• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Optic From Bushnell, The LRHS

I looked at Holy Cow's LRHS when he had it and it's a very nice piece of glass. For the money I think they're very hard to beat. I do however, foresee these being available in the for sale section well under 1K. I would imagine in the next 6-12 months these will be going for the 600-800 range frequently in the for sale section. The new Steiner is going to be a really nice optic in the $1500 range. NF 2.5-10x32 can be had for just over 1K used etc. I think the thing hurting the Bushy is the fact that it's a Bushy.

The NF is not FFP. People who are looking for a mid power range hunting/tactical scope are generaly want FFP.

A 2.5-10x24 or 32 NF FFP would be on my wish list if NF would pull their heads out of their asses.

You can get the 3-12x44 FFP in G2 for around $700 with mil discount. Yada yada we know this is a different scope, but all I really see is a better turret system and zero stops. This should be a $700-800 scope. Anything more and its not even close to worth it.

I'd like to know how many people here are giving the Bushnell LRHS scope an unfair "review" when they have never used one, or shot with one?

Looking thru one in your local gun shop is not using one. I have one on my extreme hunter and so far I love the scope for hunting. You could even make it a great semi auto optic.
After shooting with it I fully see what George picked this reticle design. It's fast and easy to track a moving animal. I think retail wise this scope is justifiable in the $1000-$1200 range.

I've only looked through the scope and played with the turrets for a minute. I thought it was a very nice scope. I'm currently considering one for a rifle I have. I think people are a just a little pissed that the price on these already dropped 30% and they've only been out a few months.

The NF is not FFP. People who are looking for a mid power range hunting/tactical scope are generaly want FFP.

A 2.5-10x24 or 32 NF FFP would be on my wish list if NF would pull their heads out of their asses.

You can get the 3-12x44 FFP in G2 for around $700 with mil discount. Yada yada we know this is a different scope, but all I really see is a better turret system and zero stops. This should be a $700-800 scope. Anything more and its not even close to worth it.

I would also like to see a NF 2.5-10x24,32,42 etc in FFP. I have a 2.5-10x24 with capped MOA turrets and it's still my favorite scope I've ever had. Small, light, good glass and will work on a variety of rifles. That being said it not being FFP isn't a deal breaker for me as it is for some. For hunting applications dialing with the turrets isn't an issue. If an animal is far enough to warrant the 10x or 12x I'm going to dial anyway. That's just me.

I would also agree with KYS. Given the features of the LRHS I think the 1K price is justifiable. These are currently going for less in the for sale section though.

I've only looked through the scope and played with the turrets for a minute. I thought it was a very nice scope. I'm currently considering one for a rifle I have. I think people are a just a little pissed that the price on these already dropped 30% and they've only been out a few months.

Understood but a price drop usually always happens after sales are evaluated. If they want to move the item they do what is necessary to get them sold.

I'd like to know how many people here are giving the Bushnell LRHS scope an unfair "review" when they have never used one, or shot with one?

Looking thru one in your local gun shop is not using one. I have one on my extreme hunter and so far I love the scope for hunting. You could even make it a great semi auto optic.
After shooting with it I fully see what George picked this reticle design. It's fast and easy to track a moving animal. I think retail wise this scope is justifiable in the $1000-$1200 range.

I have both the LRHS and the less costly 3-12x44 FFP/G2. I've used the LRHS at the range and a competition, and it has worked great so far. My take on the scope:

-I paid just under $1k and I think that's a fair price for the glass and features. If I had paid $1500 I would be unhappy. It's a great scope but it's not $1500 great. In fact, if I had bought one at $1500 I would probably use the 1-year satisfaction guarantee to return my scope, get $1500 back, and then go pick up an identical new replacement for the $1k-ish street price. Bushnell might want to consider a price adjustment / price match policy before they have a flood of people doing just that.

-at $1k, I think its among the best scopes and values at that price. It absolutely blows away a Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x, and has much better glass and feel of quality than a Vortex Viper PST.

-The elevation turret is great in every respect. I would take it over just about any other turrets I've used, including Nightforce and Steiner Military. Time will tell on its durability, but given who makes it and who had a hand in designing it, I expect it to be very durable.

-Owning both flavors of the FFP 3-12x44, I can say that the LRHS definitely has better glass in terms of clarity and absence of CA, but other than that improvement it seems as if it's the same in magnification and FOV. For the price and quality of scope, I would have liked less of a black ring around the image (not tunneling, which it has none, just the black ring between scope image and your peripheral vision).

-The reticle is perfect for the scope's intended use of hunting. For my range use I'd rather have the original G2, but that's not the advertised purpose of this scope, and the two reticles are not much different anyway. I'm moving the LRHS over to a hunting rifle shortly, where it will be perfect.

