• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Optic From Bushnell, The LRHS

Picked up my new Bushnell LRHS today from the PO. Had to tear it open in the parking lot and finger it before I left. First impression, wow this thing is built for battle! It is definitely a heavy duty scope built to survive the abuses of hunting. Elevation clicks are crisp and positive. Glass is crystal clear. I dig the reticle as well. I have a Gap 6 Creedmoor that should be done any time now that this baby will get stuck on. Can't wait to get it in the field and put it to use. Thanks again for putting on the group buy, George! I think you and Pat have developed a great scope!

Received mine today!! Very impressed with these. Can't wait to get them mounted and some rounds down range.
Of course I spun the turrets and fingered the hell out of one of them, really feel like a super durable optic. Much more heavy duty than standard hunting scope.

Only regret is that I did not order two of the range finders, what a price. Won't see that again.

Thanks George!!

Yea, The scopes are real well made which is why earlier in this thread I told the Doubters to wait and see. Its a really nice scope!!! came out perfect.

There are about 20 more left in the group buy. With the Rangefinder its a heck of a deal. as they also upgraded the Rangefinder to the Scout 5-100 ARC model which is a $300 Rangefinder!

Last edited:
I just unboxed mine, and my totally unscientific review is this thing looks good! My other guns/scopes are locked up, and I have just a few minutes of daylight, but I am VERY impressed with the clarity. I LOVE the big numbers and arrow on top of the elevation knob. Clicks are positive, and the zero-stop seems simple enough for me to handle. The size and weight is much better suited on a hunting rifle( this will replace a NF F1 on my hunting rig). I'm looking into the dark woods during the last minutes of "hunting time", and so far, I can still make out the reticle....though at lower power, the image is brighter, but the reticle is getting harder to make out.

This scope would really be right at home on a SPR'ish AR.....its the right size, and doesn't have as many knobs and buttons sticking out as others.

Also, I'm more impressed with the included rangefinder than I thought it would be.....it won't replace my Swarovski LRF, it will be a great back up, and fine for most of my hunting needs..... it is REALLY SMALL and light. I like it so far....

Thanks to George, GA, and Bushnell for these well thought out products!

Tracking says mine will be here tomorrow! Hopefully it shows up and I have some rings that work so I get to shoot it some this weekend. Can't wait to see it first hand.

Mine is on the way. XTREM HTR16 is finally getting her scope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When someone posts a report, please show a pic of what the reticle looks like on 3x.

One 6lbs box arrived today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    884.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Guys, are they shipping with signature required? Gotta make sure somebody's home when it shows up.

Finally, Bushnell provides a sunshade that isn't 3 miles long! I've cut down many Bushnell sunshades in the lathe over the years...

Looking forward to some more range reports. :D

Thought I would give a comparison of the new Bushnell LRHS 3-9x44 to some other higher end scopes; 5-25x56 Steiner MSR, 5-20x50 Vortex Razor and a Zeiss 4-16x50 Diavari T* FL with Z800 reticle (SFP). As the light really faded, I also grabbed a Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10x50 (SFP) with 60 reticle, a single adjustable lighted dot in the center of a Plex type reticle without the thicker crosshair on the top portion.

Wife sent me a note that my scope had arrived so I hurried home from work and rolled in the door a few minutes before sundown and opened the LRHS packaging. Initial handling and manipulation of the controls were all positive and the glass looked much better than the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50 I sent back a few weeks ago and replaced with the Razor. I grabbed the wife’s ironing board and set it up on my back porch with the above mentioned scopes which were all mounted on rifles and were sighted in on the same birdhouse tacked onto a pine at 72 yards, verified with the Bushnell Scout 5-1000 ARC DX that was also purchased as an option for the LRHS group buy :) I didn’t have the LRHS mounted but it was also sighted on the birdhouse as it rested on the ironing board. In general, this is a very demanding scope test even though it was only 72 yards. The birdhouse is to the west of my porch and above the Florida ground cover just far enough to easily see it on the tall pine but there is enough field of view with a slight sight adjustment to look down into the brush line.

By the time I had all the optics pointed at the birdhouse it was 1900 central and the sun was low and already into the tall pines approximately 30 degrees off the line of sight from the scope to the birdhouse. I’ve done some other tests on scopes at dusk with the same setup and you can really see how the scopes handle the flare control (if that’s the proper optical term) ie, the sun causes the scope to white-out to varying degrees. To complicate things even more, there are sodium vapor lights directly behind the birdhouse off in the distance.

I’m no optics expert, I just go by what my eyes tell me. I set all the scopes to approximately 12x (except for the Zeiss 2.5-10x50) and didn’t change them.

Overall, during the brightest portion of my “test” – all scopes did very well and in general the optics were comparable, the Steiner and Zeiss being top notch but the Razor and LRHS were also right there. This was only at 72 yards so no longer range optics evaluation yet. A couple of comments on both of the Zeiss scopes, how in the world do they make the Diavari’s so easy to look through, you immediately notice the difference looking through them with such a small black ring around the image!

