• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes New NF "Beast" scope rumors.... let's hear them

Re: New NF "Beast" scope rumors.... let's hear them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's just too bad they haven't brought out a 5-22 F1 priced around $2500 or a bit less they would sell more than they could make. Vortex must be pleased as punch at this news since they have the only game in town around the $2000 price point in the higher magnification range.

One wouldn't think it wouldn't be that hard since they have the 3-15 F1 sorted out to make the same scope with a bit higher mag. </div></div>

it will be hard because they are not making a 5-22X F1, and again you assume a lot in what you say, like they are not thinking about the end user.

You guys are pretty foolish if you ask me, speculating on things you don't know and immediately thinking the worse.

You all need to stop speculating and just sit back and wait... but I will tell you, don't hold your breathe for a 5-22X because you wont see it any time soon.

People will always speculate about new products once they get leaked, and considering you're the one leaking the teasing details you only have yourself to blame.
smile.gif

I didn't start the thread and clearly other people have heard about it... I am just adding weight to the speculation.

I don't have to speculate, I know, because I asked and got answers. I am not being completely forth coming with my answers. But certainly other people know what is going on, I wasn't the only one who ventured behind the curtain.

Can only wait and watch. THis may be the next high end scope I go for in the future. Luckily I am in no hurry.

Will they be bringing in a new reticle(s) for this scope ? Is this going to be either a MOA or MIL scope..wondering if this is the scope that persuades me to convert to the latter.

I for one, would just like some detailed drawings on their new F1 reticle offerings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperaviator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will it get me laid? </div></div>

I'm sure some pudgy internet commando would gladly blow you for a peek through one, but I'm thinking that's not what you meant...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they be bringing in a new reticle(s) for this scope ? Is this going to be either a MOA or MIL scope..wondering if this is the scope that persuades me to convert to the latter.</div></div>

I happen to know there are both MOA and Mil versions...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they be bringing in a new reticle(s) for this scope ? Is this going to be either a MOA or MIL scope..wondering if this is the scope that persuades me to convert to the latter.</div></div>

</div></div>

Do you happen to know an approximate objective diameter?
wink.gif

I have no clue and I wasn't invited behind the curtain, but I'll take a guess at some features......

1) Integrated laser range-finder
2) "Digital" reticle light switches
3) Optional integrated nightvision/thermal imaging
4) Integrated 1x red-dot sight or iron site system
5) Integrated anti-cant device
6) Integrated angle indicator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pgh_rugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they be bringing in a new reticle(s) for this scope ? Is this going to be either a MOA or MIL scope..wondering if this is the scope that persuades me to convert to the latter.</div></div>

</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

Yes, not only do I know the approximate, I know the exact objective diameter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pgh_rugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they be bringing in a new reticle(s) for this scope ? Is this going to be either a MOA or MIL scope..wondering if this is the scope that persuades me to convert to the latter.</div></div>

</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

Yes, not only do I know the approximate, I know the exact objective diameter. </div></div>

Crap, I phrased that incorrectly. Can you happen to post the exact objective diameter?

One advantage of this scope coming out is that Premier and S&B sales should slow, and they may start reducing their prices to compete.

If the NF was $3,200, PH would have to be priced noticeably lower to attract sales. Good for everyone.

Never happen, scope prices didn't drop when PH came into the market, or Vortex, prices only went up.

I would be really happy if the magnification of this new scope gets to the 25X or even better: 30X.
And the lower on the 6X or 8X would be ok to me.

Any info on magnification?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steelhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no clue and I wasn't invited behind the curtain, but I'll take a guess at some features......

</div></div>I would add to that list of speculations:
7) Integrated ballistics calculator/compensator ala Barret BORS
8) Integrated weather station

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanPopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So should I hold off on buying a March 3-24 or S&B 3-20 for the Nightforce? Is it that good?</div></div>
Do what will get you taken care of for now.. as for quality, did you not read Frank's(Lowlight's) posts??? If he says it is some of the best glass he has ever looked through, and it is still same NF quality, then yes it is that good.

Good lord...

You forgot th automatic sear disengagement system that activates when the target is perfecty framed.

Just wait to see what they come out with, damn.

At SHOT a fella @ NF said 5-25 FFP, possible summer release...

The more i think about this the more impatient I become... thats a frekkin lot of patents!

What I want to know is, will it be a game changer, or is it just going to set a new benchmark in regards to more adjustments per rev, more interal, bigger mag range etc.

If it shoots out hellfire missiles or lobs 40mm nades then yes i will be suprised... or is it just going to end up being the worlds most versatile scope.

