• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Powders

Cat64

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2013
North Louisiana
Hi there,

Went today to the local gun show. Looking for a good deal on powders I run into this guy selling a wide variety of powders for just about everything. I asked if he has the N570. Well, he didn’t but pointed me towards a new line of powder by IMR /Enduron. In a little booklet I got from him they advertise, among others, IMR 7977 (for 300 WM, 7mm Rem Mag, and 338 LM; comparable to H1000), and IMR 8133 (for 6.5-300 Weatherby, 264 WM, 28 Nosler, 300 RUM; comparable to H Retumbo). Anyone tried them yet? On what application and what are the observed results? Just curious since the guy at the show told me this is the new direction.

Thanks to all and a good weekend,

The enduron 4451 has been treating me well in my 260.
Haven’t played with the slower enduron powders yet.

I thînk the 7977 has been used successfully when H1000 was scarce.

Hodgdon’s load data site has been showing both of those for some time now. I bet they work just fine, like their faster brothers 4166/4451/4955

I've been doing some testing with 7977 and 8133, but haven't been terribly impressed so far.

In 338 Win Mag, 300 Win Mag, 7 LRM, and 338 LM AI, I just haven't been seeing the speed and/or accuracy that I'd been hoping for. I'm not blaming the powder(s) at this point, but that's the experience that I've had so far.