• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member: Rem 700 AAC-SD

jason bourne

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2010
South Florida
Hello all, longtime/first time hailing from South Florida. Not sure if this is the correct section, but while searching its the best fit I found. I am a private investigator and avid shooter. I am currently entering the world of F-T/R and was able to shoot a match at Port Malabar's 600yard line with decent results. My local range limits most of my shooting to 100 yards. Any and all input/suggestions is welcome.

Rifle:
Rem 700 AAC-SD - 20" - 1:10 ROT (factory barrel)
B&C Medalist Stock. (fitted and bedded)
Wyatts DBM.
Jewell trigger. - (1 lb)
Krg Bolt lift.
Harris Bipod. (6-9")
Custom Muzzle brake.
Leupold mark 4 base and steel rings.
Konus M30 - 8.5-32x52mm scope.

Load:
Bullet: 175gr SMK
Powder: RL-15 - (44.3gr)
Brass: Win (2.000)
Primer: WLR
Length: 2.310 OGIVE
Avg M/V: 2500

groups.jpg

730bf265.jpg

groups-1.jpg

bestgroup3.jpg

group1.jpg

targets.jpg

Re: New Member: Rem 700 AAC-SD

welcome, looks like you don't need suggestions just a longer local range, impressive groups and obviously a good load workup. Congrats.

Thanks Shootdoc! I have access to a 200-300 range once every month or so (two hour drive north of me) and then a 200 & 600 yard range about 4 hours north of me.

The only good thing to south florida is the relatively consistent weather lol.

Very nice shooting! Welcome to the Hide. You might try searching S. FL gun clubs, rather than ranges. I've found a few ranges this way that I didn't find when specifically searching for ranges in a given area. Here is a link I found that may have something a little longer that is near you:

http://www.traderscreek.com/gun_clubs/florida.asp

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan Brownshoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle! How do you like the wyatts DBM? </div></div>

Thanks Ryan, the Wyatts mags hold up pretty well with the exception of them being a little short (my comp loads wont fit in). The bottom metal is well built, the finish is standard (not the best, not the worst), as for fit, it did require a small shim on the rear action screw to feed without problem. all in all for the price it does its job.

very nice stick you have there...Have almost the same set up
with the B&C a5.. Still researching dbm systems.. Only mod so far
is the bolt knob from PCR..
Thinking of a Timney at 1.5 or 2 pounds next..
IMG_0200.jpg

Mqxl, great minds think alike lol. The a5 is a very comfortable stock and heavy enough to keep the stick weighed down. I have to say, I'm jealous of your can. I want one but it's not going to happen any time soon. If your rifle is for target use only go for the 1lb or 1.5lb. (I don't think your going to run around with the a5, I know I don't lol). I have my Jewell at 1lb and I love it!

nope, not going to lump it around in the bush.. I would
have to hire a " Undocumented Democrat Voter " for that..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MQXL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nope, not going to lump it around in the bush.. I would
have to hire a " Undocumented Democrat Voter " for that..
</div></div>

Lmao, there is a certain lumbar yard that keeps tilting the polls during election time lol

I just picked up the same rifle yesterday. Unfortunately thats all i had the $$ for was the rifle. its still got houge stock on in. I was trying to find a BDM and go from there. any suggestions.

Thats an awesome group for a stock action! I'm jealous I wish I could get my AAC-sd to shoot that well'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topdog134</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up the same rifle yesterday. Unfortunately thats all i had the $$ for was the rifle. its still got houge stock on in. I was trying to find a BDM and go from there. any suggestions. </div></div>

The Wyatt's dbm is relatively inexpensive and it does the job. You might want to check them out. I ordered mine from stockystocks.com.

If you reload, let me know I have alot of data with alot of different loads I'd be more than happy to share!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razerok1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats an awesome group for a stock action! I'm jealous I wish I could get my AAC-sd to shoot that well' </div></div>

Thanks! If you have questions or need help with load development let me know!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jason bourne</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topdog134</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up the same rifle yesterday. Unfortunately thats all i had the $$ for was the rifle. its still got houge stock on in. I was trying to find a BDM and go from there. any suggestions. </div></div>

The Wyatt's dbm is relatively inexpensive and it does the job. You might want to check them out. I ordered mine from stockystocks.com.

