• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Primary Arms PLXC 1-8 FFP

I have the Burris as well and will have the PA PLX-C once it's back in stock. I'll report back on the differences once I have the PA in hand.

I guess I was lucky? Worked right out of the box for me, but can't check again since I got rid of my AR and traded the PLxC for a hunting scope. I had taken it out to 500yds with no issues...but tbh I was never really looking/expecting it to be super clear for that type of shooting so I probably never noticed.

I read through a few of the recommended posts on the forum for how to set the diopter. Probably the biggest help was @koshkin suggestion to set it outdoors on a target ~10-15 yards away. Making the image flat in that 15 yard range vs the 5-7 yards I could get indoors is a much better setting overall.

It still isn't "perfect", but it'll never be perfect. There is definitely still some fuzziness to the reticle if I'm focused on it. Once I crank up to 2-3x it goes away.

I think some of what I'm dealing with is also my eyesight. I noticed the soft reticle being much worse late at night with tired eyes. Seems better outdoors on a bright day. My vision has previously been fine but I've noticed a few other hints recently that I might need to visit the optometrist.

Despite the diopter challenge this seems like a great optic. The image quality and fov are great. Build quality is excellent as well. The total package is really impressive for the size and weight.

I have the Griffin Mil reticle. Overall its a versatile and useable reticle, but I would make some changes if possible:
1) Bring the thick/bold stadia closer to the center of the reticle. They end 100 mils from center, I'd probably go all the way to 50
2) Simplify the mil grid. 15 mils is a ton of elevation for an LPVO. It would be much easier to read if it was only 10 mils.

Edit: forgot to add that Marshall reached out via PM and got me on the phone to help get dialed in. Great customer service and it's obvious they stand behind their product. Glad to see he's engaged on the forum. Makes me much more likely to try another PA optic in the future

Last edited:
Reactions: rlsmith1 and Bakwa
I ended up choosing the ACSS Raptor M8 reticle for reason #2 above in addition to the "dot" being a hair larger at 1x.
I do wish PA would make it easier to check a reticle before buying. Basic measurements would make the purchase decision a hell of a lot easier.

Has anyone had experience with both plxc yard vs meter reticles ? If so do you think the bigger size difference in the meter at 1x is that much of a benefit for quick cqb shots?

Has anyone had experience with both plxc yard vs meter reticles ? If so do you think the bigger size difference in the meter at 1x is that much of a benefit for quick cqb shots?
I have the meters and my brother in law has the yards so I've looked through both a lot. I prefer the Meters and the horseshoe is noticeably bigger on 1x and less cluttered in my opinion as the stadia stops as it gets to the horseshoe further out and gives it more of a "floating" effect. I think it does help at 1x with speed with the meters as compared to the yards.

I have the meters and my brother in law has the yards so I've looked through both a lot. I prefer the Meters and the horseshoe is noticeably bigger on 1x and less cluttered in my opinion as the stadia stops as it gets to the horseshoe further out and gives it more of a "floating" effect. I think it does help at 1x with speed with the meters as compared to the yards.
Having looked through both, I'll vouch for this opinion.

That said, I currently have the Mil.
BDC vs Mil all depends on your use case.

Reactions: JDB55
I appreciate the info JB55 and Bakwa . I currently have 2 plxc 1-8 in yards on 2 separate dd mk12 . I bought the yards version when they first came out as the they were first available. I wish the reticle at 1x was a little bigger on the yards version and that is why I am curious about the meter vs yard. I might be thinking of selling the yard versions and buying the meter instead based on the 1x improved performance. As I mostly use at 1x anyway.

I should be getting behind a PLX-C this weekend. Looking forward to experiencing it for myself and sharing my experience with it here. I will look for the smudge towards the center that another has mentioned.

Reactions: Bakwa and JDB55
I like it.
545D7AC6-6283-489C-8414-C7F4DB055129.jpeg

I was able to test my PLX-C 1-8 yesterday from 100-600 yards.

Overall it seems like a high quality optic. I'm not convinced the tradeoffs are right for how I want to use it.

