• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New look at Bushnell Elite LRHS2

Preorder is live:

Thank you. Interesting the page mentions the G2H reticle, rumor was it was going to be a new G3H reticle so not sure if that is a typo from GAP? They also don't list much specs, but this looks to be using the same optical formula as the LRHS/LRTS so I'm guessing it will have the same FOV as the aforementioned scopes. Locked windage vs. capped, a little longer and a little heavier than the LRHSi, oddly enough eye relief for the LRHS2 is listed as shorter than the LRHSi? Here's a quick comparison chart between the two (this assumes FOV specs remain the same):

1620062092234.png

Reactions: lash
I have an LRTS and absolutely love it.

Put in a pre-order for this one. Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to some reviews on this scope when shooters start working with it.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Also waiting on the GAP V2.0 3-12 but i am looking forward to some hands on reviews of the 4.5x18.

Also waiting on the GAP V2.0 3-12 but i am looking forward to some hands on reviews of the 4.5x18.
I’m afraid we may be left waiting forever. All indications are the v1.0 4-18 was a far better seller, even though my opinion is the 3-12 was a better scope (at least for hunting applications).

Did they shut down the preorder? The link doesn't work anymore. It gives me an error code when I try to access their store also.

Did they shut down the preorder? The link doesn't work anymore. It gives me an error code when I try to access their store also.
Not sure if they closed it but it does look like their whole shopping / services section is hosed.

It seems to me that bushnell tends to release all sorts of elite lines of scopes and then discontinues them shortly after. My question is: how do they handle the warranty once an optic goes down and can't be replaced?

It seems to me that bushnell tends to release all sorts of elite lines of scopes and then discontinues them shortly after. My question is: how do they handle the warranty once an optic goes down and can't be replaced?
Name the scopes you are talking about?
I haven't heard to many unhappy people.
As for fixing a discontinued scope, I'd be like anyone else, they would update you to the new line.

As for fixing a discontinued scope, I'd be like anyone else, they would update you to the new line.
what happens when say a 3-12x has a problem?
If the sku is discontinued...no replacements.

All of the LPVO's as well

Is there any word on when they will be releasing the rest of the Elite tactical line?

Then they’ll fix it or replace it with something else obviously.
What third mystery option are you hoping exists but it kept secret from

Then they’ll fix it or replace it with something else obviously.
What third mystery option are you hoping exists but it kept secret from the world?
Replace it with what if they dont have any more japanese made LPVOs or 3-12s?

You might call Bushnell and ask, they'd know better then guys guessing on here. It's not unusual for a company to keep a number of discontinued models on hand and set aside for warranty issues - but that's another guess from a nobody on the internet.

I've owned several of the older 4.5-18x44 LRHS models - only reason I don't still have 'several' is because I always kept one on the 'several' custom M700 hunting rifles I've built for myself, and always seemed to wind up selling to customers who wanted to buy them AND the LRHS that I'd mounted on each of these rifles. All had Krieger 22"-24" sendero contour bbls in 6XC, and though the first few were in Manners T3 stocks, the latest one is in a EH1A. Not very light - the current one in the EH1A weighs 11lbs - but they're easier to carry & handier than any of my comp rifles - and I love the LRHS. Only time I bitch about lack of illumination is when a scope's reticle has a tiny floating dot that's too small to see unless you've got it cranked up to near max magnification. Screw a bunch of floating dot reticles - I can do without 'em.

I also wish they would do an illuminated model. Although only the donut and a floating dot illuminated instead of the whole reticle.

Some of us mostly hunt at night, Pigs and Coyotes. Black reticle, at night, on a black pig is almost a no go. Even if you can clearly identify it, the reticle blends into the target.

Illuminating the dot and donut would give you easy references at night out to 400y (2Mil). Close targets dot on target, 300y between dot and bottom of donut, 400y bottom of donut. That’s about as far as is needed for night hunting. Plus be pretty good for fast shooting on low power.