The LRHS is a great scope at current street prices. Its introduction was a bit of a charlie-foxtrot between the price, the weight and the parallax range, but the end result is still a great scope for anyone not disappointed from expectations before its final production design. I'll look forward to the higher magnification tactical flavor that has been mentioned, although I won't be buying at the initial price! BTW, that caveat may also apply to the Steiner T5 and any other scope that is announced with feature set X... wait and see the scope that's actually for sale to you.

Last edited:
Sorry, this is what I was talking about, it's the first I've heard of it myself, so I don't know if it's a one off or common quirk of the LRHS.

I used this scope today in competition. I am quite impressed but entirely agree with Someotherguy's comments. Its good for a grand but not a grand and a half.
I was concerned before purchase that the reticle would be too fine at low power and "disappear" like the G2DMR. The circle in center appealed to me but now think it's unnecessary.
At lowest magnification, the reticle is easily picked up for fast aquisition shots.
This scope is on my all-rounder and is a good choice for both hunting and my type of range competition, however I would have prefered a max of 14x. Shooting steel today in the worst possible conditions at 500m it "looked through the rain" better than the nightforce that was right beside me.
The turret reset could be improved but shouldn't turn you off buying one.
In conclusion, it's a no-frills, no- bullshit long range hunting scope that is just what I've been wanting and would happily buy another.

I may be alone but I prefer to have SFP in the 2.5-10 range. Inside 200 yards there is almost never a time where I need to hold for elevation, windage, or range a target (if anyone even does that anymore). Beyond that range, I am 99% of the time going to have my scope cranked to 10X so SFP doesn't hold me back. To me, the benefits of FFP scopes really don't come into play until you get to powers in the 15x-22x range.

Last edited:
Any word if there are going to be reticle options for this scope in the future, like the original g2?

Have not been able to try my LRHS yet (OCONUS) but here it is mounted on my 300WM that Dave Lauck (DL SPORTS) built for me recently as a LR style hunt rig. I am confident that it will work out just fine, only thing I see happening is wanting a little more mag like maybe 15 or 18x but time will tell once I actually get to use it in the field. If that is the case I think it will work perfect on my 6.5 Grendel AR for Coyotes.
zkomq1.jpg

I used this scope today in competition. I am quite impressed but entirely agree with Someotherguy's comments. Its good for a grand but not a grand and a half.
I was concerned before purchase that the reticle would be too fine at low power and "disappear" like the G2DMR. The circle in center appealed to me but now think it's unnecessary.
At lowest magnification, the reticle is easily picked up for fast aquisition shots.
This scope is on my all-rounder and is a good choice for both hunting and my type of range competition, however I would have prefered a max of 14x. Shooting steel today in the worst possible conditions at 500m it "looked through the rain" better than the nightforce that was right beside me.
The turret reset could be improved but shouldn't turn you off buying one.
In conclusion, it's a no-frills, no- bullshit long range hunting scope that is just what I've been wanting and would happily buy another.

Cheers mate, I was actually surprised to see them for sale under a grand in Australia tbh.

I've been reading a few threads on these scopes. I'm sort of looking for a new scope... I currently like my Trijicon Accupoints for hunting rifles as I've found their image to be great, and they are relatively forgiving for eyebox when shouldering for a shot.

Do any of you have the Accupoint 2.5-10x56 and can say how this scope compares for image, etc.?

Here's mine , its on a CZ 22 Hornet at the moment , and its great for slotting magpies at long range , and yes , its a 1k scope , NOT a 1.2 , 1.5k scope .
I would like the next one the 4-16x50 to use a 34mm tube & double turn E knob , would also like a little 1.5-6x42mm , 30mm tube jobbie for close range guns as well .

If the Steiner holds the price its rumoured at , bushy will have no wiggle room in the 1.5k price point .

Hey guys I have been watching this thread and am glad that everyone is liking them.

Id like to share some information on the price and explain why you guys are seeing them selling lower than MAP.

Bushnell has a MAP Policy, Myself, Euro Optics, and and dealers set up with Bushnell cannot sell below MAP meaning I cannot advertise, web sell, forum sell otherwise list publicly any price lower than MAP.

There are lots of Small Companies, Internet Companies, Basement dealers Etc that buy scopes under the table through other distributors and then sell them for $20-50 over cost as fast as they can. They are not held to MAP and Bushnell has a hard time controlling who their distributors sell to. Affect - IE "Street Pricing" This is not a with just Bushnell but any Company that has a MAP or Retail contract with there dealers.

All I can do is offer some of these products that I help Bushnell with a few months sooner than others.

Hope this explains it to guys wondering why prices seem all over the place.

