• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Meopta Scope - Optika6

Be sure to post a review once you get it. The 3-18x50 has a lot of competition in that size so will be interesting to see how it performs

I'll leave the reviewing to @koshkin :)
Anxious to get it though as it is going to attempt to replace my 4.5-18 LRHS which I have had a wonderful long relationship with.
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181207155424142_COVER_3 (1).jpg

Thanks.

I am going to ping them. For obvious reasons, I want to see my reticles "in the flesh", so to speak. Since I am messing with the 5-20x56 already, I am not sure I care about the 4.5-27x too much, but I really want to see the 3-18x50 and 1-6x24.

The MRAD1 in the 3-18x50 was designed for crossover use, so that it nicely visible on 3x for close range stuff.

ILya
I got the 4.5-27 specifically for a rimfire trainer. Thought it would be perfect at that mag range with a 30mm tube.

I'll leave the reviewing to @koshkin :)
Anxious to get it though as it is going to attempt to replace my 4.5-18 LRHS which I have had a wonderful long relationship with.
View attachment 7146553

LRHS is an awesome scope and at the prices it has been going for lately, it is difficult to compete against. MRAD1 in the 3-18x50 is an attempt to go after the same market except with a modern 6x erector and 50mm objective. If it can hang with LRHS while offering broader mag range, I'll be quite happy.

ILya

Reactions: Burdy
I am really looking forward to the 1-6 SFP version. I've tried a number of FFP 1-6 and 1-8 optics, including the Trijicon Accupower, and I feel SFP is the way to go in a 1-6. I am hoping the glass on the Optika6 1-6 will be somewhere in between a Vortex PST2 and Razor. If that's the case, I will most likely pick one up when it is available in a couple of months.

I considered it, but I have Vortex AMG sitting here collecting dust, so it will likely end up on an accurate rimfire.

ILya
I don't blame you. Thats a great scope that deserves to be sitting on something besides a shelf.

LRHS is an awesome scope and at the prices it has been going for lately, it is difficult to compete against. MRAD1 in the 3-18x50 is an attempt to go after the same market except with a modern 6x erector and 50mm objective. If it can hang with LRHS while offering broader mag range, I'll be quite happy.

ILya

If it can do that then I'll likely own one or two.

Reactions: Burdy
I am really looking forward to the 1-6 SFP version. I've tried a number of FFP 1-6 and 1-8 optics, including the Trijicon Accupower, and I feel SFP is the way to go in a 1-6. I am hoping the glass on the Optika6 1-6 will be somewhere in between a Vortex PST2 and Razor. If that's the case, I will most likely pick one up when it is available in a couple of months.
Completely agree, especially if it is the only optic on the gun.
After running a piggybacked red dot, I now think I could get away with a FFP 1-8 that gives up a bit of the 1x performance and extend my capabilities a bit, but for just a single optic, an SFP 1-6x would be my very first choice.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what to think of those reticle options. A couple seem workable, but a few others seem like an unneccessary design..

Which one is yours @koshkin ?

Based on our past conversations I think I know, but dont want to assume.

Agreed, but only if the dot is daylight bright..

I am curious as to which reticle you got, and am looking forward to hearing more on how it performs and additional comments regarding the glass. I know that you generally liked it (comparing it to an Ares ETR). Thanks.

I am curious as to which reticle you got, and am looking forward to hearing more on how it performs and additional comments regarding the glass. I know that you generally liked it (comparing it to an Ares ETR). Thanks.

The one I have has the reticle I designed. Meopta calls it MRAD. I posted a through the scope snapshot earlier in this thread.

I am about to record a "First Impressions" video on the scope and the reticle, so it will be up on Youtube in a day or two.

ILya

Koshkin (Ilya),
Thanks for posting the video. It can be accessed here:

I have been looking for a long time, hoping to find review, etc. about these scopes. Can't wait until you are able to take it out to the range, as I am hoping for another video detailing your opinions on how it performed (assuming you are planning on that). Thanks again.

