• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing NEW MANNERS T5A STOCK WITH MINI CHASSIS QUESTION

scottsnipe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2008
Peoria, Arizona
I just recieved my stock in the mail last week and just tried to drop my action in but magazine will not lock into place, looks like the mag seats in too deep because it also gets binded with the bolt, should this be just a drop in or is there something I need to do to make this work? I also tried other barreled actions to make sure it wasn't my action.

Re: NEW MANNERS T5A STOCK WITH MINI CHASSIS QUESTION

What mags were you using? I've noticed on mine that I can slam AI mags in easy but Type IIs take a little persuasion. If they won't seat at all then I'd give em a call.

Is this a long action or short action?

If it is a long action then the mags will seat higher and the bolt will not close if the mag is in unless you push the spring down.

A short action should close just fine with a mag inserted.

And yes this is a drop in. I have had three mini chassis and they are great.

Are you using a remington or clone action? If it is a remington the back of the mag well might be hitting the mags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scottsnipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just recieved my stock in the mail last week and just tried to drop my action in but magazine will not lock into place, looks like the mag seats in too deep because it also gets binded with the bolt, should this be just a drop in or is there something I need to do to make this work? I also tried other barreled actions to make sure it wasn't my action. </div></div>Hi Socttsnipe, Send me a PM with your build number and we will see whats up. It should be a drop in and go. If it is not hitting anything, it sounds like it might have the wrong mag catch, if so I can send you the correct one asap. What ever it is we will get you fixed up. Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scottsnipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just recieved my stock in the mail last week and just tried to drop my action in but magazine will not lock into place, looks like the mag seats in too deep because it also gets binded with the bolt, should this be just a drop in or is there something I need to do to make this work? I also tried other barreled actions to make sure it wasn't my action. </div></div>Hi Socttsnipe, Send me a PM with your build number and we will see whats up. It should be a drop in and go. If it is not hitting anything, it sounds like it might have the wrong mag catch, if so I can send you the correct one asap. What ever it is we will get you fixed up. Thank you</div></div>

And this is why Manners rocks!