Integrated LRF capability would suprise the crap out of me, but for some reason im doubting it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steelhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no clue and I wasn't invited behind the curtain, but I'll take a guess at some features......

</div></div>

9) Microwave for tactical hot pockets in the field
10) porta potty for when in that deep hide
11) Free WiFi

If they had a prototype why not showcase it at SHOT to get more industry buzz, especially since they already have the patents for it.

It sounds interesting i guess, but since there is so little information on it its not worth holding my breath over.

If even a marketing prototype and some rough details were released about it then it might be worth comparing it to the 3-20 S&B ive been waiting for. But if NF doesn't come out with any info i'm going to buy the 3-20 S&B, and wont look back.

By the time the 3-20 actually hits shelves, they might be both out
smile.gif

Either way, buy the S&B, sell it to some sucker for $150 less than you paid if the NF comes out and blows it away. Never wait for a new optic to come out if you have the cash to be running one now with what used scopes can be sold for here.

Addition's to Rob01's list:

12) DVD player for those "long waits" in the hide
13) trigger sensor/puller...when it's on target it shoots

Seriously, yes it will be expensive, but it sounds like it's going to be fantastic and ultimately, most of us are just going to have to wait to get the final word on exactly what it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steelhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no clue and I wasn't invited behind the curtain, but I'll take a guess at some features......

</div></div>

9) Microwave for tactical hot pockets in the field
10) porta potty for when in that deep hide
11) Free WiFi </div></div>

14) GPS with micro SD card slot for loadable maps
15) Tactical bacon dispensor
16) Retractable mirror for putting camoflage make-up on

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If they had a prototype why not showcase it at SHOT to get more industry buzz, especially since they already have the patents for it.

It sounds interesting i guess, but since there is so little information on it its not worth holding my breath over.

If even a marketing prototype and some rough details were released about it then it might be worth comparing it to the 3-20 S&B ive been waiting for. But if NF doesn't come out with any info i'm going to buy the 3-20 S&B, and wont look back.

</div></div>

ummmmm.......

they did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Because NF is not going to announce it until it's 100% ready for market, that's just how they roll. A few got to see it, but others are not going to see it until it's ready to go out to dealers. Look at the new reticles and such there was no mention of until SHOT, the next week you could call dealers and order one.

I think NF chooses to forgo the drama because they know their products are the shit and they don't need all the "buzz" to sell them. The recent Vortex's (aside from the problems with the first batch) are a perfect example of this drama and anticipation. I think you'll find this is going to be the exact same deal as a F1, a few people got to see it at SHOT, a little while later rumor of it surfaced and shortly after that it was at market and before all this it went through quite the testing period which I'm sure is no different for this.

Sit back and wait for it. It will be what it will be and no amount of speculation or "buzz" will change that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Because NF is not going to announce it until it's 100% ready for market, that's just how they roll. A few got to see it, but others are not going to see it until it's ready to go out to dealers. Look at the new reticles and such there was no mention of until SHOT, the next week you could call dealers and order one.

I think NF chooses to forgo the drama because they know their products are the shit and they don't need all the "buzz" to sell them. The recent Vortex's (aside from the problems with the first batch) are a perfect example of this drama and anticipation. I think you'll find this is going to be the exact same deal as a F1, a few people got to see it at SHOT, a little while later rumor of it surfaced and shortly after that it was at market and before all this it went through quite the testing period which I'm sure is no different for this.

Sit back and wait for it. It will be what it will be and no amount of speculation or "buzz" will change that. </div></div>

LL said that it went from Gen 1 to Gen 4 has 7 patents, it seemed that at least the prototype they brought to SHOT could have been put on display. Whatever though, its their business, they can run it however they want.

All that being said it does sound like an interesting scope. It will be interesting to see what it actually "is" and "does".

I talked with someone who I respect as a shooter and he had the details from SHOT. He said it was worth it.

Although it is out of my price range, I'm interested to see this one come out.

Damn this thread is frustrating! Its like going to a strip club blind folded.

Damn this thread is frustrating! Its like going to a strip club blind folded.

Considering how much I like my F1....I'm waiting impatiently!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Considering how much I like my F1....I'm waiting impatiently! </div></div>

I'm already selling stuff to get the beast and payoff the F1 I bought,LOL
grin.gif
!