Koshkin (Ilya),

I have been looking for a long time, hoping to find review, etc. about these scopes. Can't wait until you are able to take it out to the range, as I am hoping for another video detailing your opinions on how it performed (assuming you are planning on that). Thanks again.

I've had a couple trips to the range with it already. So far so good.

Ilya

Koshkin (Ilya),

The video you mentioned the 5-30 has a bit better glass than the PST 5-25, do you think that'll be the case with the 3-15 PST vs the 3-18x50 also?

The video you mentioned the 5-30 has a bit better glass than the PST 5-25, do you think that'll be the case with the 3-15 PST vs the 3-18x50 also?

I really do not know. I have the 3-15x44 PST Gen 2 and it is better than the 5-25x50. However, I have not seen the 3-18x50 Optika6, so I have no idea how it stacks up.

ILya

I'm dying over here waiting on the SFP 2.5-15 Dichro to put on a Tikka T1X.
I bought a Meopta R2 2-12X50 a few months ago and its is as close to perfect as I could have asked for on a hunting rifle.

Yes, thanks for the video koshkin.

Just ordered a 3-18 MRAD. I am never the early adapter, but the price point is too attractive for the features.
Prior to stumbling onto this thread, I have been happy with the 5-25 PST Gen2 on my bolt gun, and was considering the 4-15 PST gen 2 for a newly built 6.5 creedmoor AR10. But with the broader magnification of the 3-18, I jumped onto the optika6.
Was hesitant about the weight of the PS2Gen2 and the Optika6 initially, but koshin convinced me that at this price range, you want the heft which hopefully translates to durability.

Last edited:
@koshkin: any insight as to how usable the 5-30 is at twilight?

I like having the higher mag in a hunting scope, for target identification if not for actual shot placement.

I have been hunting with a leupy mk8 3.5-25 and am frequently disappointed by how that scope performs at higher magnifications in twilight. If the big meopta can do better, I might have to pick up more than one.

@koshkin: any insight as to how usable the 5-30 is at twilight?

I like having the higher mag in a hunting scope, for target identification if not for actual shot placement.

I have been hunting with a leupy mk8 3.5-25 and am frequently disappointed by how that scope performs at higher magnifications in twilight. If the big meopta can do better, I might have to pick up more than one.

At higher magnifications all scopes struggle in twilight.

It is an issue with exit pupil getting smaller.

Ilya

Reactions: maysys

ILya
So would I! Be quite happy if Meopta had something as good or better than the LRHSi while offering a larger objective and bit longer mag range...

At higher magnifications all scopes struggle in twilight.

It is an issue with exit pupil getting smaller.

Ilya
I'm sure my aging entrance pupils don't help, either.

Still, given my experience with Meopta glass at twilight - although at lower magnifications - I was hopeful they would do better with the 6x erectors. I'll be curious to hear your impressions when and if you get around to playing with it at twilight. If it compares favorably to the delta stryker that's good to hear - I looked through the trijicon version recently and was impressed with that glass.

I love the look and price point.

How come we can't get capped ffp turrets in the 1-6?
Seems the biggest benefit of ffp is not dialing, but every manufacturer insists on using huge turrets for a compact short range scope.

And capped windage. I've yet to find anyone that dials windage. I've gotten rid of all my scopes that don't have a locking or capped windage. Seems a cap is a cheap and easy solution to avoid accidental movement.

The reticle choices are huge. But the only ones that make sense to me are mrad, and they didn't do those well from what I can tell. Hard to tell when the website has zero info though.

Koshkin (Ilya),

How did you find the eyebox/FOV?
The specs indicate a considerably smaller FOV than the PST and Ares ETR, was the immediately obvious?
Did it suffer from any sort of "tunnel vision" effect?

How did you find the eyebox/FOV?
The specs indicate a considerably smaller FOV than the PST and Ares ETR, was the immediately obvious?
Did it suffer from any sort of "tunnel vision" effect?