Generally the optical performance degrades at over 6.5x. the conditions were poor(45 deg, heavy rain, 5-10mph wind) which exacerbated the lower optical quality at 8x. Once you get over ~6.5x the images starts getting dark and blurry. At 8x the compromise wasn't worth it so I shot all day at 6-6.5x

The reticle is very cluttered. Way too cluttered to use quickly. Some of the design decisions are real head scratchers(15 mils of hold-over? Wtf are you shooting that needs 15 mils? ). The auto-ranging features are also very busy and distracting. Other elements like the Chevron might be personal preference, but I found myself just wanting for a basic dot or crosshair. Shooting at 6x makes the mil grid look a little cluttered

I bought the scope thinking it would be a compromise: I fully expected it to be a longer-range capable LPVO and not as good as other options (Razor 1-6, Delta 1-6) up close. I think the opposite is actually true. The 1x on this thing is really good and the reticle is far less annoying at 1x.

Shooting it side by side with my NXS 2.5-10 it wasn't even close. The resolution, brightness, and general ease of use at 10x far exceeded the PLX-C at 6x.

So what next? I'm not really sure. I'll use the PLX-C next month at a 10k biathlon. It'll have short range out to 600 yard stages. Maybe my impression will change when shooting UKD targets. For now though I'm kinda questioning the purchase. Maybe I should just pony up the cash for an ATACR or Razor G3.

It's currently mounted on a 12.5 AR. I was pleased with the ability to engage at 600 yards with the PLX-C. The mil grid makes that pretty easy(if you don't get lost in the sea of dots and hashes) compared the previous Bushy SMRS reticle which was just a BDC and didn't line up with any of my holds for a 77SMK at 2550 fps.

Overall it seems like a high quality optic. I'm not convinced the tradeoffs are right for how I want to use it.

Generally the optical performance degrades at over 6.5x. the conditions were poor(45 deg, heavy rain, 5-10mph wind) which exacerbated the lower optical quality at 8x. Once you get over ~6.5x the images starts getting dark and blurry. At 8x the compromise wasn't worth it so I shot all day at 6-6.5x

The reticle is very cluttered. Way too cluttered to use quickly. Some of the design decisions are real head scratchers(15 mils of hold-over? Wtf are you shooting that needs 15 mils? ). The auto-ranging features are also very busy and distracting. Other elements like the Chevron might be personal preference, but I found myself just wanting for a basic dot or crosshair. Shooting at 6x makes the mil grid look a little cluttered

I bought the scope thinking it would be a compromise: I fully expected it to be a longer-range capable LPVO and not as good as other options (Razor 1-6, Delta 1-6) up close. I think the opposite is actually true. The 1x on this thing is really good and the reticle is far less annoying at 1x.

Shooting it side by side with my NXS 2.5-10 it wasn't even close. The resolution, brightness, and general ease of use at 10x far exceeded the PLX-C at 6x.

So what next? I'm not really sure. I'll use the PLX-C next month at a 10k biathlon. It'll have short range out to 600 yard stages. Maybe my impression will change when shooting UKD targets. For now though I'm kinda questioning the purchase. Maybe I should just pony up the cash for an ATACR or Razor G3.

It's currently mounted on a 12.5 AR. I was pleased with the ability to engage at 600 yards with the PLX-C. The mil grid makes that pretty easy(if you don't get lost in the sea of dots and hashes) compared the previous Bushy SMRS reticle which was just a BDC and didn't line up with any of my holds for a 77SMK at 2550 fps.
Sounds like the ACSS may not be for you personally. You'll get similar performance on max magnification out of the atacr and razor 1-10 as far as image, just the nature of physics.

Reactions: Chadwhit
Sounds like the ACSS may not be for you personally. You'll get similar performance on max magnification out of the atacr and razor 1-10 as far as image, just the nature of physics.
Interesting. I haven't been able to look through a Razor 1-10. I've used the ATACR before and had a different impression, but it was in much better conditions which may have masked some of the performance drop off at 8x.

