• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Product! By Snipers for Snipers!

Re: New Product! By Snipers for Snipers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steelhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you looked into making a card for your XR model that would have a .338 300gr SMK with velocities up to 2900 fps?

I have a 338 Edge (338/300 RUM) which gives me avg. velocities of 2860 fps.

I've been using your original FDAC with my .308 and it's spot on, but I'm hesitant to order the XR model, because I use a different bullet and it has higher velocities than what you have listed.

Thanks! </div></div>

We're about to release a series of "conversion tables" that can be downloaded for free from our website. For selected bullets, the table will allow you to add or subtract the listed value from the firing solution displayed in the window, effectively "tuning" the firing solution to an entirely different bullet or caliber that we don't produce a slide for. The purpose of this is to save YOU money and broaden the FDAC and FDAC-XR audience. These small tables will be able to be printed out from your computer and stuck right to your FDAC. Less slides, less money, and vastly increased utility.

The ideal location to stick this table is right over our company logo and the instructions for use on the MOA side of the FDAC, this area on the FDAC, once you understand how to <span style="text-decoration: underline">use</span> the FDAC is essentially wasted space. These tables will be sized to fit right in that space.

These small tables will be released very soon. Live fire testing has proven them to be incredibly accurate and if you can preform 3rd grade math you can be incredibly successful with them.

</div></div>

Awesome! Good to know and I'll be looking for it when SHOT starts.

Thought i'd post a quick look at the new FDAC conversion tables that you will be able to download from our website FOR FREE! Simply print them out, cut them out, and affix the applicable table to your FDAC. The table in this example converts a 175 SMK at 2700 fps, to a 155 Scenar at 2850 fps. If you can do 3rd grade subtraction, you can hit shit with an entirely different projectile and an entirely different muzzle velocity.

The PDF downloadable sheets are already pre-sized for use with the FDAC and each sheet will contain 3 different velocities for the selected bullet, listed in both MOA and MRAD. We have tested all of the conversion sheets extensively with live fire, through multiple rifles, barrel lengths, sight heights, optic types, etc. It works extremely well and saves YOU money.

The tables listed below do not contain windage conversion figures, the ones that will be available for download WILL contain windage conversion figures as well.

These will be loaded on the website and available for download in a few days. We are building them for multiple calibers and bullet types.

IMG_20110105_144140.jpg

Conversion%20Table%20155%20Scenar.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thought i'd post a quick look at the new FDAC conversion tables that you will be able to download from our website FOR FREE! Simply print them out, cut them out, and affix the applicable table to your FDAC. The table in this example converts a 175 SMK at 2700 fps, to a 155 Scenar at 2850 fps. If you can do 3rd grade subtraction, you can hit shit with an entirely different projectile and an entirely different muzzle velocity.

The PDF downloadable sheets are already pre-sized for use with the FDAC and each sheet will contain 3 different velocities for the selected bullet, listed in both MOA and MRAD. The values listed on the slide in the example do not contain windage figures, as the difference between both bullets is less than 0.3 MRAD across the entire DA range from 100-1000 yards at all applicable velocities. We have tested all of the conversion sheets extensively with live fire, through multiple rifles, barrel lengths, sight heights, optic types, etc. It works extremely well and saves YOU money.

These will be loaded on the website and available for download in a few days. We are building them for multiple calibers and bullet types.
</div></div>

Let me get this straight....you're offering a way to expand the usability, and versatility of the FDAC for free?? Just to let you know, and give you the heads up, that's not the american way. The american way is the capitalist way, you're suppose to charge an arm and a leg for additional slides, and tell us that this method you've provided us with is heresy and will make us burn in hell when we die. That way you can make billions of dollars, buy you're own senator, or two, or 50 and dictate the lives of everyday taxpayers as you see fit, and Mary and Joe Lunchbucket are broke because they bought 50 slides so they'd have the ultimate in versatility.

Something's wrong with you man, that's just un-american to offer this stuff for free, lol.

