• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New paint job

Firemarshall27

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2003
Stoutsville, Ohio,
DSC04347.jpg
DSC04348.jpg
DSC04340.jpg
DSC04341.jpg
DSC04349.jpg
DSC04342.jpg

Re: New paint job

Love that paint man. Also the atlas pod is tits. What, in your estimation, is the ID of the night vison mount? Would 1.25 clear the ID? Ive been kicking the idea around but I have a no taper bull on mine.

Is the forward bibod/NV mount attached to the barrel? or does it connect to the stock and free float around the barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the forward bibod/NV mount attached to the barrel? or does it connect to the stock and free float around the barrel</div></div> It is attached to the stock and free floats around the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rwest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love that paint man. Also the atlas pod is tits. What, in your estimation, is the ID of the night vison mount? Would 1.25 clear the ID? Ive been kicking the idea around but I have a no taper bull on mine. </div></div> With out taking it off to get an exact measurment. I think I'm clase with my calipers at 1.200in. My barrel is 1.16in were it comes out of the IMNUS and its pretty close you could not get much bigger.

Its weird how the paint looks different in the cameras eye compared to mine when you look at it outside the OD paint looks like it matches with the camera it looks off. the barrel and action are OD KG coating and the scope and acc. are OD Krylon. Oh well the whole thing looks better in real life

Love the camo job on the stock. Did you DIY? If so how about a play by play on how to.

+1 on the Play by Play. I have an AICS 2.0 coming in this week for one of my long actions and have been thinking about a custom Camo job. I would be curious as to the steps or "process" if you would not mind sharing.....

Thanks, Started with green skins, and just used clumps of the tall grass you see around in landscaping just kept overlaying the colors tan, od green, brown, black till I got the look I liked. Very simple. Anything else let me know. Used Krylon ultra flat camo paint with a mat clear coat.

Thanks,
I will try that on some cardboard tomorrow and see what it looks like. I have several of those colors in Alumahyde already so I may try that when I do the stock.

I appreciate the info....

Who makes the NV mount?I have a McM A4 with a Kengs Versa Pod mounted to a Bipod Spud (epoxied in the end of the forend similar to your set up) The mount looks like it might work on my rig.

Stock paint and colors looks really nice. But I just don't have enough "huevos" to paint my scopes. I guess I can always remove paint from the stock and action if I decide different, but removing paint from the scope panics me because of the seals.
Looks good. It appears to be four colors with green as your base?

Could you show how you attached the rear portion of the Tab sling to the stock? I tried the HK version, but I like the more traditional method, and I don't know how to attach the rear swivel. Thanks, Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carmine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could you show how you attached the rear portion of the Tab sling to the stock? I tried the HK version, but I like the more traditional method, and I don't know how to attach the rear swivel. Thanks, Mark </div></div>

It is just drilled and taped in to the thickest part of the stock i'll try to get you some pics!

The non-painted knobs are kind of throwing me off, but that's just me, the two-tone look might grow on me, but as too the natural camo, it looks good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frank356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That rife looks hot!
I love the Muzzle brake. Where did you get it and what has it got written on the end of it?

Cheers,

Frank</div></div>

Its a Badger FTE brake "Front Toward Enemy"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much does that thing weigh?

</div></div> About 18lbs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FootSoldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a looker!

What length is the barrel finished at? </div></div> 24"

how long did it take to do.i have a rifle that i am thinking of doing a paint job on.just cant decide on the technique or sceme to use

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teambarlar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how long did it take to do.i have a rifle that i am thinking of doing a paint job on.just cant decide on the technique or sceme to use</div></div>

I did the skins in about 15min or so. The scope took a little more time just taping off everything takes the most time. The reciever and barrel were done by my smith they are done in KG coating everything else is OD krylon. In real life the paint on the two matches up real well you can hardley tell. I dont know why the camera makes the paint look that.