Agree I think the ACSS isn't ideal. I like the doughnut and mil grid(minus the 15 mil excess) generally, but the center chevron is pretty annoying.

The chevron seems a bit silly on a FFP 1-8. I get the concept for a fixed power 3x or 4x scope: something bold for quick acquisition and a relatively fine aiming point. But on a 1-8 FFP it doesn't make a lot of sense. You can't even see the chevron at 1x, and when you zoom in you don't need the bold shape.

Reactions: blue_ridge
I have the M8 meters so the horseshoe is a bit bigger and faster on 1x then the other two. Also it's much less cluttered. From my experience the PLxC has the best FFP reticle on an lpvo that I've seen at 1x to date without illumination (something that I personally wanted and most other FFPs rely on their illumination due to reticle design), as it has the big stadia like a simple SFP that draws your eye to the middle then the horseshoe for quick shots and the Chevron for finer aiming, I can pick it up fairly quickly personally.

At max magnification the Chevron is large but the M8 meters isn't overly cluttered and the ring has more separation so it doesn't obscure your target as much as the other two. I do think that these reticles are made more for hitting human sized torsos then fine aiming points/shooting groups. So it's a use case scenario and a lot of personal preference/training around it.

A 2.5-10 with a larger objective and parallax adjustment is always going to do better at distance then an lpvo with a 1x and smaller objective without parallax adjustment. If your shooting at 600 more then 100 I would recommend going that direction, you would be a lot happier I believe.

Reactions: ExT

Good feedback. I haven't tried the PLX-C yet, I might have to skip this one. I don't like chevrons and just am not a fan of the acss in general. I think you might want to try the FC-DMX, I bet you'll like it. You'll just have to choose between size/weight (nx8) or optics (atacr). I really wish NF would the FC-dmx or mil-xt in the 2.5-10x42.

Reactions: NHR
Good feedback. I haven't tried the PLX-C yet, I might have to skip this one. I don't like chevrons and just am not a fan of the acss in general. I think you might want to try the FC-DMX, I bet you'll like it. You'll just have to choose between size/weight (nx8) or optics (atacr). I really wish NF would the FC-dmx or mil-xt in the 2.5-10x42.
I've only seen the older FCDM in person. The X looks much cleaner in Strelok.

Agree on the new reticle for the NXS. I'd like to see a better reticle in the 2.5-10x32. That's essentially the new Athlon Helos 2-12, but Chinese and 25oz.

Maybe it's irrational but I love the old NXS 2.5-10x32. Great size and weight for the capability it has.

I've only seen the older FCDM in person. The X looks much cleaner in Strelok.

Agree on the new reticle for the NXS. I'd like to see a better reticle in the 2.5-10x32. That's essentially the new Athlon Helos 2-12, but Chinese and 25oz.

Maybe it's irrational but I love the old NXS 2.5-10x32. Great size and weight for the capability it has.
You're not irrational, people have been asking for this scope for a while now. A lightweight and compact 2-12 or 2.5-15 would be fantastic. Heck, a 1.5-12 would be really nice if the 8x erector plays nice and can be kept compact

Reactions: blue_ridge
Does anyone have access to the PLX-C reticles in their Strelok app? Wondering if someone can run a few numbers for me in regards to the m8 meters reticle to see how it would work for a potential setup before I purchase it.

Reactions: Tpb10505
Does anyone have access to the PLX-C reticles in their Strelok app? Wondering if someone can run a few numbers for me in regards to the m8 meters reticle to see how it would work for a potential setup before I purchase it.
The raptor m8?

Reactions: Cswedeen
I'll help you out.

Just give me a zero distance, projectile and MV.

Reactions: Cswedeen
Meters worked better for me with the velocities I was getting from my barrel/ammo combo. The data lined up much closer to the BDC as compared to the yard version.
The 1-8 got its first true workout at a 3 day 3-Gun match a few weeks ago. Did well. Kept the illumination off entire time. It’s basically worthless in bright daylight.

