• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up New Mexico

Re: New Mexico

tsprink,
There is a Tactical Precision match every third Sunday at Zia up here in Albuquerque. Great match and very challenging. Check out the details on Zia's website.
Raton (Whittington)sp has lots of matches when the weather warms up some. Lots of the ABQ guys shoot up there too.
Look forward to seeing you sometime. Take care.

-Mike

Reactions: aljones_315

We are actually going to start a precision rifle match in March if everything goes well. Will be the first saturday fo the month.

What part of New Mexico do you live in?

I live in Clovis. hour and a half from you. I would be interested in shooting with you guys
Glad to hear about the Abq. shoot I mite try to make it up there a few times. Thanks Mike.

I just looked at the Zia web site and it stated that the tactical rifle match was on the 1st Sunday of the month. Set up @ 11:30.

The match may have been moved to the 3rd Sunday, anybody know for sure?

Thanks,JH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ofcrfs242</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are actually going to start a precision rifle match in March if everything goes well. Will be the first saturday fo the month.

What part of New Mexico do you live in? </div></div>

Keep me posted on this deal. There is a gang of shooters and at least one custom rifle builder that would be interested in participating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rwest</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ofcrfs242</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are actually going to start a precision rifle match in March if everything goes well. Will be the first saturday fo the month.

What part of New Mexico do you live in? </div></div>

Keep me posted on this deal. There is a gang of shooters and at least one custom rifle builder that would be interested in participating. </div></div>

rwest lets not talk about it lets set it up!! I have land to shoot on at the cap.. but it would be better to find some like in elida kenna area. ill do some checking..

Anybody make it to the Zia match this last Sunday? I wanted to, but had to work, just wondered how it was.
JH

The match in Roswell is definately a go. Been approved by the board and the first match will be the first Saturday in March. Set up starts at 7 practice from 830 and match at 9. I have contact info for the match director. PM me if you would like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tsprink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you guys shoot a lot around roswell. </div></div>

That explains what happened in 1947...

The match has been moved to the 3rd Sunday of the month it starts at 9:00 am set up is at 8:00am. We have between 8-14 shooters, the entree fee is $5, first time is free,and you need about 60rds. The match runs until 2-3pm plus 30min to clean up and tally up scores. Let me know if you want to shoot and I can set up to get you in the gate if you are not a member of ZIA R&P.

Just noticed your post. The last match was great. We had some fun stages shooting from tough positions, 2 mover stages ran like the "top sniper" show, and lots of steel. Everyone had a great time and we had 10 shooters show up. I would like to get pictures and post scores for the match but I am so busy shooting the match I never remember to take pictures.

Thanks Zia, sounds like a blast. I had to work but really want to make it in Feb. I've never been to one, looking forward to learning something. Done alot of IPSC, IDPA and 3 gun quite some time ago. Just getting into long range and really like it, have alot to learn though.
JH

hi guys I'm moving out to clovis in three weeks once I get settled In I'm going to work on building a 1000 yd range a piece at a time. Once I get it where I like it, I will probably extend an invite or two if anyone is interested. It won't be anything super extravigant but it will get the job done. Just let me know and I can keep an update of progress and take suggestions as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: repins2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hi guys I'm moving out to clovis in three weeks once I get settled In I'm going to work on building a 1000 yd range a piece at a time. Once I get it where I like it, I will probably extend an invite or two if anyone is interested. It won't be anything super extravigant but it will get the job done. Just let me know and I can keep an update of progress and take suggestions as well. </div></div>

IM in

Why are you moving here ???? there are so many better places lol JK there is a lot of room to shoot..

Lol I would definetly agree with you. Having said that my wife's family all live there, and she wants nothing more then to move back. Plus great job opportunity out at the base working as a contractor on the predator drone. Fortunately, I have the propect of building that range to keep me motivated. Where we live here in Louisiana I only have about 250yds range built, so ijust shoot my .22 to make it challenge.

Hey guys, just found this page.....

Has anyone tried to set up a tactical rimfire match at Zia? I've done the BR Rimfire but thats too easy....

wink.gif

Hey,

I am in Alamogordo NM. I am stationed at Holloman AFB. I am a weapons instructor and I have the keys to the range. We have a 25m Range and a 100m range that we can back up to about 400m. I think we also have a 1000m that is grown over and I have never seen. Everyone that I work with shoots pistols and carbines and has no intrest in shooting distance. I am trying to learn it all on my own. I want to get into competition as well. I have a Rem 700 tactical in .308. I also have a AR rifle. I am farily new to New Mexico so I dont know the actual drive times to Roswell, Clovis and Alb. I look foreward to meeting you sometime. And mayby I can have anyone that is near me over for a meet and greet and maby shoot a couple machine guns.

drive time to Roswell is about an hour and a half. Clovis about 3 hours and Albuquerque probably close to 4 hours.

Would enjoy shooting with you next time I get down that way.

Robert

I am in Rio Rancho, work on Kirtland AFB. I've been away from shooting for several years now, but recently built a 260 that is a work in progress. It's tough having time to shoot these days, but there has been some progress with the new rifle. I intended it for long range, but everything I've shot has been for load development and I haven't got past 100. One of these months I'm going to make it to Zia for that shoot. The sporting rifle match at Whittington sounds like a hoot too! I can just imagine how badly I would embarrass myself!

