• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member: Bob from SW Idaho

Akbob5

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2014
Hi folks,

As with many, I’ve perused the site or stopped by when looking for solid information, but thought it time to “make it official.” 26 years US Air Force (12 in AK) and a decade or so of other work on top of that. I came kicking and screaming to Idaho and thankfullly, I’m still here.

Just your average guy with a few other hobbies and more of a hunter than shooter although, time willing, I plan to change that to whatever degree I can.

Thanks for the add.

Bob

Hi SW,

On the other end of the valley in Mtn. Home. Retired there. Never left.

Bob

I worked with a guy at Xtra Airways who retired from there in 2014? Smartest enlisted thing I've ever seen. Instead of bucking for rank and doing all the deployments, he stayed right there in Mtn. Home and finished up his degree. Only retired as an E-6 I believe. Smart dude though. figured out the difference in rank wasn't so much as the college as a total freebee. Now using his VA to get a Masters at Boise State, I heard.

Thank you Max!

SW, lots of ways of going about it. I was enlisted, but did my degrees while active duty. That said, I respect a man for doing things his way, whatever that is. Oh, and I know a lot of really smart people without degrees. Glad it worked for him.

Thank you Max!

SW, lots of ways of going about it. I was enlisted, but did my degrees while active duty. That said, I respect a man for doing things his way, whatever that is. Oh, and I know a lot of really smart people without degrees. Glad it worked for him.
Yeah, he shuffled right in to a management position. Other issues intervene in life though, the airline filed Chapt. 11 and got bought out by a company who moved the whole hq down to Coral Gables FL. Not my cup of tea in the least. Fortunately, I was a contractor and it was a clean break. I also got my "classic" Gen Fam out of the deal.