(Just in case you missed it, i'm being stupidly sarcastic, this stuff is 'da-bomb digity', and i'm going to check it out)

I'm still going to end up buying the 155 cards so I can look tacticool in my mall ninja pajamas at the range. That and paper isn't waterproof.

Branden

Just out of curiosity, since you have a lot of this data, do you see yourselves ever publishing cards for the 168gr SMK? I don't know what the production costs would be, but I know I'd definitely pick up a set of 168gr cards just to avoid having to do conversion (even if it's 3rd grade math, I am lazy).

You guys friggin rock! I am buying 2 or 3 of these, for damn sure! 155 Scenars FDAC after SHOT right????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How about a photo of the new XR model ? </div></div>

Photos are coming soon, you'll see them just before the SHOT show. By the way, the U.S. Tactical Supply booth is where you'll find all the new FDAC stuff, it is also where you'll find Steven Segal.

We will have the exact same *FREE* add-on for the 168 grainer as well! Dont worry about the math thingee....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinn fein</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will have the exact same *FREE* add-on for the 168 grainer as well! Dont worry about the math thingee.... </div></div>

There you go with the FREE thing again. Geez..lol.

Branden

Here is the 168 SMK conversion table, the math is stupid easy and the firing solutions are dead nuts on provided that your rifle/scope is properly zeroed to the load that you wish to shoot prior to using the conversion table at long range.

A library of these will be progressively loaded on to our webpage. Just find the one you need, print it out, read the instructions for use, cut it out, laminate it, and velcro it to your FDAC. Or use a bunch of tape. If I still carried a rifle for a living i'd just use a bunch of clear packing tape.

It doesn't get much more simplifieredish.

IMG_20110106_154212.jpg

Next week you should see the following conversion tables available for download on our website.

.308, 155gn Scenar (2850-2950 fps)
.308, 168gn SMK (2600-2700 fps)
.223, 77gn SMK (2650-2750 fps)

Many more to come, we plan on building a library of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys be sure to find me at the americansnipers.org booth. </div></div>

If your at the ASO booth, I'll definitely see you. I'll be running around gathering up new Corporate Sponsors for the USMC Scout Sniper Association in addition to talking about the new FDAC-XR to folks.

Here is a real quick video showing how fast you can arrive at an accurate firing solution with the FDAC......and how fast you can make your round arrive on target.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipu7GW1Sw5Y"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipu7GW1Sw5Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

The distance to target is a little over 500 meters.

My trusty observer, code-named Whitecastle, yielded the mighty FDAC for me on the range.

You cant beat that with a stick!!

Great product and if you dont have one and need one. Drop by www.impactdatabooks.com and we will get you all setup!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new conversion tables for the 155 Lapua Scenar, 168 SMK, and 77gn SMK (.223) are up on our site now. Just print them off and follow the instructions, they work extremely well and cost you absolutely nothing!

Many more to come!

Link> FDAC Conversion Tables </div></div>

Awesome! Now I just need to figure out velocity what my rifle is actually shooting 168 SMKs at!

Here it is folks! The MILSPEC-XR FDAC!

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Overview:</span>
-Density Altitude (DA) adjustment from -2000' to +16,000' DA
-Elevation and windage from 100m-1500m
-Compensates for firing angles
-Compensates for 1mph full value winds
-Displays a lead for a 1mph moving target
-All in 0.1 MRAD increments
-Includes 12 slides that cover the .300WM and the .338LM

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Slide Specs</span>:
-.300WM: 190gn SMK, 2900-2950-3000 fps (MK248 MOD 0)
-.300WM: 220gn SMK, 2800-2850-2900 fps (MK248 MOD 1)
-.338LM: 250gn Lapua Scenar, 2900-2950-3000 fps
-.338LM: 300gn Lapua Scenar, 2700-2750-2800 fps

Here's a few quick photos that I took at the SHOT show, better pics are on the way!