Mike in Abq.

Another here in The Land of Enchantment, Four Corners area. Have a few skills to hone and then would love to hit Zia as well as Raton

broke ground on the 1000 yd range today it shouldn't be to long before I'm ready to makes some invites.

Another here from Portales. Don't post here much, just read all the time.
How did the match go in Roswell?
I will try to make it to next months PR match. I should also be at the USPSA match the weekend after.
It would be awesome to have a couple shoots around Clovis to go to. What do we need to do to get this rolling?

Hey IChaseCoues i'm north of clovis and as i said yesterday i'm building a 1000yd range with an up to 50yds pistol both with reactive steel targets. they are home made so they aren't that spectacular but they work great for low buget fun. I would love to take some suggestions on how to make it as fun as possible. When I get it ready I'll be able to have several poeple over to have some fun.

That would be awesome.

I have been waiting for someone to set up a small shoot around here. I'd try to get one going, just need to find the place to do it right. Somewhere with some hills.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: repins2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey IChaseCoues i'm north of clovis and as i said yesterday i'm building a 1000yd range with an up to 50yds pistol both with reactive steel targets. they are home made so they aren't that spectacular but they work great for low buget fun. I would love to take some suggestions on how to make it as fun as possible. When I get it ready I'll be able to have several poeple over to have some fun. </div></div>

Where at north of Clovis are you building?

Shot in Roswell today and had a good time. Just 2 of us, and I lost! It did make me realize I need some practice.
Thanks Robert. I'll be back next month, oh and next weekend for IPSC.

I,m building about ten to fifteen miles north of clovis off turn east off of 209 on to cr 23 go about 4 miles. It just going to be a private thing but I'm open to making some invites. Its going to be a working progress. I'll be ready to shoot by next weekend though with just the basics. I"m building a two person bench, with the idea it can be made mobile to be moved around by a 4 wheeler in order to ajust the ranges. Easier than moving all the targets i thought. I also will have an up to 50 yd pistol range complete with some homemade steel targets. I alson have at the moment 6 10" steel plates for the rifles set up from 400 to 1000 every 100yds. I will have static target stands for 1000 aprox 8'x8'. Instead of spending a fortune on targets i bought some contractor paper 35"X150' and some paint for 12.00. I'm going to make a nice sillhouett and large circle stencil/ jig from playwood for making the targets easier to accurately reproduce. I have some friends that i work with interested in helping out a little bit with the cost, so that we can always be improving. The next thing ,in due time, i have in mind is to make two reactive steel silhouettes. I also purchased one of those pop up dining tents to use as shade from the harsh desert sun lol. If any of you would like to share some ideas on how I could make it better feel free. Thanks

Repins2004, Sounds like a real nice set up, if i can help from Albuq let me know, or if your up this way we can do lunch and exchange some ideas.

Thanks paul appreciate your help and your offer i will deffinetly keep you in mind when i'm up that way.

Ichasecouse, It was fun. Hopefully next month we will get the attendance back up. The easter thing kinda got this months match. The steel should be ready for next month's shoot too.

Repins, sound like you are well on your way. Not a lot of places that you can get to 1k or longer in the state. I would say that shade is a must. Gets hot in this part of the country. When you get it going let me know. Could get up there with some steel targets and make a day of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who can barrel and true my action in New Mexico? I had a name and lost it. </div></div>

Score High Gunsmithing here in Abq seems to have a decent rep - was that the one?

Hello All,
Tate Mooots, Sean Terrell and my self, Charley Robertson, set up and run the tactical rife match at Zia. About a week before the match I send out an e-mail reminder along with any scheduling changes and required ammo. If you would like me to add you name to my list send me a PM and I will get you added.

Charley Robertson

Hello another new guy here. I am stationed on Kirtland and have been in Albuquerque for about a month now. Already been up to Shooting Range Park and have joined Calibers. As soon as I find it I'll be joining Zia too.

I am always looking to shoot, but if there are any experienced long range shooters who want to do some teaching I need some serious instruction on how to shoot LR. I have the rifle but I am a complete novice otherwise.

Hopefully I'll see you guys around.

Mark

The guys at Zia are super helpful. Go out to their matches!! You will have fun, it is a laid back event and don't worry if you don't know what the hell you are doing. I didn't and still had a blast.

Hi!
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks!

Hello to all in New Mexico!!!
cool.gif

Fixing to go down to the match at Zia this coming Sunday hope to see some of you there....I hear they are a blast!!!
laugh.gif

Also the guys at Zia are putting on a big match in May...trophy table and all....

looks like alot from AZ are coming but I hope alot of from New Mexico come too!!! Would like to meet alot more folk in this state that are into LR Tatical....not to many up here in four conners area that I have found yet...
frown.gif

Here is a link to the thread for it's anouncement!!!
grin.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2086409

Another Land of Enchantment shooter here. I am down south in Las Cruces. Heading out in 1.5 weeks to do some oryx sniping.