Unless it steers the bullet I'm reluctant to think that there's a whole lot of room left in optics evolution that will be a game changer for the average shooter, unless we're talking about electronics. I'm a NF fence-sitter so it will be interesting to see if anything else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless it steers the bullet I'm reluctant to think that there's a whole lot of room left in optics evolution that will be a game changer for the average shooter, unless we're talking about electronics. I'm a NF fence-sitter so it will be interesting to see if anything else. </div></div>

Agreed, I was thinking the same thing "Laser Guided". Make us real super lazy! This can go either way for NF we could be hyping this scope up more then it deserves or in the end the scope can blow us completely out of the water. I hope the latter is true. I do wonder though what these 7 patents are about. Some people may not realize you can patent the most mundane, minescule things. We will see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeeprider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I do wonder though what these 7 patents are about. Some people may not realize you can patent the most mundane, minescule things. We will see. </div></div> Clearly one of them would be related to moving a reticle 25 mils in one turn which is a HUGE amount. Of course it's hard not to ask... what scenario would require such a feat short of engaging a target out to 1600+ yards with a follow-up shot to a target at 100. Either way a simple screw likely won't pull that off, but you're right...you can patent a steamy turd if you can find a new use for it. I'll be optic shopping again in a few months but I'm leery about leaping on anything new, at least until a few of them get the shit beat out of them in the field. I'd personally like to see something new electronically such as a BORS-type system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Cool, then I can leech off of you and access SH from my laptop in the field.

Make sure it's got a 110 outlet so I can plug in my laptop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeeprider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I do wonder though what these 7 patents are about. Some people may not realize you can patent the most mundane, minescule things. We will see. </div></div> Clearly one of them would be related to moving a reticle 25 mils in one turn which is a HUGE amount. Of course it's hard not to ask... what scenario would require such a feat short of engaging a target out to 1600+ yards with a follow-up shot to a target at 100. Either way a simple screw likely won't pull that off, but you're right...you can patent a steamy turd if you can find a new use for it. I'll be optic shopping again in a few months but I'm leery about leaping on anything new, at least until a few of them get the shit beat out of them in the field. I'd personally like to see something new electronically such as a BORS-type system. </div></div>

Forgive me, I have little knowledge of the internal workings of a scope, but instead of turning a knob on the end of the elevation "spindle" couldn't the knob actually be a separate larger 'gear' which drives a smaller gear on the end of the actual spindle? That way you could just change the gear's ratio to get more mils per revolution of the elevation knob. Could this be how they get 25 mils per revolution?

I am sure you could, however it would be a more complex mechanism and tactile feel would probably suffer. It may also induce lash into the system.

I am far from an optics expert, I just see too many possible failure points in a system like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Cool, then I can leech off of you and access SH from my laptop in the field.

Make sure it's got a 110 outlet so I can plug in my laptop. </div></div>

What do you need laptop for? I hear it has a solar powered iPad built in so you can do all your ballistics calculations and tweet your dope to your buddies on it.

With my luck im going to buy my IOR valdada the day before this "beast" scope comes out....with my luck the beast scope will do every thing but load the dam bullet!

I heard that the scope has no turrets only a sensor and digital input on the side to enter a firing solution. The scope will then use its sensor to measure barometric pressure, temp, wind, humidity, angle, etc. The cross hairs will automatically move to the correct position for a hit to 1500m. The glass will be of such quality you can see .223 holes at 1k. The scope can also detect shots nearby and indicate with an internal compass which direction the shots came from. It automatically switches to IR mode at dusk. The laser ranger finder is good to 2000m. It detects friend or foe with a blue or red V over the person head. If for some reason you miss your target the scope will mark where the miss hit and automatically adjust for the next shot.

Thats what I heard.

Actually, the big secret is that instead of being filled with nitrogen, The Beast will be filled with spice mélange gas so that when you look through it you will see into the future and be able to predict the correct trajectory on which to steer the bullet to insure a centre mass hit every time.

The spice must flow.

There will be a pink ribbed version for female shooters

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeeprider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do wonder though what these 7 patents are about. Some people may not realize you can patent the most mundane, minuscule things. We will see.</div></div>
This looks good for about 35 Mils.

Capture1.jpg

US 2009/0199452 A1

GM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InTheHills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeeprider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do wonder though what these 7 patents are about. Some people may not realize you can patent the most mundane, minuscule things. We will see.</div></div>
This looks good for about 35 Mils.

Capture1.jpg

US 2009/0199452 A1

GM
</div></div>

Good thinking, with all this talk of patents I can't believe I didn't think to dig around a bit. Check it out:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=ZdvTAAAAEBAJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pgh_rugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Good thinking, with all this talk of patents I can't believe I didn't think to dig around a bit. Check it out:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=ZdvTAAAAEBAJ </div></div>

Sneaky bastards...i'll be damned if that ocular doesn't look veryyyy familiar as well. Not to mention the patent belongs to Jeff Huber.