• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New press announcement from Area 419

I feel your pain, reloading is a second hobby to shooting, but I've got arthritis in my hands. The RCBS Bench primer works very well and is easier on your hands. I also find using a progressive press is a lot easier, one round per pull of the handle. One other thing to consider, using a small press like the 419, Harrel or an arbor press to load just a few precision rounds rather than bulk ammo production.
Thanks for the heads up on the RCBS model. I was only aware of the CPS. I'm still in the research phase since previously all I reloaded was handgun ammunition and shotshells. This would be my first foray into shouldered cases.

Reactions: wbbh
I’ve watched the video a few times. More tempting each watch.

I find it unbelievable there's a market for a $1200 press. $1200 for a reloading press......let that sink in. I use a CO-AX press with a Redding Premium 3-die set for my 6.5 CM and Forster with BR seater for 223 and my bullet runout with either is almost always .000" with nothing going over .001". I just don't see how it can get any better than that regardless of money. That along with the quick die change and shell holder adjustment makes me wonder why anyone would look elsewhere for a press. The Forster CO-AX can be found for less than $300.

That's my thoughts on this tool.

I find it unbelievable there's a market for a $1200 press. $1200 for a reloading press......let that sink in. I use a CO-AX press with a Redding Premium 3-die set for my 6.5 CM and Forster with BR seater for 223 and my bullet runout with either is almost always .000" with nothing going over .001". I just don't see how it can get any better than that regardless of money. That along with the quick die change and shell holder adjustment makes me wonder why anyone would look elsewhere for a press. The Forster CO-AX can be found for less than $300.

People like nice things. Same reason why there’s a market for Bentley. Why would someone get a Bentley when a Merc is just as nice? Gotta show off that privilege bro.

Cray cray! I would rather pay for an amp annealer before this one. Looks like it is sturdy and well built, but 1200 bucks yikes!

Have you seen Mark 7 reloading presses? The cheapest option is $3,000. Granted, these are progressive presses, but still... $1200 isn't that crazy in the grand scheme of things. It only seems crazy when you compare it to the existing $300 cast single stage presses.

What I'm really curious about is... will people who use Dillon and Mark 7 progressive presses successfully (usually measuring & filling cases with powder by hand) see a benefit here? Switching to a single stage will definitely be slower, but, perhaps, provides benefits when it comes to precision.

Then again, to get a new toolhead, shell plate, case feeder plate, etc. setup for a Dillon 1050/1100 or Mark 7 Evolution is going to run you around $500-$600 anyway. So, an extra $600 isn't all that much more to have a separate, dedicated press for precision stuff while keeping the progressive for churning out bulk pistol and .223 ammo.

Last edited:

Cool story bro

People like nice things. Same reason why there’s a market for Bentley. Why would someone get a Bentley when a Merc is just as nice? Gotta show off that privilege bro.
That's true but still you have to look at what you are getting for the money spent and other options that do the same job. I know you didn't say, but I am in no what knocking Area 419 or their products, quality and support, I simply cannot get over such a high price for a single stage reloading press.

That's true but still you have to look at what you are getting for the money spent and other options that do the same job. I know you didn't say, but I am in no what knocking Area 419 or their products, quality and support, I simply cannot get over such a high price for a single stage reloading press.
You should spend some time in a machine shop for perspective. At 1200.00 per unit, it's probably going to be a little bit before they start to profit. Most likely
it's machined out of a solid block of aluminum. There's no telling how much time those guys have in prototyping, programming, and proofing out
the program. I'd guess they threw quite a bit of large chunks of AL in the scrap bin.
Just because you don't see the value in a piece such as Area 419's press doesn't mean it's overpriced. Lot's of folks think their Athlon is as good as a
ZCO or TT.
And yes, I have one on order, because I like nice things, and mainly because I can.

So, stop posting in this thread then. It’s clearly not for you and you aren’t doing any good complaining about the price of something you’ll never buy.

You’re absolutely knocking them. This is the same thing as “no offense, but.”

Have an issue with the price or what you get for it, email them your concern or just don’t buy it. No need to complain about it publicly for no reason.