BTW there is a new Scope in this line for 2015, I just got the Prototype, its a 4.5x18 power and there is an MOA/MOA MOA Version for the guys that asked for it. So don't dought whether Bushnell listened to you guys :)

Posting pics in another thread now

I have been looking at this scope which hovers around 1k and a s&b 3-12x 42mm klassik. This will go on my sako finnbear hunting rifle. Do you think this scope compares to the s&b (1100 used) in clarity and eye relief. For some reason I'm leaning towards the lrhs but my head is telling me to go with the klassik series.

I have been looking at this scope which hovers around 1k and a s&b 3-12x 42mm klassik. This will go on my sako finnbear hunting rifle. Do you think this scope compares to the s&b (1100 used) in clarity and eye relief. For some reason I'm leaning towards the lrhs but my head is telling me to go with the klassik series.

Answer is really on the ranges you want to shoot, the S&B is a Hunter and has no field adjustments. Im sure the glass is great in the S&B. If your shooting inside 350 M Id toss a coin, if your plans are for Long range Hunting, then the LRHS is the way to go.

When is the 4.5-18x coming out in 2015. This scope would be great for hunting at 4.5 to 6x and being 18x I can use it for long range matches (pala). The only downside is deer season opens up in October.

Switchview installed

I received the Switchview 172-176SV2 from Eurooptic today and mounted it up.

14962701971_df466f987b_c.jpg

14779267677_964f80b3ac_c.jpg

14965808115_160b641d55_c.jpg

Fits fine

- bsd

That's why I asked Fongman. Looks like the (2) is completely different from the one in the photo. Thank you.

I ordered the SV1 from Eurooptic at this link. What I received was the SV2. It fits fine and I am perfectly happy with it. The install took all of five minutes three of which was looking for the small screw after I dropped in the carpet.

-bsd

That's why I asked Fongman. Looks like the (2) is completely different from the one in the photo. Thank you.

I ordered the SV1 from Eurooptic at this link. What I received was the SV2. It fits fine and I am perfectly happy with it. The install took all of five minutes three of which was looking for the small screw after I dropped in the carpet.

-bsd

Weird, was just now cleaning up some messes in my shop and came across the empty packaging from my Switchview. It says SV2 on it. I ordered SV1. My electronic receipt from MGM says SV1, but what shipped and what's working is the SV2.

I'm guessing that's the replacement model that now includes the ball and socket ring.

Sorry for the confusion.

I was at the range today and noticed an interesting issue with the Switchview installed on my LRHS. I was doing load development for my .270 Win at 200 yds so I had the power cranked. I noticed that after each shot, the zoom ring had rotated counterclockwise. After 3 shots, it would be back to 9x to 10x instead of the 12x I started with. I was shooting prone off a well loaded bipod, so I am certain that the rifle wasn't rotating under recoil.

Not a problem per se, just interesting. I hadn't noted this before I installed the Switchview, but I don't think that I was shooting max magnification before this.

- bsd

I was shooting prone off a well loaded bipod, so I am certain that the rifle wasn't rotating under recoil.

I'd like to see some high speed video of that shooting. Great technique or not, I suspect your rifle is slightly rotating with each shot (from the torque of the bullet engaging the rifling) and that the Switchview, putting an asymmetrical weight on the zoom ring, is causing the change in magnification.

I did notice that the zoom ring moves with relatively little effort on my LRHS, but not so little that I think it's too light.

I had a weird experience the other day with my new LHRS. I came back from the range and whent to take the sun shade off, it stuck a little and when I put a little more muscle to it the whole objective lens unit unscrewed out. I put it back together and it seems fine. I am not sure if I should call and see if I damaged it or wait and see if something goes wrong?

Just got my LRHS a couple weeks ago. Now sitting on my Tikka in Talley lightweights. No range time till next week to zero and dial drops with my hunting loads. Pretty stoked for sure.

Ravenfi. Same thing happened to me. I didn't let it unscrew all the way. Tightened it back up and held it to get the sunshade off. Did you call them? In a week I'll be in the brooks range if it fogs....... I'm screwed.

Idahoorion

Idahoorian, I spoke to CS this morning, there main concern was parallax could be out of alignment. They didn't express concern over air getting in the system, but they did say to send it in and it would be a 3-4 week turn around time.

Ravenfi, thanks for that info. I'll likely not be doing that till late this year. I checked 100 and 500 yards yesterday and it was on, so going with that. Hope to send a critter photo in the crosshairs on return.

thanks again for call em

Idahoorion

No problem, I checked mine at 100 and 175 and it was also dead on. I too am going to wait till after the season. I got a 10 pointer I hope to put in the crosshairs with any luck.