I like the reticle though, might give it a try on an AR10 anyway and just see how it goes for this price point. As a note, I called GAP and they said they didn’t think there was demand for illumination, as it would cost $400 more to add it.

I know these are pretty new but does anyone have opinions on the eyebox and fov. The information on gap is pretty limited. I'm getting that this is just the gen one with better glass an an uncapped windage. Can I just look at info for the gen1 for fov, reticle at different powers etc?

Also are these going to be for sale for awhile or is this an if you want one get it now sort of thing?

I know these are pretty new but does anyone have opinions on the eyebox and fov. The information on gap is pretty limited. I'm getting that this is just the gen one with better glass an an uncapped windage. Can I just look at info for the gen1 for fov, reticle at different powers etc?

Also are these going to be for sale for awhile or is this an if you want one get it now sort of thing?
I think those are all questions with no answers. Nobody knows. Heck we might not even see this thing until next year. It’s been a wild year for anyone bringing out new stuff. Here’s to 22 being better.

I think those are all questions with no answers. Nobody knows. Heck we might not even see this thing until next year. It’s been a wild year for anyone bringing out new stuff. Here’s to 22 being better.
When I called they said they were shipping out the first batch of pre-orders now. Another 70 scopes just arrived in the US for the 2nd batch. People should start getting them in hand shortly from what they said. But definitely, this last year has been unpredictable, I still have a rifle on order almost a year later. People just have to learn to be patient again.

I must have gotten things mixed up. I thought people had started to receive production units already. I got a pst2 3-15 to try out ffp with exposed turrets. I like it enough to throw more time and money at it but had planned to run the Viper for awhile. I'll probably never be enough of a marksman to warrant a high dollar scope but the bushy seems like a considerable upgrade for not a lot of money if I sell the Viper. Any chance they'll do a tan version that will match my SMRS2 and my purse......

I must have gotten things mixed up. I thought people had started to receive production units already. I got a pst2 3-15 to try out ffp with exposed turrets. I like it enough to throw more time and money at it but had planned to run the Viper for awhile. I'll probably never be enough of a marksman to warrant a high dollar scope but the bushy seems like a considerable upgrade for not a lot of money if I sell the Viper. Any chance they'll do a tan version that will match my SMRS2 and my purse......
No you’re right, the first people that pre-ordered have started receiving them already. So some people have them.

As said, the first batch has shipped. Mine is due probably today or tomorrow in my hands.

As to the tan version, the only way that is happening is if you buy tan Krylon or air dry cerakote.

I got mine today. It's very nice. I have an LRTS already mounted to a rifle that has been great so far.

Eye box appears similar to my LRTS.

Glass is very good from the limited indoor viewing I did.

The magnification adjustment is not as tight as the LRTS, it's easier to adjust, I'm not sure if I like that or not.

Windage and Elevation turrets feel the same as the LRTS, same locking windage. Good positive clicks.

I got it late today, so won't have time to mount it to a rifle, and I'm going to the range tomorrow early.

I have the LRTS on a 223 that I'm shooting tomorrow, and will bring the LRHS2 to compare in full light.

My overall impression is that it's exactly what I thought, my LRTS with better glass and the G2H reticle, which I really like.

I'll share more tomorrow after comparing in full light.

Nikon147 I will be looking forward to your input on the scope.

Nikon147 I will be looking forward to your input on the scope.

Just got back from the range.

Didn't have the LRHS2 mounted, but did compare directly to my LRTS.

LRTS and LRHS2 are effectively identical. The Magnification adjustment is a tad easier to move, but after comparing directly not as different as I originally thought. Knobs have the same feel.

I really like the G2H reticle compared to the G3.

The only significant (and it is significant) difference is the noticeably better glass on the LRHS2.

The LRTS is good, and I've never had a complaint with it. But there was much better edge to edge clarity on the LRHS2.

You can tell it's on par with the XRS2 with the same ED Prime Glass.

