• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Mexico Tactical Rifle match

terrell35744

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Hi everyone, myself and Charlie from Score High Gunsmithing are working to put on a precision/tactical rifle match in the Albuquerque area and we are looking for some input on a date for the match. I listed some of the dates available at the range in the poll so please let us know how those weekends sound to you.

Thanks Sean

Re: New Mexico Tactical Rifle match

I can be there to make the rest look good...
laugh.gif

May is a little close to the Norcal match, but otherwise, you'd have quite a few of us from Phoenix coming.

That is what we have been wrestling with, the second date in April is Easter, May is real close to NorCal and we are working with range to see if we can get the first date in April. We are trying to get that perfect date to give the most shooters the opportunity to shoot. So keep the votes and suggestions coming we need to hear them.

And thanks to all that have said they want to shoot with us!!!!

Im in. If this is not on a weekend that conflicts with F Class in Capitan.

May 14-15 will be the date. We couldn't get the first date in April. The weather should be great though. So keep tuned for more info soon.

Awsome.....Look forward to coming down and having fun with you all..

..praying you all don't spank me to hard!!!....
grin.gif

Oops! I didn't see that the date was already decided before I voted. Anyway, I would love to try and make this. Lord knows I need the practice!

Famliy and Alaska are good reasons to miss the match but you will have to make it out here in 2012.

^^^^Bump^^^.... for some more New Mexico guys to catch....going to be an awsome match!!!

Plan to be there. Please count me in. Any ideas on format and details?

More info for everyone, the offical name is The Score High Tactical Rifle Challenge. We should have a web site up this weekend(or soon after) and it will have more info on the COF, gear to bring, faq and the range.
Thanks Sean

SHTRC%20for%20web%20small%20size.jpg

The Score High Tactical Rifle challenge web site is up and running. Like most sites it is a work in progress so check in often for updates. The web address is http://www.scorehi.com/SHTRC2011/

The match winner will have a choice of one of two rifles built by Score High Gunsmithing. These are not the actual rifles but the are an accurate representation. You can get more details on the Paladin and Dauntless rifle at our web site http://www.scorehi.com

The Paladin Rifle
paladin1.JPG

The Dauntless Rifle
Dauntless_for_the_web.JPG

This sounds like a lot of fun! Got room for another? I would love to attend.

Charlie:
Count on 2 of us from Colorado. Will keep an eye open for apps. I can't seem to access the web site wet, any suggestions?

Charley:
Got it. Thanks for the help. We will try to make it down to shoot a monthly match soon. In need of a steel fix.

Sean and I have lined up some fantastic movers for the match along with some electronic targets as well. We visited Intelligent Target systems yesterday and we will be implementing allot of what they have to offer. Take a look at their web site at http://www.intelligenttarget.com/index.html this stuff is just too cool.

Charley

This is gonna be a great match. I plan to be on the worker side of the match as opposed to the shooting side.

Thanks Charley. It may look easy...but as you know, it's alot of work behind the scenes that make it happen. It's a combination of NorCal training, good equipment and special voodoo stuff at the reloading bench.

Kudos to your thumbwheel replacement metal. Since observing your replacement metal at the Shot Show last January, I've changed out my thumbwheels in all my toys to your hardware. It's what I run exclusively in all my McM stocks.

If you can bring an extra one or two next month at SHOT, if your going, I'll purchase them from you there.

Best Regards,

Francis

This looks like it will be a ton of fun. Shoot this and TBRC in one month.....May looks like it should be a ton of fun!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FK300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sent my info to you via your website. Please count me in Charlie and a few others from Norcal.

Thanks,

Francis K.</div></div>

You accepting registration already? I thought it wasn't until the 15th?

you are right. Registration is not until Dec 15th at 08:00 on a first come first serve. I hope every one that really wants to attend gets a slot. This year there are only 45 slots. We hope to increase this in future years as we get more matches under our belt.

Charley

I won't be near a computer so I will have to call in at 10am eastern. Will you be answering the phone?

Sorry for the confusion on the registration if I goofed up. I thought we needed to submit a pre-registration interest info request, at the link at the top of this page in order to obtain the registration info to be submitted on the 15th.

I'm sorry if I caused you more work or caused any confusion to anyone else.

Francis

Would this be a good first match? Tempted, but I've never participated in one, nor seen one run.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would this be a good first match? Tempted, but I've never participated in one, nor seen one run. </div></div>

It won't be your first match Jeff as I is draggin' ur jarhead ass to Raton in February
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It won't be your first match Jeff as I is draggin' ur jarhead ass to Raton in February
wink.gif
</div></div>

Uh-oh!
grin.gif
Long time Leo! Let me know what you've got in mind. I had some problems with trying to reload so I'm going to pick up some factory ammo and see what works. Tired of not being able to shoot!

Jump in with both feet. Any match is a good first match as it's that first match that will help you learn what you need to work on or change as far as training and gear.