• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New kahles 525

Waiting for comparison between K525i and big Tangent Thta

Waiting for comparison between K525i and big Tangent Thta
If the K525i can keep up with the TT in optical quality (resolution, color, contrast, depth, CA, eyebox) I would be shocked but I think it's great that TT and Minox ZP5 have somewhat set the bar for what other optics should attain to. Premier really started it all when they formed the Optronika group to create their Premier Heritage line of scopes and the Gen II XR reticle which really shocked the industry - the fact that shooters would now make claims that say there is a scope that performs arguably better than S&B optically was unheard of; so kudo's to Chris Thomas and team who rocked the industry with something truly amazing! One could also argue that Kahles did something similar when they teamed up with Shannon Kay to create the SKMR series of reticles, so if Kahles was able to refine the optical formula in the K525i to something truly remarkable (the K624i was already pretty amazing but it did have its shortcomings) then I can see why this scope could shake things up a bit yet again; however, I think many are also waiting with baited breath to find out if the new ZCO ZC527 will possibly set the bar even higher. Either way I'm looking forward to the upcoming reviews/comments on the K525i...

PS - has anyone noticed that if you try and hit Optonika's old website - http://www.optronika.de/ it will redirect you to German Sports Optics (http://www.german-sports-optics.de/en)... However, GSO doesn't show any scopes they are building but saying "GSO German Sports Optics develops innovative product concepts for discerning clients...", and the scope they show in the picture is a Minox ZP5; however, I'd be curious if GSO is making scopes for anyone else similar to how LOW keeps putting out scopes for other manufacturers?

Reactions: CSTactical
If the K525i can keep up with the TT in optical quality (resolution, color, contrast, depth, CA, eyebox) I would be shocked but I think it's great that TT and Minox ZP5 have somewhat set the bar for what other optics should attain to. Premier really started it all when they formed the Optronika group to create their Premier Heritage line of scopes and the Gen II XR reticle which really shocked the industry - the fact that shooters would now make claims that say there is a scope that performs arguably better than S&B optically was unheard of; so kudo's to Chris Thomas and team who rocked the industry with something truly amazing! One could also argue that Kahles did something similar when they teamed up with Shannon Kay to create the SKMR series of reticles, so if Kahles was able to refine the optical formula in the K525i to something truly remarkable (the K624i was already pretty amazing but it did have its shortcomings) then I can see why this scope could shake things up a bit yet again; however, I think many are also waiting with baited breath to find out if the new ZCO ZC527 will possibly set the bar even higher. Either way I'm looking forward to the upcoming reviews/comments on the K525i...

PS - has anyone noticed that if you try and hit Optonika's old website - http://www.optronika.de/ it will redirect you to German Sports Optics (http://www.german-sports-optics.de/en)... However, GSO doesn't show any scopes they are building but saying "GSO German Sports Optics develops innovative product concepts for discerning clients...", and the scope they show in the picture is a Minox ZP5; however, I'd be curious if GSO is making scopes for anyone else similar to how LOW keeps putting out scopes for other manufacturers?
IMHO it is equal to SB and TT in all respects. A great scope at a lower price. I just installed the C&H spinner and throw lever and they are first class.

Well, I was planning on waiting for the new Steiner M7XI but its looking like it won't be released on time so I'll be planning on picking up a K525i this week.

Reactions: Jeffd
Well, I was planning on waiting for the new Steiner M7XI but its looking like it won't be released on time so I'll be planning on picking up a K525i this week.
Good choice!

My AI/AT has trigger just like it came from factory. I take it out of the case, hit a popcan on a post 500yds, cold bore, almost 100%. I subscribe to the if it ain't broke don't fix it philosophy, cause I've broke a bunch of fixed stuff over the years. Talk me into what I could gain with this $$ dump? I look at like lightweight mountain rifles, 10lbs off my butt a bigger help on the hunt than 1lb off my rifle.:D

I subscribe to the if it ain't broke don't fix it philosophy...

I agree kuj, I try and recommend to other shooters if they are happy with their current setup then why are you looking to change? We can all get caught up in the "latest and greatest" trend and begin to think our gear that has served us well for years isn't up to snuff anymore. What I try and tell folks is if you have found your gear to become a hindrance then maybe it's time to look for something new, but if you shoot just fine but think that new reticle or the new turrets or the... you name it is going to improve your ability to hit your target you might want to think again.

Now, having said all that I am the first to admit that I often get caught up in my pursuit of the "perfect" scope, I liken it to the fisherman who has to buy every lure made trying to find the perfect lure (which does not exist), there may be better lures for different situations but understanding what those situations are is better than having all the lures. I think our scopes are similar, putting a 1-4x on a 1000yd rig is probably not the best solution for you, nor will a SFP duplex reticle scope help you much if you intend to get heavy into PRS. Understanding your situation and the intended purpose FOR YOU, is key to finding the right scope, we can give advice all day long but at the end of the day you have to put a scope you purchase on your rifle and shoot it in your environment so whatever we tell you, take with a grain of salt.

Screenshot_20180727-080836_Facebook.jpg

GAP got few of these..call.them up

Man, I am heavily relying on you guys on whether I should go k318i or k525i. Any legit comparisons would be helpful to reduce buyers remorse on such a large purchase.