The Eyebox on the LRHS2 seemed to be slightly larger, but then again the LRHS2 wasn't mounted so I didn't really have a great way to compare directly, if it is larger, it's not enough to make a huge difference.

I'm still building the rifle that will hold the LRHS2, so it will be some time until I can test it fully, but first impressions are that this is a phenomenal piece of glass for the money.

Now I just have to wait until the XRS3 comes out.

Reactions: lash and Moose
For those of us not familiar with the 1st gen is the eyebox pretty good? Fov is listed as good on the gen1. I'm assuming it is as well on 2nd gen?

For those of us not familiar with the 1st gen is the eyebox pretty good? Fov is listed as good on the gen1. I'm assuming it is as well on 2nd gen?
Per earlier discussions in this thread, the FOV is no different. Glass is much better, plus other improvements. Mine just came in today. I don’t do out of box comparisons, but look to compare the Gen 1 and Gen 2 on the same rifle on Tuesday. Maybe will post results on Wednesday.

Any updates now that it's been out for awhile?
I have one and feel it’s a great scope at the price point. Tracking true so far. Good glass. Only con for me is no sunshade. But everything else is solid.

Some might think the reticle is a little thick. I personally like it because it’s visible at low lower but I’m sure some would rather it be thinner.

How are these performing at distance? Mostly interested past 500y . I'm sure their fine inside of that .

Guessing that was a typo and you still want a new 3-12?

I'm guessing the 4x erectors is part of what made both the old LRHSs so bombproof ...
Yes yes typo. Good catch.

3-12. Such a perfect do it all scope that first gen 3-12 LRHS.

From the size, the weight, the reticle. Did it all so well with little compromise.

From the size, the weight, the reticle. Did it all so well with little compromise.
Agreed.

Always amazes me that companies can hit on something so good and then let it go.

Found myself joining the club of people who bought an extra one secondhand, just in case they don't ever make them again ...

for me, the 3-12 had a lot going for it. i killed a lot of things with one.

but the reticle i wasn't a fan of ultimately, it has a pretty narrow FOV, and it's about a 1/4lb too heavy.

Agreed.

Always amazes me that companies can hit on something so good and then let it go.

Found myself joining the club of people who bought an extra one secondhand, just in case they don't ever make them again ...
Well, I agree with you both, but here’s the thing. In the original LRHS2 intro thread, a Bushnell rep came on during the discussion of the 3-12 to say that it was sales that drove the choice to only offer the 4-18. Despite everyone that comes on here and says that the 3-12 was perfect, sales of that power were lackluster. And face it, sales quantity/volume is what drives manufacturing choices (for the most part).

For that matter, Bushnell would not have even run the 4-18 LRHS2 if it weren’t for George Gardner pushing for a special run of these. You’ll notice, or should anyway, that Georgia Precision was the sole distributor of these. There was a reason for that.

Well, I agree with you both, but here’s the thing. In the original LRHS2 intro thread, a Bushnell rep came on during the discussion of the 3-12 to say that it was sales that drove the choice to only offer the 4-18. Despite everyone that comes on here and says that the 3-12 was perfect, sales of that power were lackluster. And face it, sales quantity/volume is what drives manufacturing choices (for the most part).

For that matter, Bushnell would not have even run the 4-18 LRHS2 if it weren’t for George Gardner pushing for a special run of these. You’ll notice, or should anyway, that Georgia Precision was the sole distributor of these. There was a reason for that.

Been a while since I have seen anyone do that.....

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: lash and 5RWill

Agree, that I appreciate George bringing the LRHS back to market with v2.0. One option is better than no options.

And maybe my view is skewed bc I hang out here and other places where optics nuts gather….but the 3-12 garnered lots of love. It seemed to be bought up quickly when first announced, garnered a used price premium in the classifieds, etc. Maybe those aren’t metrics used by manufacturers to determine product lines, and I get that.

Imo, the hunting/shooting optics world is headed back to a love of a bit lower power after being hungry for more Xs. My assessment there is driven by no data, only my observations, and those are worth the zero cents paid for them lol.