The quickly fading low and the off angle sunlight really stresses scopes. The Steiner easily handled the adverse lighting with the Vortex coming in second and easily besting the Zeiss FL which was just a bit better than the LRHS with sunshade. I did play with the sunshades on the Vortex and LRHS for a couple of minutes which seemed to help a tad with the white-out effect. As expected, the Steiner with the bigger 56mm objective was the last to lose the birdhouse and it was very dark. The LRHS reticle on 12x was bold enough to make a shot into the brush line very late. If you use the LRHS on low power in the evening against a dark background the “donut of death” may be difficult to pick up if you are presented with a close up shot. I was surprised by the Zeiss Z800, it was nice and bold and I would have been able to make a shot at last light close in with it also. I liked the 2.5-10x50 Zeiss with the dot set to a very low level of brightness the best for closer in work at dusk. The Steiner is also able to adjust to a low enough brightness level to be used effectively at dusk but the Razor was too bright even at its lowest setting. Yes, different tools for different circumstances.

The LRHS parallax control was very good, the Razor was the worst as it had some start up friction before it settled while the Steiner and Zeiss were also very good. The click adjustments on the turrets of the LRHS and Razor were superb, the Steiner was less tactile. I may send the Steiner in to see if it had the turret upgrade performed since it was a demo unit that I purchased last year at this time. I didn’t perceive any tunneling effect on the LRHS when going from low to high power.

I was able to find a Leupold Mark 2 one piece mount locally and mounted the LRHS on a 450 Bushmaster that I hadn’t shot yet and gave it a go at K&M this past weekend. The optics were very bright and my earlier thoughts on the positive controls were affirmed. I was only able to squeeze off a few rounds and make one adjustment which seemed to track well, I say seemed because the next two shots were way off and left me scratching my noggin until I noticed the scope had slipped in the mount. I had the torque of the single ring screw on each side of the Leupold mount set to approximately 24 in lbs but it wasn’t enough for the recoil of the 450 Bushmaster. I stopped at that point as it was my wife’s birthday and she wanted to get to the beach (we had already shot 350 rounds of 9 and 10mm that morning)!

I’ll continue to evaluate the LRHS over the next few months and if there are any specific questions let me know and I’ll try to answer them. Thank you to George Gardner and Pat Sinclair for putting this scope together and to Bushnell for supporting the hunters out there!

Edge

Nice write up!!

The last shipment of LRHS scopes should be in next week. If you have not recieved a call it's because of this. This will be the last shipment so all will be gone for a while after this shipment. There are a few left available. PM or email if interested with your full name address and phone#.

[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my scope last week or so. It has an awesome low turret thats easy to grasp and offers positive tactile and audible clicks with no wiggle room. I love the capped windage knob and how easy it is to reset zero on that. i've looked through it and love the glass, I think its equivalent to the older nf nxs i have, but wont match the new atacr or beast. For the price, reticle, glass and features its an awesome deal. My only problem right now is i have nothing to mount it to as I'm waiting for gap to finish my 300 win and SAC to send my tikka t3(was 300wsm) in 6.5saum back to me. :) Will post photos when i get the scope mounted and go to the range.

28 March 2014; 0650-0715 CST; Texas

Nothing new, just initial thoughts and comparison.
Let me start by saying myself and Fongman have been shooting together for 14 years now. Have had the opportunity of shooting with a lot of good glass over the years...I never dreamed I would put a "Bushnell" on top of a SWS. Anyone who works for Bushnell or loves Bushnell, no offense intended.

Myself and Fongman compared the LRHS against a Schmidt & Bender PMII 3x12x50 (strictly to compare glass). Very low light this morning, and overcast.
Both scopes were on our SR's, mounted on tripods, focused on the same target.

Very impressed with the Reticle and the Elevation knob (crisp, very visible numbering and lines). Does not feel cheap; balanced well.
12 Power - Fongman and I were blown away with the amount of light this scope captured...it was as good, if not a little better than the 50mm SB (amazing!)
Clarity (edge to edge) at 12x was better in the LRHS (again, amazing!).

At 3x, the focus on depth of field was better in the SB as well as Color being a little more vivid. For me not a big issue, but to be fair.

I'm sure Fongman will chime in, but we were both NOT expecting to be this impressed with a "Bushnell". I really had a difficult time putting a Bushnell on my SR, but I'm very glad I did.
Hope this helps. George, thank you for ALL you did to put this together and getting the word out.

Stay safe, watch your six and God Bless,
Hornsby (D3)

Wow...I have a 300 WinMag non-typical ordered with GA Precision and I'm looking for an optic...I was going to go with Nightforce, but looking at this is making me reconsider my decision. I haven't been all too impressed with Bushnell scopes in the past, but it looks like they're seriously stepped their game up. Decisions, decisions....

scope002.jpg

A few hours ago.....my friend Kevin, working over a steel plate at 900 meters with my 6.5 SAUM, and new LRHS.