Thanks all. I like the meters reticle best, just hoping my 13.7" 7.62x51 will line up closeish

Currently running a Delta Stryker HD 1-6 which I’m very happy with but Im tempted every few weeks to buy this scope.

Do you guys think I’m getting enough of a performance jump with the PLXC to justify the 2x price jump?

The only thing that makes me hesitant is the lack of a daylight bright illuminated dot at 1x and concerns about durability given the focus on super light weight construction. However I do have an offset RMR so the lack of a daylight bright illuminated reticle is not a total dealbreaker.

Is the reticle useable for speed shooting at 1x with the illumination turned off? I’m leaning towards the meter Raptor reticle.

Last edited:
Currently running a Delta Stryker HD 1-6 which I’m very happy with but I tempted every few weeks to buy this scope.

Do you guys think I’m getting enough of a performance jump with the PLXC to justify the 2x price jump?

The only thing that makes me hesitant is the lack of a daylight bright illuminated dot at 1x and concerns about durability given the focus on super light weight construction. However I do have an offset RMR so the lack of a daylight bright illuminated reticle is not a total dealbreaker.

Is the reticle useable for speed shooting at 1x with the illumination turned off? I’m leaning towards the meter Raptor reticle.
I went through the same thing. It's really a toss up and what your wanting to "emphasis" with that rifle. The PLxC has better glass, bigger field of view, a better reticle at distance and 2x more. The delta has that nuclear bright dot and the eye box is a tad better and easier to use in scope shadow(reticle/illumination doesn't completely disappear). I decided I wanted the better glass and I would just run the reticle black or use my offset if I needed a red dot experience. I really like the primary arms and I'm happy I made the jump but whether it's worth that extra coin is personal. Both will run well.

As far as the reticle, I definitely advise getting the meters raptor over the mil or yards. The larger horseshoe and more streamline holds are nicer imo.

One other consideration is warranty. With the delta it's a 10 year with primary arms it's lifetime and the company is within the US. Just another thought.

Last edited:
I just got the PLxC 1-8 ACSS Griffen mil and compared it to my NF NX8. I think I like it better than the NX8. It has better eye relief at 8X. I will be running a Delta pro at the 12 o’clock position so the brightness isn’t that important to me. That said it looks daylight bright to me.

My PLXc arrived today. Thoroughly impressed in admittedly very limited testing. 1X has me wondering why I need an RDO on anything other than for weight savings, simplicity and perhaps having shake awake/battery life. The tube just vanishes at 1X and it's definitely daylight bright. Eyebox is a bit finicky around 8x but otherwise it's amazing. Anxious to test it vs. the Burris. I purchased the PLX mount as well and off the top of my head, the combo is about 22oz, about 5oz heavier than the Holosun titanium RDO on a Scalarworks mount and 3X magnifier. With the stock mount, they're likely equal in weight.

Last edited:
I can get behind mine with the Griffin reticle on 1x faster than the Trijicon RMR type 2 on top of it. Mostly mounted that to see what I prefer.

My PLXc arrived today. Thoroughly impressed in admittedly very limited testing. 1X has me wondering why I need an RDO on anything other than for weight savings, simplicity and perhaps having shake awake/battery life. The tube just vanishes at 1X and it's definitely daylight bright. Eyebox is a bit finicky around 8x but otherwise it's amazing. Anxious to test it vs. the Burris. I purchased the PLX mount as well and off the top of my head, the combo is about 22oz, about 5oz heavier than the Holosun titanium RDO on a Scalarworks mount and 3X magnifier. With the stock mount, they're likely equal in weight.

Great feedback and if you do decide to go with a reflex on that setup we do offer a mount for the PLx optics mount here.

Oh nice! I have to say, the PLX mount is fantastic as well. Very light, NOT $400(!) and is very well made. Even the screws exude quality which is a nice change of pace. It's lighter than most of the other obvious competitors and comes within four tenths of an ounce of the Scalarworks LEAP 08.

