• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Leica 3200.com bino/LRF

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2009
Western WA
Interesting new Bino/LRF from Leica. Looks to be a bino version of the 2800.com.
Says it works with Kestrel and will display comeups on an Apple Watch.
Need to clarify the following:
Will we be able to bypass the Leica ballistic software and only use the Kestrel/AB?
If so I’d assume it’ll work with the Kestrel HUD
Work with a Garmin Fenix?

Wish they did 12x but I think I’ll. Still try them if we can use AB

2020 Leica Brochure

Last edited:
Reactions: straightandtrue
The answer to your question is yes. You can do it now with the 2800.com

You lase the target, it sends range and angle to the Kestrel which builds a range card based on the laser data.

Perfect thank you.
both of you have experience with the 2800.com? Good, bad , indifferent?

My 2200 HD-B’s are only about a year old, but man do those look tempting ?

I don’t care about the extended range, but BT to my kestrel is nicer than managing multiple profiles with multiple software.

I love it... but damn if I got a 2800.com not all that long ago and now they have the 3500...
?

Perfect thank you.
both of you have experience with the 2800.com? Good, bad , indifferent?

Mrtoyz,

I did a review on a pre-pro of the 2800 last year or so, been running a production model in the field since then. You can find the review HERE. Overall, up until today, I think it's the best CRF on the market. There are a few small things I would have changed, but overall, my only significant change request to Leica was around connection speed and stability, which they appear to have addressed in the new releases today. I don't have test models yet, but I am pretty excited to get some in hand and see the improvments. If you have any questions about how the .com RF's work, let me know, glad to help if I can.

Reactions: Aescobar17
Was hoping Vortex would have a Razor HD version of their Fury HD LRF binos and incorporate connectivity to Kestrel, but doesn't look like that is going to happen so these 3200.com's will be on my radar for sure. I love my 2800.com but wish it connected a little better and wish it came in a bino, obviously the 3200.com answers both those questions, nice job Leica!

Reactions: Wyzrd
I’ll be looking to upgrade from the 2800 to the 3500. Have any idea on pricing for just the LRF?

Did a quick Google search for a QD/ Arca Mount for Geovid (3200’s body looks to be the same as the older LRF models) Don’t see anything... bummer
Looks like RRS is making a “strap on” bino attachment. I’m all for RRS but sure would like a QD Arca compatible mount similar to the Outdoorsman for the Swaro’s.

Did a quick Google search for a QD/ Arca Mount for Geovid (3200’s body looks to be the same as the older LRF models) Don’t see anything... bummer
Looks like RRS is making a “strap on” bino attachment. I’m all for RRS but sure would like a QD Arca compatible mount similar to the Outdoorsman for the Swaro’s.
I agree, not a fan of the strap either, would love to see the new Leica have a stud option

I agree, not a fan of the strap either, would love to see the new Leica have a stud option
Leica has a strap on bino mount that has been around for a while and people use for other types of bino's

That is my only complaint about the Geovids, no stud option. The reason for this is, the front where the stud should go, is the LRF.

Just give us a call, 516-217-1000, and we will set you up and get one on the way to you in the next couple of weeks
Thanks Doug, talked to Neil. He squared me away. Sounds like I’m your first preorder, sweet.
Any chance you can confirm the glass in the new 3200’s is the same as the previous Geovid, or are they doing something different?
Also am curious to see if they have the ability to set a fixed wind value in the Leica app as apposed to being required to take the kestrel input. I know that’s probably a weird one... it’s something my Sig 2400AB does that I like. I do know the 2800.com didn’t allow for that.
Oh and put a bug in their ear to make the 3200 compatible with Garmin watches!!

Last edited:
Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Did not ask about a Garmin watch but can tomorrow.
Sweet! Thank you.
While you’re at it can you see if you are able to plug in a fixed wind value as apposed to taking the Kestrel wind value? It’s a feature I’ve gotten used to using on my 2400ab
You might even make a plug that Garmin has a technology called Laser Location. They use it in their bow site. Allows target location to be transmitted to a GPS. HUGE possibilities in the gun world. Here’s a link to their bow site:
Garmin GPS enabled Bow Site

53260310-BEA2-4167-954C-CB8E4C53AE74.jpeg

2E71874E-FE8E-48C4-80E2-FB254BEFC580.jpeg

Hrmm keep my Swaro SLCs and add a 3500.com or just buy a 3200.com.... choices...

Do wish they would connect to my Garmin. But I guess the kestrel + either of those would be enough.

Hrmm keep my Swaro SLCs and add a 3500.com or just buy a 3200.com.... choices...

Do wish they would connect to my Garmin. But I guess the kestrel + either of those would be enough.
You haven’t lived until you have Rangefinding binos with integrated DOPE :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But seriously, it’s pretty sweet.

I’m under the impression the Geovid glass is at least as good if not slightly better than SLC. That with standing, 1 device replacing 2 is a winner!

edit. Never mind ... time to start saving up. Now if only they could add zero offsets in the app and/or Garmin 701 support ...

Last edited:
So if I have a ballistic app on my iPhone will it communicate with the 3200.com and show the solution in the bino or is it only with a kestrel?

On the 2800.com version the built in solver is very basic and not something I use it would use for prs. It works well sending the dof, angle, and distance to the kestrel, and didn't the results.

I will be interested to see if they solved the control software and blue tooth challenges.
1. The result displayed in the leica is too quick, it should continue to scroll the last result IMO.
2. With Bluetooth enabled, the response time is a bit longer and if disconnected from the kestrel can be unresponsive.
3. If you need to go into "scan mode" because you are trying to range a tough target or through a loop it doesn't work out didn't go into scan mode. Might be user error, need to try some more.
4. Menus in the device are not intuitive

Not just any ballistic app on your phone will work. You either program the RF from your phone via Leica’s app for internal calculations in the Geovid for elevation corrections to 1000 yards (1200y EHR), or you link the unit to a Kestrel with Applied Ballistics for wind and elevation corrections to any distance the Geovid can range.

Doing my typical over analyzation on everything. Is the 3200 geovid rangefinder the same as the 2800.Com but packaged into the binos. That is what I gathered from reading the specs?

Kinda yes, kinda no. In terms of ballistic software and connectivity, yes. In terms of ranging hardware, I don't think so. Though I could be wrong, I think the hardware is going to be different, if for not other reason than the size of the receptor etc.
In terms of use, though, I think that is what you will find, yes...it's a 2800 in a bino with a more reach, and better ranging on non-reflective targets. That's what I have been made to understand.