• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Leica 3200.com bino/LRF

Thanks for the info Doug. Is the 3200 the same basic software/bluetooth as the 3500(hardware differences of course) that other folks have been having connection issues with? Was debating either a 3200 or 3500 but on the fence given the 3500 reviews.

I don't think so, others have said it has the same control FW,(menus, settings, etc) someone did say they improved the DSP sw(algorithms on eliminating noise in the returned signal to differentiate true targets from reelections, and other artifacts) to improve the ranging.

The part that is confusing me is the beam divergence is the same as the 2800. Which if I am reading it right is tighter than the 3500? But the 3500 has a more powerful laser?

The part that is confusing me is the beam divergence is the same as the 2800. Which if I am reading it right is tighter than the 3500? But the 3500 has a more powerful laser?
That's not unusual, it is harder to have more power and a tight beam, and be cost effective. They make up for it in the dsp algorithms. It will range father but not as good through some loops.

I was interested in binocular RF's, so I see they're the 2700's (correct?).

The 3200 will give you 500 extra on reflected and probably 200 years more on game
But are they equal in ranging speed and beam size/divergence?

Which begs the question...is the firmware on the 3200 updatable? If the 3200 has the same issues as the 3500, what is the expectation that things will be fixed in the future? And the theory of never buying into 1.0 of anything!

They all are firmware updatable, Leuca has shown little interest in updating FW.

I took my 3200s out today to range some stuff along with a Terrapin X. With buildings and rocks out to 3000 yards, they both did a decent job (reliability past 1000 yards is not perfect with either device, of course, but it seemed like if the target had good reflectivity then you’d get a good range, otherwise no reading). It seemed like the Leica was faster and more reliable. I had to be much more careful about stabilizing the Terrapin X, and it takes much longer for it to be ready to range a new target.

As far as Bluetooth connection, I had the 3200.com connected to my Kestrel 5700 the whole time and it would display a firing solution on both the binos and the kestrel after a few seconds. It wasn’t any kind of Bluetooth stress test though.

Overall, great performance by the Leica binoculars. I think the rangefinder performance is very close to the Sig 3000BDX, but the optical quality is so much better on the Leica that it is like night and day. There is still a pretty big gap between any of these devices and one of the PLRFs, but I don’t really see the Terrapin X justifying its price.

I took my 3200s out today to range some stuff along with a Terrapin X. With buildings and rocks out to 3000 yards, they both did a decent job (reliability past 1000 yards is not perfect with either device, of course, but it seemed like if the target had good reflectivity then you’d get a good range, otherwise no reading). It seemed like the Leica was faster and more reliable. I had to be much more careful about stabilizing the Terrapin X, and it takes much longer for it to be ready to range a new target.

As far as Bluetooth connection, I had the 3200.com connected to my Kestrel 5700 the whole time and it would display a firing solution on both the binos and the kestrel after a few seconds. It wasn’t any kind of Bluetooth stress test though.

Overall, great performance by the Leica binoculars. I think the rangefinder performance is very close to the Sig 3000BDX, but the optical quality is so much better on the Leica that it is like night and day. There is still a pretty big gap between any of these devices and one of the PLRFs, but I don’t really see the Terrapin X justifying its price.

There have been some reports of broken connections due to movement of the 3200s and distance from the Kestrel. Sounds like you had no broken connections, about how far was the 3200 from the Kestrel?

There have been some reports of broken connections due to movement of the 3200s and distance from the Kestrel. Sounds like you had no broken connections, about how far was the 3200 from the Kestrel?
Both were on me the whole time.

I had issues with my 1st unit not ranging. Contacted Leica and they replaced the unit. Good experience with CS and one specific guy I dealt with.
Haven’t test Bluetooth yet by the ranging looks to be working well. Ranged construction site at 3209y. Lol
Glass is on par with anything I’ve ever seen. Impressive.
Narrowing down my search for a good chest pack for them.

Reactions: Wyzrd
Is the dot smaller than the EL-O? Only complaint with my Swaro's.

Is the dot smaller than the EL-O? Only complaint with my Swaro's.
Do you mean for the rangefinder? It’s not a dot, it’s a circle, and it’s pretty large. I think they do that because there is no zeroing process. It’s one of my biggest complaints. It is difficult or impossible to range a very small target like what they have at rimfire matches.

Do you mean for the rangefinder? It’s not a dot, it’s a circle, and it’s pretty large. I think they do that because there is no zeroing process. It’s one of my biggest complaints. It is difficult or impossible to range a very small target like what they have at rimfire matches.
Yes I find the circle in my EL-O's to be to big. I was just curious if it was smaller on the 3200.com? I had a Leica 2400-R and remember it having a smaller circle and seemed to range quicker.

Geovid 3200.com Kestrel Link Connectivity Problems & Issues RESOLVED, for now.

Here’s a short video I put together after struggling with connectivity for a few days. I thought I would make this video for you guys.

It would be great to get your feedback if this helps out. Here are my notes; feel free to jump to STEP 5 since that’s what fixed everything for me.

Troubleshooting erroneous firing solutions in the Geovid 3200.coms & connectivity problems with Kestrel Link.

1) Do a Kestrel device soft reset (remove the battery and hold power for 30 seconds)
2) Restore kestrel to "default settings" (save rifle profiles to phone ap first)
3) Remove zero offsets (Kestrel tech support says this can cause malfunctions in communicating)
4) After connecting the Geovid 3200.com to the kestrel, select and "lock" the Bluetooth connection from the Bluetooth submenu.
5) Set “Device Refresh Rate” on the kestrel device to 2 seconds from the original kestrel weather ap, (not kestrel ballistic ap).
You’ll need to set the Bluetooth on kestrel to pc/Mobil first. The original kestrel weather AP is a white icon with a blue bird. This AP, when connected to the kestrel, will allow you to change the device refresh rate making for a more solid connection. The default setting is 5 seconds, which is not fast enough for the Leica 3200.coms. See Kestrel weather ap screen shots below.

I did notice on low battery, the red Bluetooth indicator will blink SLOWER AND CONTINOUSLY and it won’t stay SOLID . Change the battery and Bluetooth goes back to RAPID BLINKING and it will STAY SOLID and it works properly. Even if battery is weak, it still works properly, the biggest problem with a weak battery is that it will continuously search and kill itself faster

That’s me in the pic with my Leica’s shooting off a rooftop at GTI this year, what great fun.

Attachments

• 0A64EF35-0A2C-46BA-88AF-78A39CE4B952.png
    0A64EF35-0A2C-46BA-88AF-78A39CE4B952.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Reactions: MarinePMI