Very respectable actually.

What specs are you looking at? Published specs do not indicate that. FOV is very similar to Ares ETR.

Ilya

Very respectable actually.

What specs are you looking at? Published specs do not indicate that. FOV is very similar to Ares ETR.

Ilya

Sorry you are correct, the 5-30 is very good.
I was looking at the 4.5-27 and 3-18, are these of quite a different design and construction? As these are quite average compared to the PST and other competition.

Ahahah....King, my delivery (3-18x50 mrad) was delayed due to southeast Texas weather issues late last week.
Today UPS says there is another delay due to incorrect sorting issues.
with any luck, plan to hit the range on Monday...bringing a 5-25x50 Viper PST Gen 2 for comparison.

For those of us waiting on 5-30 MRAD orders from DVOR, I just got off the phone with them where they quoted arrival of their shipment mid-October. I'm nearing week 11 of this pre-order wait, looks like just a few more weeks yet to go....

For those of us waiting on 5-30 MRAD orders from DVOR, I just got off the phone with them where they quoted arrival of their shipment mid-October. I'm nearing week 11 of this pre-order wait, looks like just a few more weeks yet to go....

I wouldn't hold my breath with DVOR, three promised dates have come and gone for me. Hopefully soon though.

Is the DVOR preorder for Optika 6 scopes still available or long since over? I didn't see anything on the site so I'm assuming it's over, but asking to be sure.

Am I really the only one on here besides Ilya who actually has one of these scopes in hand? I really like mine so far, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what others think as well.

Reactions: Mxridr
Yeah - DVOR is just OpticsPlanet writ small. Literally.

Its either in your hands tomorrow or your wife can put it on your grave 40 years after you die.

DVOR is OpticsPlanet's discount/sale arm. The guys who started OpticsPlanet are originally from Russia and Dvor literally means "yard" in russian.

ILya

Been considering dumping my MOA scopes and moving to Mil. Thought I was going Ares ETR or for the new 34mm Midas Tac, but these are tempting.

I have been patient because my present build wasn't finished yet. But, I got the barreled action back last week and the stock will be here this week. If I don't hear anything from the vendor in 2 weeks I think I will cancel my order and go with my first choice.

Been considering dumping my MOA scopes and moving to Mil. Thought I was going Ares ETR or for the new 34mm Midas Tac, but these are tempting.
This was a difficult move for me years ago because "MOA" had been ingrained into my head as an "American" thing; however, I couldn't be happier since going to Mil, it makes much more sense, especially as a backup for ranging if I ever need it. Obviously both MOA and Mil are angular measurements and both work just fine, but Mil just makes more sense to me now that I understand it. Another area is SFP to FFP, same situation - it took a while for me to see the light behind FFP, but now that I've used it for years, I do not want to go back to SFP except for possibly my LPVO's with good BC reticles for .223/5.56. The fact that Meopta Optika 6 has MOA/Mil and SFP/FFP means they have something for everyone. I am really curious to see how the Optika 6 line compares to the Vortex PST II scopes.

Am I really the only one on here besides Ilya who actually has one of these scopes in hand? I really like mine so far, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what others think as well.

Just got my 3-18x50 last night in the mail.
don't know about anyone else's....but mine had a few odd white smudges on it.
Other than that, pretty stoked about the value of this optic; plan to take it to the range on monday.

few things to point out...
-There is little chance the windage/elevation knob will be turned on accident.
You have to pull up on the elevation knob just to be able to manipulate the dial...and the windage dial is capped.
-Setting zero of the knobs is almost tool-less. Spin of the hat of the elevation knob, and use a quarter for the windage.
-Nice to see multiple positions for the throw lever...not sure about the actual lever being made of plastic though
-Those side bars and horse shoe may not be preferable at longer ranges, I am glad they are there @ 3X...cause that's all you can really see

igrIh8t.jpg

HzbrYga.png

3unyBvk.jpg

Just got my 3-18x50 last night in the mail.
don't know about anyone else's....but mine had a few odd white smudges on it.
Other than that, pretty stoked about the value of this optic; plan to take it to the range on monday.

