ill Keep you posted as soon as i get it in, i Pre Ordered through CSTactical, excellent guys to deal with. its going on top of an unfinished rifle, ACR nucleus. but ill have to put it on my 300 and run it through its paces next to the other two

Reactions: CSTactical
Honest question: shat are the advantages of a Kahles over the Minox ZP5, other than turret location (if you consider that an advantage)?

I was debating between the Kahles and Minox as well, along with the S&B PMII 5-25. I had to steer away from the S&B tho, i couldn't justify the price tag for an optic that tunneled at low mag and has less than desirable reticles IMO. I feel if i'm not satisfied with the Kahles right off the bat (before mounting) id go for the Minox, i've heard nothing but stellar reviews of their glass. and i like the MR4 reticle almost as much as the SKMR3. I Have a feeling i wont be disappointed with the Kahles tho

In their advertisement for the K525i Kahles indicated they would be offering flip up caps as an option, has this been made clear to any dealer as an option vs. having to hunt for Tenebraex caps? I'm sure the Kahles caps are not as nice as Tenebraex but if they are decent enough... They also mentioned a Killflash/ARD and a sunshade, have any of these options been seen for the either the K318i or the new K525i?

In their advertisement for the K525i Kahles indicated they would be offering flip up caps as an option, has this been made clear to any dealer as an option vs. having to hunt for Tenebraex caps? I'm sure the Kahles caps are not as nice as Tenebraex but if they are decent enough... They also mentioned a Killflash/ARD and a sunshade, have any of these options been seen for the either the K318i or the new K525i?

They are not available directly from Kahles 'yet', but it is something we will carry once they have them.

Here is the direct response from Kahles when I asked, "Good Morning Bryan, as of this moment, we do not have covers for the K525. However, there is an aftermarket company that makes very nice product who may have something useful for you. They are called Tenebraex. (They inserted the link to Tenebraex) Please let me know if you have further questions." Lauryn LaBrosse.

So there's your answer. I was disappointed. I emailed Tenebraex and they gave me the model number of the caps that will work. Same eye piece cap as the NF Beast, and the cap for the lens was KH5658-FCR. The front cap is UAC005-FCR

Mile high had them in stock.

Thanks Wave and Richard... so at "some point" Kahles will offer these accessories, but they are not available yet.

Reactions: CSTactical
Thanks Wave and Richard... so at "some point" Kahles will offer these accessories, but they are not available yet.
I doubt they will. Doesn't sound like they are interested in it, just like Swarovski

Hmmm what about the k624i bikini?? Will it work?
Edited:
Nevermind i just called them and they said it will come with bikinis like k624i
I like them better than any flip caps.. once removed they're not in the way while shooting

Last edited:
Get the Aadmount scope caps for the Khales - you will not be disappointed. They flip completely back and out of the way, and if you manage to break one, they will send you a new one free of charge, no questions asked.

Reactions: Jeffd
So far in the earliest update Ive heard of the new K25 being used in a major match was this past weekend in CO and my friend took 2nd overall shooting with this scope. Looks like it can track. Im not a Kahles fan but this looks like a another great option for us shooters...now if they could get the price under $3k to compete with NF and Minox...

DT

So far in the earliest update Ive heard of the new K25 being used in a major match was this past weekend in CO and my friend took 2nd overall shooting with this scope. Looks like it can track. Im not a Kahles fan but this looks like a another great option for us shooters...now if they could get the price under $3k to compete with NF and Minox...

DT

Where are you finding NF for under 3K? Respectively NF is right there with the K525i, if you want a tree reticle they're equal. Minox retail is also similar, though can be had with a phone call for a little cheaper but the same could be said for the Kahles.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Nightforce-ATACR-5-25x56-F1-ZS-1mrad-Illum-PTL-Mil-C-C579.aspx

Obviously splitting hairs here, but your link is showing the NF under $3k...meaning street price (phnone call away) is several hundred less than that, just like the Minox.