Thought for sure that more folks would have these mounted up and we would be seeing more reviews by now…

John

I think most Guys have them mounted up and waiting for the Weather to get nice. :)

Final shipment of scopes should be received by Wednesday, there are a few left, if your interested please PM me with your full Name address and Phone # to claim one we will call you to process the order.

Thanks

George
G.A. Precision

When someone posts a report, please show a pic of what the reticle looks like on 3x.

I would also like to see this. Is it as fine at lowest power as the 3.5-21 DMR?
That would be the 1 thing that may turn me off buying one.

George, will you ship to Australia?

Thought for sure that more folks would have these mounted up and we would be seeing more reviews by now…

John

Waiting for a rifle to show up before I take mine out. But I think I'm gonna have to throw it on something else and take it out. I just can't stand that its sitting here and I can't use it. Blizzard rolled in this morning, so more delays...

Got mine today, and wow, that's nice. Rifle isn't ready yet so I can't check it out, but I like the look and feel of this scope. The power ring and side focus turn easily, but not too easily. Really well designed and executed. The glass doesn't look like it's giving up much if anything to my Premier hunter.

does someone compare it with a 2.5-10 x32 nightforce?i'am in the market for a compact,reliable scope but don't know wich one!

Got mine today, and wow, that's nice. Rifle isn't ready yet so I can't check it out, but I like the look and feel of this scope. The power ring and side focus turn easily, but not too easily. Really well designed and executed. The glass doesn't look like it's giving up much if anything to my Premier hunter.

What ya putting it on ?

I can see Bushnell swinging the industry pendulum toward this design. They sure offer alot of advantages.

Everyone should have been called or Emailed or PM'd by now. If you want one please call Ken or Tracey at (816) 221-1844. I will leave this GB open till the end of the month and then close it and place the remaining scopes on our site shopping cart. Last chance to get a real nice compact Rangefinder retailing at $379 for $50.

There are a few left from guys that could not follow through with their purchase. So even if your not on the list there are some available!

Scope $1500 Shipped

Scope and Scout 1000 ARC Rangefinder $1550 shipped.

(816) 221-1844

Thanks

George

Love the specs on this scope. Definitely well thought out and should be great for a lightweight hunting rig. Fed-Ex is predicting a Tuesday delivery for me, so I should have it mounted and on the range by the weekend. Does anybody know the diameter of the power ring on this thing? I would like to order a switchview for it. I will measure it when it gets in and post it if I haven't heard before then.

If somebody links up a post in this thread where the info was already shared, then I apologize for missing it.

- bsd

Finally got my new scope mounted up and to the range. I've been sick as a dog and busy at work so I didn't have a lot of time to spend with it, but at least got the rifle zeroed and sent few rounds down range. I was very happy to see it had very generous eye relief. Put mine in a set of Seekins low rings on a Gap V2 6 Creedmoor. After bore sighting, it was a mil high and dead on for windage. The range I was shooting at faces due East and I was shooting straight into the sunrise. I was extremely surprised I had no problems cleary seeing my target facing into the sun, without the sunshade on. I could see nothing but glare though the spotter. Like I said, I didn't get to play with it much, but I'm more than happy with it so far...

It looks like the 176SV1 would probably work. It has a range of 1.720 - 1.760". Unfortunately, they are on backorder so it may be a while before we can confirm this. I will post here when I get a chance to try it out.

- bsd

At first, I was very excited to see these come out.
It has nearly everything one would want, though I would prefer a bit more magnification (3-15).

It is PRIMARILY a hunting scope, but listed a tactical/hunting.
I was interested in it as a DMR type scope, but the lack of illumination is a deal breaker.
A real shame, as everything else is so well designed.

At the risk of derailing the thread into a discussion of hunting laws vs game warden opinion...

Some of us live in areas where the game wardens believe that illuminated reticles are illegal for hunting and have said that they will confiscate firearms found with them. Some of us also travel into states and countries where we may encounter wardens of a similar bent.

For me, the potential hassle is simply not worth the dubious benefit, for hunting, of an illuminated reticle, even if I ultimately prevailed in court. It could ruin an entire trip or worse.

From a tactical viewpoint, I can see how a lighted reticle would be optimal. However, this is really a hunting scope whatever name Bushnell might select for it. It might make sense to have an illuminated tactical model when they release the 4-16x version.

For the record, I did purchase one of these. I would not have if it had an illuminated reticle.

- bsd

Got mine last week. My initial impression is this is one incredible scope. Crystal clear glass, turrets are crisp. I generally prefer simple reticles, and I thought this one would be a little "busy" for my taste, but looking through it and ranging a few things around the farm, I feel this reticle will grow on me pretty fast. This is also the first FFP scope I have ever owned, and I'm finding that to be a nice touch as well. About the only downside I can see is that it's a bit heavy, but at the same time it feels built very solid and can take some banging around. I can hardly wait for my GAP non typical to be finished so I can get this bad boy mounted and see what it'll do. George, thanks for a great deal and quick shipping.

Damn I want one of these! Too broke right at the moment. I will be getting one of these before too awful long! ;)