Damnit i changed mine to RSW to match my K318i.
It did come in :) and play around it a little side by side with my pm2 5-25 gen2xr.
First thing i normally do is aim both scope at that 2mile maybe 2.5 miles mountain.and see the detail on contrast, brightness,sharpness,FOV etc.
well the abvious is definitely shorter than pm2.turrets as expected from all kahles.very nice and positive...i wont go on detail from comparing..
One thing made me sad right away...no cap! No bikini!!
I dont use raincoat guard cover i hate it(not my preference)
I tried old 624i kahles bikini and it will only fit the objective abviously the k25 has larger ocular...ill get back for more need to mount this dam thing!
20180727_135734.jpg
20180727_140227.jpg
20180727_135328.jpg
20180727_140744.jpg
20180727_140750.jpg

It did come in :) and play around it a little side by side with my pm2 5-25 gen2xr.
First thing i normally do is aim both scope at that 2mile maybe 2.5 miles mountain.and see the detail on contrast, brightness,sharpness,FOV etc.
well the abvious is definitely shorter than pm2.turrets as expected from all kahles.very nice and positive...i wont go on detail from comparing..
I tried old 624i kahles bikini and it will only fit the objective abviously the k25 has larger ocular...ill get back for more need to mount this dam thing!
View attachment 6926467View attachment 6926468View attachment 6926469View attachment 6926470View attachment 6926471
Are you sure that there wasn't a cover in the box? Mine came with a very nice padded bikini cover in the box!

View attachment 6926467View attachment 6926468View attachment 6926469View attachment 6926470View attachment 6926471
It's a beaut Clark! (From Christmas Vacation)
Larger ocular = more forgiving eyebox? At least I tend to find that scopes with larger ocular's typically provide a better eyebox.

I am going to get a 525 for my MPA 6.5 creedmoor (still waiting for it) and am wondering what MPA mount will work on the comp chassis. Will the 1.060" height work or do I need to go with the 1.125"

Man I am pretty jealous. I got the call Wednesday that my pre-order was in. I just got a new truck an the k525 just isnt' in the cards right now. Probably pick one up later this year.

Crazy how much shorter the Kahles is beside that PM II... Can’t wait to hear some reviews from guys on here once they have some time behind it.

Reactions: Stoweit and bjay
I’ll do a full review this week when I’m offf from work. My initial impressions spending about 15 min back and forth between the TT 525 is that the kahles in regards to glass holds its own. I would say equal wth minox. At medium mag 15x it’s difficult to tell any difference between tangent theta and the kahles 525. At 25x though they do separate. Tangent wins... it’s that easy to tell in this little time. The k525 is slightly darker, microcontrast is not as good either compared to the tangent at max power. Turret feel handsdown still goes to tangent. I’m liking the kahles so far will spend more time with it before mounting it and give a better review. I’ll do a turret comparison video soon.

Quick video quality may not be the best quality sorry will get a better one this week. The first to second rev transition takes considerable force on the kahles k525i (not as bad as the minox though) the tangent is much more seamless.

Reactions: CSTactical
That's a bit disappointing though given the $1300 difference i probably shouldn't care. Equaling Minox is a good position to be in though, albeit pricier.

I’ll do a full review this week when I’m offf from work. My initial impressions spending about 15 min back and forth between the TT 525 is that the kahles in regards to glass holds its own. I would say equal wth minox. At medium mag 15x it’s difficult to tell any difference between tangent theta and the kahles 525. At 25x though they do separate. Tangent wins... it’s that easy to tell in this little time. The k525 is slightly darker, microcontrast is not as good either compared to the tangent at max power. Turret feel handsdown still goes to tangent. I’m liking the kahles so far will spend more time with it before mounting it and give a better review. I’ll do a turret comparison video soon.
Same observation here vs pm2..im trying to be bias towards k25 becoz im liking it being more compact..turrets on kahles is definitely my preferred over pm2 but like you said at max power the pm2 slightly better glass..(in my own eyes)
The difference is like when i conpared my pm2 vs. my TT 5-25 not much but you can see

Quick video quality may not be the best quality sorry will get a better one this week. The first to second rev transition takes considerable force on the kahles k525i (not as bad as the minox though) the tangent is much more seamless.

I wasn't aware the K525i had resistance between 1st and 2nd rev, do you know if you have an "early" ZP5, many have complained about the 1st to 2nd rev transition on the early models but the ones within the past couple of years have easier transitions. My copy does not take "considerable" force to transition but it does take more than light effort. The click comparison to TT was interesting, I don't obsess over the click sound more that it is distinct and accurate and easy to dial a particular number.

I wasn't aware the K525i had resistance between 1st and 2nd rev, do you know if you have an "early" ZP5, many have complained about the 1st to 2nd rev transition on the early models but the ones within the past couple of years have easier transitions. My copy does not take "considerable" force to transition but it does take more than light effort. The click comparison to TT was interesting, I don't obsess over the click sound more that it is distinct and accurate and easy to dial a particular number.
Probably I made more of an exaggerated comparison in haste. It’s nowhere near the minox I had. The zp5 I had was bought 4/2017 from cstact and was supposedly an updated version with an improvement. I had a 1st gen version bought from djarecke and it was very very hard to transition from 1st to 2nd rev. The kahles isn’t that hard to transition compared to either but it is compared to the gen2 razor and tangent.

Reactions: Glassaholic

How is it compared to Minox at 25x?

How is it compared to Minox at 25x?
W/o having the minox in front of me (I sold both of them months ago), I can't give that accurate of a comparison; but, if I had to go off memory, I feel in regards to color, clarity and brightness they are about the same; but, the FOV is better on the minox if I remember the numbers correctly. the FOV on the kahles is pretty small 4.5' @ 100 yds.
I will tell you that I had the same reaction to the kahles in regards to FOV @ 25x that I had with the leupold mk5 5-25 "huh that's kind of small". I hope to have a full review by midweek.

...the FOV is better on the minox if I remember the numbers correctly. the FOV on the kahles is pretty small 4.5' @ 100 yds.

Spec wise the Kahles K525i is listed as 4.4' @ 100y at 25x while the Minox/TT are 4.8' @ 100y at 25x

Reactions: kujuak