Last edited:
It is a super cool press, I hope it produces fantastic ammunition. As for the price, considering the machining and the inovation, it's not unreasonable.

If someone has the cash to buy one, good on them, even if you haven't the absolute need, it would be great to own such precise machine.

Funny thing is the 419 guy explained this stuff to me and I was curious about the issues with the co-ax inconsistency and asked about it. I wasnt arguing I am trying to understand where the issue is so I can possibly address it on my press.
Dude I spent 2700$ on titanium chainmail so I can run around in a camp with a rubber sword yelling "lightning bolt" at LARP, trust me I am not judging the 1200 dollar price tag I am curious what makes it "tick".

Not what I expected when reading about LARPing in the SH community.

A man of culture.

Reactions: avastcosmicarena
I was on a waiting list for the prazi press but man this Zero press looks like better engineering. I just pre-ordered a Zero press. Thing looks like a modern press should look not like my grandpas press and I know it will exceed expectations. Cant wait for this press man. As for this thread man. Why is everyone so butt hurt about the price tag? Noones forcing you ta buy it loool. Ain't like health insurance just doubled in price. Plus the prazi press is 950 euro shipped for the 120mm which is about $1100 usd id pay $1200 for this press. Like every thing high end your at a point of deminishing return.

Why is everyone so butt hurt about the price tag?
Because people are assholes and like to use any justification they can to trash talk new products that they have zero experience with. Also, they don't like it when new things come out that might be world class, because then it puts pressure on them to buy it and they don't like that. They know if they want to stay in the "cool kids club" they'll have to buy it.

It's always the same. When the auto-trickler stuff started showing up, a bunch of people used it as justification to NOT buy a Prometheus. So they tell themselves the extra several thousand bucks is a waste. They don't have a clue, as they've never used a Prometheus... but as long as they can convince themselves they don't need it, then they feel justified in trying to convince others they don't either.

Still to this day there are people that claim our Competition Primer Seater is too expensive and their chosen hand primer is "better." Years after this 419 press is released there will be dumbasses on this forum claiming their rock chucker is just as good. Post after post of those same inexperienced assholes that have never laid a finger on the thing they are commenting on, with their mouths wide open and a river of bullshit pouring out of it. Here again we see a product that is making claims of vast improvements with a marginal increase or straight comparative price in relation to its closest competitors... and people want to make comments all the while never having TOUCHED it. If there is any sure fire way of identifying individuals with substandard brain power, it is those people making declarative comparative statements about something they've never even touched. It happened to me every time we launched a product, and people were happy to remain silent. Well, Area419 has my support in so far as I will NOT remain silent.

For those of you trash talking this press, if you think there's just a mega pile of money they are making on this press, you're truly even dumber than you seem. The raw materials, bearings, and individual component cost are substantial. That's to say nothing of tooling, fixturing, and machine time. Yet since people are mostly uninformed inexperienced idiots, they don't know what it actually takes to machine those components and the costs associated with providing a completed product. So it's easier to just attempt to dismiss it outright so they can alleviate themselves from wanting it. If they can just convince themselves its not really better, and that it's a waste of money, then they don't have the pressure of gathering money for it. The more other people they can convince to sit with them in that position, the more confident they feel. Like a herd of lemmings. Anyone that knows the tiniest bit about actually bringing machined products to the marketplace can see the $1200 price tag for something with the kinds of tolerances they are advertising is CHEAP! Frankly, I don't know how they plan to make any money at that price point. They must either be going to run a shit load of them at a time, or it's a pure passion project where financial considerations come second. I know something about that second option. ;) If they are running a ton of them, then the investment is HUGE. If they are running a few of them, then there's almost no way the math pencils out at $1200. Either way, complaining about price flags you as a massive loser that doesn't have any experience with machining and ALSO as someone that has no ability to generate money or manage it properly.

I don't know if this press will be what they say it will be. It probably will be. If I want to find out, I'll buy one. What I won't do is talk about it negatively in ANY capacity until I've actually used it. Meanwhile I'll sit here and watch as the herd of "this other thing is good enough for me" lemmings continue to throw feces at anyone not sitting in the mediocrity bandwagon. Any company pushing the upper boundaries rather than catering to the trash tier will have my support.

