• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New! PGM rifles in the USA

Re: New! PGM rifles in the USA

Well, if the B&T APR is any idication, these rifles are very expensive. I was curious to see what the cost of the B&T APR was, and I was quoted between $8500 and $8800 depending on the kit. Kit does not include optics. And this was when the Canadian dollar was on par with the US dollar.

Has anyone received MSRP prices and current availability on these rifles? My email seems to have fallen into a SPAM filter somewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Station</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Julien, any info on the lens cap you have on the SB eyepeice? </div></div>

Anchor,

Than is a polarizer by Tenebraex. I believe that they are LEO only though. I ended up with one but have not used it in the field to see if it works (for seeing better through glass).

http://camouflage.com/pdf/pola_lsu-stz_data.pdf

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MtGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Anchor,

Than is a polarizer by Tenebraex. I believe that they are LEO only though. I ended up with one but have not used it in the field to see if it works (for seeing better through glass).

http://camouflage.com/pdf/pola_lsu-stz_data.pdf

Pat </div></div>
Pat,
Julien let me spotting through his polarizer, last meeting here "somewhere in France", and I have to say that, most of the ability, to see through reflecting surfaces such as water and windows, the main benefit i noticed was more contrasted targets. As the device filter high light such as reflected sunbeam rays.
It should also protect eyes, from stress and tiredness, during long field practice behind the scope (hours).

Will replacement parts for those imported by FN be availble through them?

How about replacement barrles?

Tenebraex Polarizer

TenebraexPolarizer.gif

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will replacement parts for those imported by FN be availble through them?

How about replacement barrles? </div></div>

No.

Has anyone received MSRP prices and current availability on these rifles?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SCARSSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will replacement parts for those imported by FN be availble through them?

How about replacement barrles? </div></div>

No.</div></div>

Do Know why?

Hello
The new supplier could be imported replacement parts from PGM.
Only barrel in military caliber (308W) is impossible to import. US gvt don't want to import these caliber in the country!!
7.08 and 260R are less dangerous..... ;-)

Julien,

Would you happen to have additional contact information for the USA importer?

I have gotten no response from them at all in regards to my queries.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Julien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new supplier could be imported replacement parts from PGM. </div></div>

Good News!

Oh Yea..........Lots of great PGM photos on your web site Julien. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Julien,

Would you happen to have additional contact information for the USA importer?

I have gotten no response from them at all in regards to my queries.

Thanks</div></div>

oh!
I will inform the manager in France!

The phrase "still born" comes to mind.

Too bad as I have an intrest in one but who knows?!

Dave P

I had one of the few Ultitma Ratio .308 with the cooling finns on the barrel back around 2004-2005. I believe I paid $8,500 for it.

We shoot Federal Gold Match, Black hills, Horny TAP and Remington Match through that rifle and we could never get it to shoot under MOA (more like 1 1/2moa).
My buddy had the 16" version and it would barely shoot MOA at 100m. It looked cool I guess.
I have a few pics laying around somewhere.

[img:left]
IMG_0119.jpg
[/img]

might be cheaper to fly to France and buy it there with all the paperwork done in advance.

kinda like people buying bimmers in Germany
smile.gif

I am trying to work with Drake Industries which is the US PGM Rep/Importer on pricing. I will keep you informed....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Julien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've no idea about price in the USA, ask:
DRAKE ASSOCIATES NY state
You can contact Bob and Christopher DRAKE at [email protected]

this is the only point that I can't answer!!

308W isn't imported.
U.S. laws prohibit the import of Otan caliber.
But you can find a good gunsmith in the USA.

I believe the 308 will be imported, however..the rifle comes in 300 Sabvage, so all you need to do is run a 308/ 7.62x51 reamer in the 300 and you are GTG.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Julien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello
The new supplier could be imported replacement parts from PGM.
Only barrel in military caliber (308W) is impossible to import. US gvt don't want to import these caliber in the country!!
7.08 and 260R are less dangerous..... ;-) </div></div>

It's also impossible to get a 308 barrel out of France, export ban. You can buy a 300 Savage barrel and have the chamber reamed to 308 by a competent gunsmith.
Other calibers available from the factory are 7mm08Rem (9.5"), 260Rem (9"), 300Sav (12"), 6.5x47 Lapua (8"), Norma 6XC (8")
In Europe price of a PGM Ultima Ratio is 4000€, complete with bipod. A Accuracy AW with similar features is 4600€. A seperate PGM barrel is 750€,

From the PGM website:
We have some exciting news to share.
The US Army International Sniper Competition is currently using a photo of the PGM.338LM PSR as the main photo for the promotional advertisement created to support the US Army Sniper School and the US Army Sniper Association.

We are very proud and pleased that this is the image that they are using.
The weapon will also be used by an elite US Army Special Forces Sniper Detachment.

2010_INT_SNIPER_B-500.jpg

I had been emailing Drake a year or so ago about distributing/marketing PGM rifles until he sent me a price list. These rifles are VERY expensive and the US market wil be EXTREMELY limited due to pricing. The Ultima Ratio- short action calibers is over $10,000 the 338 a fair amount more.One can get an AI or TRG in 308 and 338 for the price of one PGM.

Copy the stock design and drop a Badger M2008 barreled action into it for $3500 and now you have a hot ticket IMO.

Nice rifles, I hope the price is within my budget.