Maybe its a mental thing, and my point of the comment on price, is just seeing retail under $3k I think would incline someone that way. As it sits, I would take the Minox and NF both over the K25 all day for that $300 diff ($2999 vs $3299) and I would def take the Gen2 Rzr for $1k less. It blew my gen 2 k24 out of the water in every regard.

My pt is the market is very competitive and luckily we are the beneficiaries...

Respect,
DT

Obviously splitting hairs here, but your link is showing the NF under $3k...meaning street price (phnone call away) is several hundred less than that, just like the Minox.

Maybe its a mental thing, and my point of the comment on price, is just seeing retail under $3k I think would incline someone that way. As it sits, I would take the Minox and NF both over the K25 all day for that $300 diff ($2999 vs $3299) and I would def take the Gen2 Rzr for $1k less. It blew my gen 2 k24 out of the water in every regard.

Respect,
DT

Fair enough i just see $2999 as $3000 lol. For me the NF is still sitting at $3299 due to having to go horus for a tree. I understand your point though. FWIW the 525 can be had for under $3000, maybe not quite to the extent as the NF and Minox but it's closer than retail would suggest. Though the price my friend told me he got for a ZP5 made me consider cancelling my K525i lol. I also got my k318i well under retail, like %17ish off or in that area.

I haven't been behind the Gen2 624i but i honestly never could tell a difference between the 624i gen 3 and the Gen II Razor granted, it was never a thorough eval or anything but putting them side by side i couldn't tell. Though as you said splitting hairs is exactly what this is. I fell in love with the SKMR3 and the clicks as petty as that is. So it was simple for me. Though the glass is nothing to complain about.

Last edited:

Respect,
DT
We're still speculating at this point because I don't think the K525i has made it into anyone's hands yet who are able to compare to these other scopes. When Jeff Huber was with Kahles I had a long conversation with him about the K624i and their resolution tests showed the K624i to resolve higher than the Schmidt 5-25 which is impressive to say the least. Now Jeff is running ZCO but I would venture to say he had a lot of input on the K525i and K318i before he left Kahles, we are already hearing how amazing the K318i is and I would venture the K525i is even more so, but the jury is still out on that one. For those who desire a clean Christmas tree reticle the MR4, SKMR3 and EBR-7B have been the new standard, I am really liking the Sig DEV-L but their scopes push the weight barrier a bit so I have shied away and I've had no desire for the 3lb Gen II (realize these are my personal preferences). I do like the fact that the K525i is the shortest 5-25x56 on the market today; however, will that be enough to earn $300 more than the others? My guess is we'll see a lot of K624i owners upgrade which means that scope will most likely drop in price in the used market considerably, I wouldn't be surprised if by next year we start seeing K624i's selling in the buy and sell forums for under $2k consistently.

Received the call today that my preorder 525i with SKMR3 reticle and left side windage came in today. Tracking shows it should be here Friday. I am by no means an optics expert but can share my thoughts compared to the 624i that I am currently running.

Reactions: Stoweit
Received the call today that my preorder 525i with SKMR3 reticle and left side windage came in today. Tracking shows it should be here Friday. I am by no means an optics expert but can share my thoughts compared to the 624i that I am currently running.
Cstactical? Or eurooptic?

Not sure if it was asked before but I'm interested in an AMR reticle any ideas when/if those will be released in K525?

Mounted my 525 last weekend and had a chance to use it to sight in a new rifle. VERY impressed with the tracking and optical clarity along with the turrets. I own TT, NF,SB etc. and IMHO, this scope ranks right there with TT and SB. Very happy with my choice.

While at the med center I think you should allow me to watch your Kahles duo :D

Ha, might be worth sending your way for a review Bill. God knows i won’t have time to use them until December.

Mounted my 525 last weekend and had a chance to use it to sight in a new rifle. VERY impressed with the tracking and optical clarity along with the turrets. I own TT, NF,SB etc. and IMHO, this scope ranks right there with TT and SB. Very happy with my choice.

That is certainly reassuring.

Reactions: Jeffd
Do you know where you were in the pecking order for this? I was sitting 3rd and haven't been notified yet.