In my opinion, 419 should have made it all out of high end stainless steel and delivered it nitrided and charged 2x as much money for it. I'd buy one like that. I'm SICK TO DEATH of compromises made in product design in an attempt to placate the low to mid level consumer base.

Here's a novel thought: Can't afford it? Don't want to afford it? Keep your fucking mouth shut, because nothing you have to say about it (not one thing) matters to anyone that CAN afford it or WANTS to afford it.

Because people are assholes and like to use any justification they can to trash talk new products that they have zero experience with. Also, they don't like it when new things come out that might be world class, because then it puts pressure on them to buy it and they don't like that. They know if they want to stay in the "cool kids club" they'll have to buy it.

It's always the same. When the auto-trickler stuff started showing up, a bunch of people used it as justification to NOT buy a Prometheus. So they tell themselves the extra several thousand bucks is a waste. They don't have a clue, as they've never used a Prometheus... but as long as they can convince themselves they don't need it, then they feel justified in trying to convince others they don't either.

Still to this day there are people that claim our Competition Primer Seater is too expensive and their chosen hand primer is "better." Years after this 419 press is released there will be dumbasses on this forum claiming their rock chucker is just as good. Post after post of those same inexperienced assholes that have never laid a finger on the thing they are commenting on, with their mouths wide open and a river of bullshit pouring out of it. Here again we see a product that is making claims of vast improvements with a marginal increase or straight comparative price in relation to its closest competitors... and people want to make comments all the while never having TOUCHED it. If there is any sure fire way of identifying individuals with substandard brain power, it is those people making declarative comparative statements about something they've never even touched. It happened to me every time we launched a product, and people were happy to remain silent. Well, Area419 has my support in so far as I will NOT remain silent.

For those of you trash talking this press, if you think there's just a mega pile of money they are making on this press, you're truly even dumber than you seem. The raw materials, bearings, and individual component cost are substantial. That's to say nothing of tooling, fixturing, and machine time. Yet since people are mostly uninformed inexperienced idiots, they don't know what it actually takes to machine those components and the costs associated with providing a completed product. So it's easier to just attempt to dismiss it outright so they can alleviate themselves from wanting it. If they can just convince themselves its not really better, and that it's a waste of money, then they don't have the pressure of gathering money for it. The more other people they can convince to sit with them in that position, the more confident they feel. Like a herd of lemmings. Anyone that knows the tiniest bit about actually bringing machined products to the marketplace can see the $1200 price tag for something with the kinds of tolerances they are advertising is CHEAP! Frankly, I don't know how they plan to make any money at that price point. They must either be going to run a shit load of them at a time, or it's a pure passion project where financial considerations come second. I know something about that second option. ;) If they are running a ton of them, then the investment is HUGE. If they are running a few of them, then there's almost no way the math pencils out at $1200. Either way, complaining about price flags you as a massive loser that doesn't have any experience with machining and ALSO as someone that has no ability to generate money or manage it properly.

I don't know if this press will be what they say it will be. It probably will be. If I want to find out, I'll buy one. What I won't do is talk about it negatively in ANY capacity until I've actually used it. Meanwhile I'll sit here and watch as the herd of "this other thing is good enough for me" lemmings continue to throw feces at anyone not sitting in the mediocrity bandwagon. Any company pushing the upper boundaries rather than catering to the trash tier will have my support.

In my opinion, 419 should have made it all out of high end stainless steel and delivered it nitrided and charged 2x as much money for it. I'd buy one like that. I'm SICK TO DEATH of compromises made in product design in an attempt to placate the low to mid level consumer base.

Here's a novel thought: Can't afford it? Don't want to afford it? Keep your fucking mouth shut, because nothing you have to say about it (not one thing) matters to anyone that CAN afford it or WANTS to afford it.

You may be right on every point but you sound bitter for saying it. I don't think this post does you any favors and certainly doesn't persuade the detractors. I can afford your primer seater but I haven't bought one because I don't want to do business with you. I've spent thousands with 419 on the other hand, for what it is worth.

