• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Navy SEAL Book

My stance would not change one bit of he was kkk. I despise this group BUT! I would never seek to take away there rite to speak there mind and freely believe how they choose to believe. just because I support there rite to believe as they choose does not mean that I support there belief's in any way. as long as they fallow the laws and do it rite than fine. If they want to arrange a parade they file the rite paper work pay the rite fees fallow the law than fine. The same thing applies to righting a book or T.V. or any other media.

Why right a book? why go on T.V.?.... Why not?

Every other group with strong beliefs does. Hell some of those groups own there own media empires. When a small! group of people with there own beliefs (that they believe in as strongly as you believe in yours) steps up. There told they should just keep quiet keep there beliefs to them selves. Why? other groups don't have to.

What gives ANY! group more rights than another to voice there opinion?

Every other group with strong beliefs does. Hell some of those groups own there own media empires. When a small! group of people with there own beliefs (that they believe in as strongly as you believe in yours) steps up. There told they should just keep quiet keep there beliefs to them selves. Why? other groups don't have to.

What gives ANY! group more rights than another to voice there opinion?

No one here suggested that he keeps his beliefs to himself or keep quiet; just that he should STFU about his prior affiliation w/ the Seals.

Who this gentleman/Lady sleeps with is no business of mine. They served their country which is more than 90% of the rest of America will ever do. I wish Her luck in all future endeavors.

If its legal. If his own former teammates don't object or his CO why do you presume to know better?

If this person really wanted to make a statement to further the cause of the trans- whatever community, why didn't he/she do it when in the SEALS? If he/she really wanted to bring light and hope to the plight of the misunderstood transgendered folks, why not bring it to the forefront in a way that would challenge the system?

His/her decision to come out isn't courageous at all. Coming out 20 years ago when everyone and their brother was too afraid to come out, that would be courageous. This smells like a good angle to draw people into buying a book.

I realize that everyone has the right to live how they choose within the confines of the law. If he/she wants to be different than what he/she was born, the choice is free. I am just tired of having gay, lesbian, transgender etc. shoved into every aspect of our lives. Seriously, when was the last time we celebrated heterosexuality? When was the last straight pride parade or when was the last time people were applauded for making the courageous decision to fight for their marriage? I don't have to have every gay person paraded in front of me for me to know that they do exist and they can be normal, productive members of society.

If he came out 20 years ago the man would have most likely been shot. Its not cowardice to choose your own battlefield. Just good tactics.

In all your brilliance how did you ever come up w/ that deduction? Or are you just assuming that because they are truly the "Silent Professional"?

My 'brilliance' lead me to read up on the subject and learn some facts about the matter before reaching a conclusion. The supportive comments from his former CO and teammates with whom he served are in the foreword of the book and mentioned in articles.

Last edited:
If this person really wanted to make a statement to further the cause of the trans- whatever community, why didn't he/she do it when in the SEALS? If he/she really wanted to bring light and hope to the plight of the misunderstood transgendered folks, why not bring it to the forefront in a way that would challenge the system?

His/her decision to come out isn't courageous at all. Coming out 20 years ago when everyone and their brother was too afraid to come out, that would be courageous. This smells like a good angle to draw people into buying a book.

I realize that everyone has the right to live how they choose within the confines of the law. If he/she wants to be different than what he/she was born, the choice is free. I am just tired of having gay, lesbian, transgender etc. shoved into every aspect of our lives. Seriously, when was the last time we celebrated heterosexuality? When was the last straight pride parade or when was the last time people were applauded for making the courageous decision to fight for their marriage? I don't have to have every gay person paraded in front of me for me to know that they do exist and they can be normal, productive members of society.

Arguing with this level of ignorance is pretty much an impossibility.

Send me a Private message and I will be happy to explain. I can't fully explain without breaking forum rules

either way id like to sit back eat popcorn and wait for someone to try to mug this guy/girl whatever... damn THAT would be a hell of a show. but seriously THANK YOU for your service

Some of the posts on this Thread, and the fact that gender identification is even an issue, shows how sexually immature so much of this country really is. I don't give a fuck what gender she identifies with, I'd buy her a beer and ask for her advice about tactics.

I find it interesting how often the same people who claim a higher morality based on religion are at the same time the meanest and the most ignorant.

Not claiming any higher morality especially not based on religion! As stated above they are free to do whatever they'd like; as I am able to exercise my freedom of speech! Personally, I'd rather not get in bed w/ something w/ bigger feet then me nor do I like "mechanic hands" around my "privates". As a whole I don't have an issue w/ him/her getting a sex change; my issue is tying the Navy into it for a "book launch"! Also exactly who hired a person this mentally troubled for this position?

Last edited:
Back to the objective for a minute. Here are some reviews that seem to set sex and religion aside from Amazon book reviews:

By
Alexander von der Linden - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Warrior Princess: A U.S. Navy SEAL's Journey to Coming out Transgender (Kindle Edition)
This isn't the first SEAL biography that I've read. When I started it, I expected it to be like most of the others full of bad ass exploits, and derring do. There is some of that, but that's not really the point.

This book is the memoir of a woman who spent her first two lives as a man, was pushed by guilt and her own demons into the "hyper masculine" world of the SEALS, and is now coming to terms with her third life as the person she's known she is since she could first remember. It talks of the despair, of the guilt, and of all of the psychological aspects of a life hidden.

I deeply recommend this book to anyone trying to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars There are some Lessons that can only be learned through Pain, June 4, 2013
By
Maeve Bandruid (Southern Cali, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Warrior Princess: A U.S. Navy SEAL's Journey to Coming out Transgender (Kindle Edition)
...and if you cannot resolve what causes your pain, then focus on helping others to find Happiness. :)

Kristin Beck's biography is not for the superficial or faint of heart. There are major Life Lessons that are realized within the pages of "Warrior Princess" such as 'Unconditional Love of Self' and 'Don't Take It Personally'. And major Life Lessons are often learned through Pain.
Lots and lots of Pain.

Beck, as either Chris or Kristin is one of the bravest and ballsiest creature that has ever walked this green earth. Hands down.
By allowing us not only into her external experiences, but within her head and heart, she reminds the reader that sometimes, you have to make your own light at the end of the tunnel...with a sharp stiletto heel if necessary.

I read the book in five or so hours straight through, caught up in her sometimes tear-jerking journey, and can only say "Thank You".

Much Love and Laughter,

and

Great Content, Terrible Writing, June 4, 2013
By
skin
Let me start off by saying the content of this book is great. To be given a glimpse inside of Kristin's mind was tremendously interesting and I think this book may do a lot of good in terms of advancing awareness of transgender persons.

However, the writing is absolutely awful. Many grammar mistakes and questionable word choice. There are some mistakes where it is not only difficult to believe there was an editor, but hard to believe the authors even proofread their own work. I am by no means someone who harps on grammar mistakes, but when I am paying for a professionally published book, to have it get to the point where I noticed how poorly written it is, there is a problem.

In addition to that, they refer to Kris in the past as Chris and use him/he and present day Kris with her/she, which makes sense. However, this is really inconsistently done. There are multiple instances where she is referred to as both male and female in the same sentence without a change in tense. It ends up being very confusing.

All of that said, the content of the book absolutely trumps the writing. This book should be bought and if an editor fixes this book for a future edition, the review will instantly change to five stars.
Amazon.com: skin's review of Warrior Princess: A U.S. Navy SEAL's Journ...