Oh nice! I have to say, the PLX mount is fantastic as well. Very light, NOT $400(!) and is very well made. Even the screws exude quality which is a nice change of pace. It's lighter than most of the other obvious competitors and comes within four tenths of an ounce of the Scalarworks LEAP 08.

Thank you, we appreciate all feedback as we are constantly using it to improve and innovate.

I'm a big fan of the mount as well

I just picked up another one for a RD/PSA rifle that RD is working on right now. I have been using the Geissele mount with a Delta Point red dot on top for my KAC 14.5" rifle. I plan on doing the same with the RD/PSA rifle. Funny thing is I am pulling off my Vortex Razors and replacing them with the PLXc. The weight savings is huge.

Now that the PLXC has been out any update on people's opinion? Pros cons? Would you buy it again?

In the market for a LPVO where the 1x pretty much disappears. I've been looking at this the K18I-2, Z8I+, March 1-10, and the S&B dual CC. Appreciate everyone's input!

Now that the PLXC has been out any update on people's opinion? Pros cons? Would you buy it again?

In the market for a LPVO where the 1x pretty much disappears. I've been looking at this the K18I-2, Z8I+, March 1-10, and the S&B dual CC. Appreciate everyone's input!
I own the S&B, if 1x is important to you, that's not the one. It shines above 5x.
Can't comment on the k18i-2, but I have the K18i and it's wonderful on 1x.
I also have a P4Xi, which is fantastic on 1x if you can deal with only 4x on the high end.
I've handled the PLX but only indoors. Seemed very nice but would need some time with it to be sure.

PXL_20230908_195352641.MP.jpg

I own the S&B, if 1x is important to you, that's not the one. It shines above 5x.
Can't comment on the k18i-2, but I have the K18i and it's wonderful on 1x.
I also have a P4Xi, which is fantastic on 1x if you can deal with only 4x on the high end.
I've handled the PLX but only indoors. Seemed very nice but would need some time with it to be sure.

View attachment 8229076

Ah ty for the heads up on the S&B for the 1x. The rifle will mostly be used at 1x so field of view and 1x clarity is the absolute most important for me. Hmm I haven't considered a P4Xi at all. What about the older S&B 1-4 short dots?

The eyebox at 8x is particular, but not unusable. 1x is excellent, 6x is forgiving. Form factor and weight are awesome. Glass is excellent. Illumination is not daylight bright on really sunny days if that's important to you. The reticle is excellent for a FFP without illumination though on 1x, which was more important for me then a FFP reticle that required nuclear bright illumination to be useable. The information in the reticle is invaluable imo. Overall, I do not regret buying it at all and their isn't anything on the market that I would trade it for currently.

Reactions: K2e2vin
The eyebox at 8x is particular, but not unusable. 1x is excellent, 6x is forgiving. Form factor and weight are awesome. Glass is excellent. Illumination is not daylight bright on really sunny days if that's important to you. The reticle is excellent for a FFP without illumination though on 1x, which was more important for me then a FFP reticle that required nuclear bright illumination to be useable. The information in the reticle is invaluable imo. Overall, I do not regret buying it at all and their isn't anything on the market that I would trade it for currently.
Hmm OK yea 1x is the most important for me. What would you compare the 1x to?

Ah ty for the heads up on the S&B for the 1x. The rifle will mostly be used at 1x so field of view and 1x clarity is the absolute most important for me. Hmm I haven't considered a P4Xi at all. What about the older S&B 1-4 short dots?
If you are good with 4x, don't look any further to be honest. It's a poor man's K16i.

Reactions: Chungdae
The reticle is excellent for a FFP without illumination though on 1x, which was more important for me then a FFP reticle that required nuclear bright illumination to be useable.
Exactly what I prefer if the scope is going to be the only optic.

Hmm OK yea 1x is the most important for me. What would you compare the 1x to?

The disappearing bezel effect is like a razors. The eyebox and eye relief is similar to the razor 1-10, I greatly prefer the reticle in the PLxC 1-8 to the razor on 1x. But that's personal preference. I don't think you would be disappointed in the 1x.

• Haha