If you reload, let me know I have alot of data with alot of different loads I'd be more than happy to share!</div></div>

Thanks for the info. I dont reload at this point so i guess im just stuck with whatever i can find at ACE or Walmart (only local stores with ammo)

There are TONS of mail-order outfits selling ammo and you really are doing yourself a disservice by limiting the places you buy ammo at to those two...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jvencius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are TONS of mail-order outfits selling ammo and you really are doing yourself a disservice by limiting the places you buy ammo at to those two... </div></div>

oh believe you me i realize that it not the place to go and there will be mail orders for better ammo. but if you want some ammo quick sometimes I have to what what i can (at least until i get my stockpile built up). I should get to take her put tomorrow so Ill try to get pic even though she ain't the prettiest yet, but at least she is faithful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jason bourne</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razerok1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats an awesome group for a stock action! I'm jealous I wish I could get my AAC-sd to shoot that well' </div></div>

Thanks! If you have questions or need help with load development let me know! </div></div>
will do, and thank you...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jason bourne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Top dog, check out midwayusa.com, they usually have the FGMM on sale for around 20.00 a box.</div></div>

thanks. that happens to be the exact dollar amount i managed to convince my wife to let me spend every payday on ammo before any other bills haha

Lol, I can relate. If you hold off and save your allowance once in a while they have free shipping on items over 150.00 so you buy a few boxes you won't get killed by shipping.
If you sign up on their site, the email you recent offers and special.

Got to Love the AAC-SDs
Here is 3@ 100 on New years at about 40f degrees..
This load was made up around 6 years ago for a m1a by my friend Rory
who happened to be there..

IMG_0277.jpg

Topdog, Do upgrades as funds allow..I did the stock first than bolt knob in a group but from PCR..
Looking into DBMs and inletting now..
Timney 510 after.

Where in South Florida are you located, man?

Hialeah here.

I am looking to pick up a Wyatt M5 BDM for my Rem 700 AAC gun. Right now my bullet length is 3.340 and does not feed, have to load one at a time. Will my bullets feed in this magazine? I am thinking I will have to make a new load for them to feed correctly.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">2.885 oal is the longest that fits in it if I recall correctly</span>, when I get home I can measure to double check.

I use a 2.310 ogive (.030 off lands) and it won't fit in it at all.

I developed two loads, 1 for my F-TR matches (single load) and 1 shorter one for use with the mag. The shorter round still groups 1/2 moa or better but not as consistent.

Edit: I measured the inside of the mag, and began seating a 175smk into it In .001 increments. Max OAL length without feeding problems measured 2.270 on my mag.

I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my newly purchased American Precision Arms bottom metal. Best price I could find for the mag release style I want. It's going in a 700P 26" though and I'm not sure if it fits the same as in the AAC-SD. Figured I'd throw it out there any way.

They use the Accuracy International Chassis System 5rd or 10rd mags. I bought the 10rd mags from Brownells. I have received my RTG/SA and will be putting it in this weekend. So far the mags fit perfect in the bottom metal uninstalled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topdog134</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jason bourne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Top dog, check out midwayusa.com, they usually have the FGMM on sale for around 20.00 a box.</div></div>

thanks. that happens to be the exact dollar amount i managed to convince my wife to let me spend every payday on ammo before any other bills haha </div></div>

Palmetto State Armory has it for a little bit cheaper. Click Here

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NU Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking to pick up a Wyatt M5 BDM for my Rem 700 AAC gun. Right now my bullet length is 3.340 and does not feed, have to load one at a time. Will my bullets feed in this magazine? I am thinking I will have to make a new load for them to feed correctly. </div></div>

3.340"!!! Seriously?? Thats longer than my .300 Win Mag!
IMG_02441.jpg

@XxMerlinxX, good find! Thanks for sharing!

@Gunderstorm, I messaged him my concerns of the OAL. I have not heard back. I have not tried to seat a bullet out that far, but even if you could I would imagine some Serious neck tension issues.