• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member here, hello

Morrow96

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2020
Hey everyone. Happy to be able to learn from you all.

I have huge interests ranging from the Roman Gladius' to Rev War Flintlocks to WW2 to modern.

Most of my projects in the near future will be ww2 snipers. The only thing I have rn is a Tula '44 PU. Of course ones like k98's and M1941's will have to be repros. Half the fun of those is learning and figuring out what to do. I have a Smith contact for my k98, does anyone have any names for No4 MK1 (T) builds and M1941 x8 Unertl builds that does smithing work?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8908.jpg
    IMG_8908.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: acudaowner
Hey everyone. Happy to be able to learn from you all.

I have huge interests ranging from the Roman Gladius' to Rev War Flintlocks to WW2 to modern.

Most of my projects in the near future will be ww2 snipers. The only thing I have rn is a Tula '44 PU. Of course ones like k98's and M1941's will have to be repros. Half the fun of those is learning and figuring out what to do. I have a Smith contact for my k98, does anyone have any names for No4 MK1 (T) builds and M1941 x8 Unertl builds that does smithing work?

Thanks!
For the '03, check out the CMP forum. A dude over there by the name Chuck in Denver should be able to get ya squared away. @pmclaine

I wanna say theres a dude in Britain making repro scopes for the No4 Mk1 T, but I cant recall the name.? @Random Guy may know?

Reactions: Morrow96
does anyone have any names for No4 MK1 (T) builds

I don't have any names, but I will offer this: Before you attempt a British No. 4 (T) sniper repo, I recommend you get this $20 book off amazon.com and read the chapter on making a reproduction. My guess is the author might know of a US-based gunsmith given that he has a real and repo No 4.

What you will learn in that book is that getting the scope mounting pads correctly mounted and truly parallel to the bore is not easy - and I would only use a gunsmith who has done this before on Enfields. I also learned that the quality of the reproduction No 32 scopes is not the same as the original scopes. I don't have a Enfield No 4 (T), but it appears to be difficult to do correctly...so I recommend spending this $20 first before you start down that road....

Reactions: Morrow96