• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New M&P9 CC "shield"

Re: New M&P9 CC "shield"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">250 rounds since out of the box without any issue. But, I did expect that kind of performance. I already had a Desantis Mini Slide and the Shield fits it perfectly.
</div></div>

What was your mini slide for? Are they out for the shield?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">250 rounds since out of the box without any issue. But, I did expect that kind of performance. I already had a Desantis Mini Slide and the Shield fits it perfectly.
</div></div>

What was your mini slide for? Are they out for the shield? </div></div>

It was for a M&P9c. There are already products out for the Shield. I heard that several companies were allowed access to it so they could have holsters and lasers ready for intro. I am pretty sure Galco was one of them too.

Interested to see when the 40 S&W shield hits. Any news on it?

I've got 100 rounds through mine. I traded off my glock 27 for it and don't regret it for a second. I bought my 27 because I could use my duty mags in it if I needed to. The problem was that I didn't carry it on duty because of how thick it was. It either rubbed on my arm or printed really bad while it was attached to my body armor (I despise ankle carry for on duty just personal preference). The trigger is awesome with a short reset and similar to the PPQ trigger. Sight radius is outstanding and runs almost to the back of the slide. Ive worn it iwb a few times and you can tell a difference in comfort as compared to 27. I love my glock 27 but I love the shield just a little more.

As far as pocket carry goes id look elsewhere (it can be done just not preferred).

to current owners: How is the frame to slide tolerance? Is there side to side play on a closed slide?

My full size M&P9 has what I would consider, excessive play side to side. Enough that a first shot out of a holster will be off by inches L/R at 25 yards from POA. enough to make me choose a different CCW, now G19 with minimal slide play.

Tight S/F fit on mine. Accuracy is very good. Now up to 350 rounds without issue. Other people that have shot it all comment that it shoots like a big gun, meaning recoil is surprising soft for a nine in that size package.

I wish it was closer in dimensions to my PF9!

I'm a M&P pistol fan, but I need a 'mini' pistol for pocket carry, or in shorts with a remora holster. this won't fit that bill...

still can't find anything to replace my PF9. I love my PF9 except that god awful trigger (and the horrible finish, but it got gun-koted)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interested to see when the 40 S&W shield hits. Any news on it?</div></div>

It is supposed to be out any time. I know our shop has one on order but it hasn't come in yet. Our best guess right now is any time in the coming weeks.

how's the recoil? thinking one for my girl. the PF9 was too much for her to handle (recoil) she loves her P238, but she doesn't mind carrying a 9mm.

she purse carries (I know, she shouldn't, but that's her preference) so it still needs to be somewhat small because she doesn't have big purses. the P238 is plenty big.

If the recoil is something like the P238, I think she can do it.

she loves me M&P pistols and was excited when I showed her this pistol that she can get one in a 'girl' size
laugh.gif
(sorry guys :p)

I want one too, but it would replace my PF9, and that's as big as I'm willing to go for weight and size for pocket carry... so it doesn't have a place for me. but it does for her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how's the recoil? thinking one for my girl. the PF9 was too much for her to handle (recoil) she loves her P238, but she doesn't mind carrying a 9mm.</div></div>

My girl weighs 103, so she's a lightweight, the recoil is non-existent. She loves the pistol, easy for her to use, accurate, I really can't find anything negative to say.

I have had mine for two weeks. And, I'm actually pocket carrying it. That is why I bought it. I normally carry a Beretta 92IWB. But, I have had some abdomen pain issues (unrelated), and have not been able to carry IWB since the beginning of Jan.

I never really liked the Kahr PM9 I have had for years. I was going to buy the bigger Kahr P9 for pocket carry (in cargo pants). But, the recoil felt almost like the PM9. I tried renting the Shield as an after thought - I was hooked and got one 2 days later (luckily - they are hard to find).

I even sold my Kahr PM9 last Sunday. The size difference is not as great as some would say. Admittedly, it wouldn't fit in a jeans pocket, but I don't think a Kahr Pm9 would do to well there either (and be able to get out fast).

In cargo pants in a pocket holster - this gun is nice.

Here are some pics. In one of them, the PM9 Kahr is laid over the Shield. There is not much size difference...

ugliedup.jpg

shield1.jpg

kahrshield1.jpg

kahrshield2.jpg