few things to point out...
-There is little chance the windage/elevation knob will be turned on accident.
You have to pull up on the elevation knob just to be able to manipulate the dial...and the windage dial is capped.
-Setting zero of the knobs is almost tool-less. Spin of the hat of the elevation knob, and use a quarter for the windage.
-Nice to see multiple positions for the throw lever...not sure about the actual lever being made of plastic though
-Those side bars and horse shoe may not be preferable at longer ranges, I am glad they are there @ 3X...cause that's all you can really see

igrIh8t.jpg

HzbrYga.png

3unyBvk.jpg

Post a reticle picture when you have a chance.

ILya

We got 8 3-18’s in with the MRAD 1, that is the one with the circle in the middle, yuck. We were told when ordering that the MRAD was what we would be getting (essentially and floating dot with .2 marks and a tree). Now they are saying that reticle is only in the 5-30. Scopes were sent back. The scopes looked fantastic for the money other than that. Essentially, I really wanted to like something that Meopta had to offer, but once again they have shown that the do very little market research and have no idea what a 3-18 FFP exposed turret scope is actually going to be used for. Talking with them is painful. If they fix the reticle I’m in based on what I saw. Just my $.02

Ilya,

Tried to link some images in my post above, I guess no worky.
Uploaded them just now, hope they show up...the house is within 100 yards away @ 12X

igrIh8t.jpg

HzbrYga.jpg

Reactions: f>b25
We got 8 3-18’s in with the MRAD 1, that is the one with the circle in the middle, yuck. We were told when ordering that the MRAD was what we would be getting (essentially and floating dot with .2 marks and a tree). Now they are saying that reticle is only in the 5-30. Scopes were sent back. The scopes looked fantastic for the money other than that. Essentially, I really wanted to like something that Meopta had to offer, but once again they have shown that the do very little market research and have no idea what a 3-18 FFP exposed turret scope is actually going to be used for. Talking with them is painful. If they fix the reticle I’m in based on what I saw. Just my $.02

Lol this exactly the reticle I want for a long range hunting scope.

Horseshoe gives me something to actually look at in low light @3 power

Ilya,

Tried to link some images in my post above, I guess no worky.
Uploaded them just now, hope they show up...the house is within 100 yards away @ 12X

View attachment 7153322

View attachment 7153321

Thank You.

That's the reticle. The circle is their for visibility on 3x. The design was intended as a crossover reticle for hunters and precision people. I need to check my notes, but I think I originally sketched it up with a 8mrad tree. It looks like the did the same 12 mrad tree as I made for the 5-30x scope.

The center arrangement inside a horseshoe is supposed to become a small illuminated cross on low power.

How much of the reticle did they illuminate?

ILya

Lol this exactly the reticle I want for a long range hunting scope.

Horseshoe gives me something to actually look at in low light @3 power

You can't please everyone. I intended it for a crossover scope, which seems to work for you.

I am sure that Meopta can add a conventional tree reticle to it if there is enough demand.

ILya

Thank You.

That's the reticle. The circle is their for visibility on 3x. The design was intended as a crossover reticle for hunters and precision people. I need to check my notes, but I think I originally sketched it up with a 8mrad tree. It looks like the did the same 12 mrad tree as I made for the 5-30x scope.

The center arrangement inside a horseshoe is supposed to become a small illuminated cross on low power.

How much of the reticle did they illuminate?

ILya

For sure...i am glad the horse shoe & thick side bars are there for use @ 3X.

If memory serves me correct everything lights up other than the side bars and horseshoe.
I will try to snap a picture of it later when i am home tonight.

FYI; when i was jacking with it this morning; the illumination is only bright enough to use during low light.