You may be right on every point but you sound bitter for saying it. I don't think this post does you any favors and certainly doesn't persuade the detractors. I can afford your primer seater but I haven't bought one because I don't want to do business with you. I've spent thousands with 419 on the other hand, for what it is worth.
This was pointless as well. Why trash what hes saying? Hes frustrated and with good reason. He also made good points. Let's not turn this thing into a passing contest. This form is a platform to share experiences and opinions and get the latest news on the latest products. Let's keep the politics out of this please. Its becoming un pleasant to watch.

Reactions: spife7980
Right, but it's ok that people continue to rip on Area419 with nearly no push back or consequence over the price of this press? Damn right I'm bitter. Every single time a company launches an expensive product, they get attacked for it relentlessly. I've watched it happen to literally every company that went on to lead the class with their product. Prometheus, AMP annealer, Giraud trimmer and now the henderson, tangent theta, now this 419 press, etc, etc, etc. I didn't intend to "persuade the detractors." I intended to insult them. I don't plan to have intelligent debate with people making proclamations about something they've never touched, because the very act of doing so shows me they are not intelligent enough to HAVE a debate with.

So if I'm the bad guy for speaking out against that ignorant behavior... so be it. Make it about me if it makes you feel better about not liking me. My post is about a sea of assholes attacking Area419 from a position of ignorance and inexperience.

If its making this much noise then it surely is a substantial press sure lol.

Right, but it's ok that people continue to rip on Area419 with nearly no push back or consequence over the price of this press? Damn right I'm bitter. Every single time a company launches an expensive product, they get attacked for it relentlessly. I've watched it happen to literally every company that went on to lead the class with their product. Prometheus, AMP annealer, Giraud trimmer and now the henderson, tangent theta, now this 419 press, etc, etc, etc. I didn't intend to "persuade the detractors." I intended to insult them. I don't plan to have intelligent debate with people making proclamations about something they've never touched, because the very act of doing so shows me they are not intelligent enough to HAVE a debate with.

So if I'm the bad guy for speaking out against that ignorant behavior... so be it. Make it about me if it makes you feel better about not liking me. My post is about a sea of assholes attacking Area419 from a position of ignorance and inexperience.

It's a discussion forum, what exactly do you expect? Contrary to what you think, price is an issue to people and their opinion counts as much as yours (maybe more). You're not the bad guy for speaking out (there's certainly been plenty of that)...you're the bad guy for taking the opportunity to call everyone assholes that said your primer seater is overpriced. I too think $1200 is a lot for a press but I am eager to see how the 419 press performs. I too think your primer seater is a lot off money, the difference being that your constant whining makes you seem like someone I don't want to do business with. I can afford every piece of equipment you named if that matters.

With that, I'll let you continue White-Knighting for 419 and have the last word.

There are other presses in every price range. $1200 is not alot for the best press you can buy. That is the market they are targeting.

The primer seating tool from @orkan is my favorite tool on the bench, and if you search the thread on it, you'll understand why he's a little pissed.

You know, it could just be that most people cannot shoot any better than the accuracy of ammunition made on plain vanilla reloading equipment. Most plain vanilla reloading equipment is quite capable of producing excellent ammunition. Increasing the accuracy of ammunition above average to better or best, just as with firearms, typically gets incrementally more expensive. That said, there is no excuse for running down more sophisticated/expensive reloading equipment, like it or not, it is part of human nature to justify the choices an individual has made.

You also have the equipment junkies, bless their hearts, regardless of their shooting skills, they will only be satisfied by owning the latest and most popular reloading equipment, firearms, components etc. Nothing wrong with them either, especially when I can buy their used equipment sold off cheap to get that latest thing.

I'm interested to know how you load .3 moa ammo on a progressive. Thats impressive. I think biggest variance would be in the powder drops. Whats your secret?

I'm interested to know how you load .3 moa ammo on a progressive. Thats impressive. I think biggest variance would be in the powder drops. Whats your secret?
You can have big variances of powder charges and make bugholes provided your not shooting a 1000 yards.
Look at all the BR records made with thrown charges.

I've tried it doesnt work for me. Dont know what I'm doing wrong. I would love to load accurate ammo fast even though a single stage has a different personal feel to it. I guess I'm not too good a shooter.