P1180040.jpg

P1180042.jpg

P1180043.JPG

P1180046.JPG

We've received a huge response to this thing since releasing it into the wild at the vendor shoot on Monday at Nellis AFB. People just laughed when they would smack an 1100 meter target with a gun that they've just been introduced to about 5 minutes beforehand.

The MILSPEC-XR FDAC will be available through our distributers within the next two weeks. Thank you all for your patience and input throughout the final stages of development and validation testing.

If you've got questions, ask em!

-Taylor White
ACTS, LLC

FDAC%20very%20distressed.jpg

It seems like it's been said before but these guys keep setting the bar higher with their great service.

Thank you for a great product from great guys!

Seekers

is there now a metric version for the 308 ? i see the xr is in meters but i only see 300wm and 338.

Is the 155 Scenar version going to be out soon?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the 155 Scenar version going to be out soon? </div></div>

Here is the scoop. Realistically, there was NO WAY for us to design, develop, test and produce a card set for the 155 gr (or any other projo for that matter) without spending a ton of capital to do so. That cost would have to be passed along to the customer and we could not, in good conscience, ask you to pay such a high price. The reality is that there just arent enough 155 gr shooters to justify the developmental cost without having things made in China...which we just will not do.

We covered the cost of RDT&E ourselves and did this:

If you go to our webpage: FDAC Conversion Tables and print off the pre-sized table, you can affix it to your FDAC and have exactly what you need to be just as accurate FOR FREE.

Believe me, this was the only way to give you what you need in a cost effective manner.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us directly: [email protected]

Thanks to everyone who came and visited us at SHOT! This was our most productive trip to Vegas yet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hiddenmongoose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there now a metric version for the 308 ? i see the xr is in meters but i only see 300wm and 338. </div></div>

The metric version of the 308 FDAC will be available through our distributors in a couple of weeks.

I've used my FDAC in .308 in different enviroment.....always dead on, the data math esactly the output from my PDA with FFS.

I've also checked at APO with Taylor and Chris the data before to fire at 800 meters with an Ashbury in .308

I've taked mine with my Kestrel from Italy....

I've also bought the new one.. I've checked the value for .338 and they match with my log book..

Taylor in the instructions data I see wind value for 5 mph... in the FDAC 1 mhp as you wrote also there...either for wind and lead.... just for you.

it was a pleasure to have both of you as my spotters..

ciao

DSCN3687.jpg

DSCN3686.jpg

DSCN3682.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinn fein</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the 155 Scenar version going to be out soon? </div></div>

Here is the scoop. Realistically, there was NO WAY for us to design, develop, test and produce a card set for the 155 gr (or any other projo for that matter) without spending a ton of capital to do so. That cost would have to be passed along to the customer and we could not, in good conscience, ask you to pay such a high price. The reality is that there just arent enough 155 gr shooters to justify the developmental cost without having things made in China...which we just will not do.

We covered the cost of RDT&E ourselves and did this:

If you go to our webpage: FDAC Conversion Tables and print off the pre-sized table, you can affix it to your FDAC and have exactly what you need to be just as accurate FOR FREE.

Believe me, this was the only way to give you what you need in a cost effective manner.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us directly: [email protected]

Thanks to everyone who came and visited us at SHOT! This was our most productive trip to Vegas yet! </div></div>

Is this the story on a 6.5 card as well? With three very popular 6.5mm cartiges I would think that their are more people shooting 6.5's than the .308 155's. Even if you only made the cards for one bullet I would switch to that one bullet.

More Adaptive FDAC series T-shirts and stickers are coming soon! We've been sending these out with large military orders for a few months now and we sold our remaining stock out at the SHOT show. We'll have more in the next few weeks. In case you have not seen them, here is the graphic.

fdac%20very%20distressed%20with%20logo.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More Adaptive FDAC series T-shirts and stickers are coming soon! We've been sending these out with large military orders for a few months now and we sold our remaining stock out at the SHOT show. We'll have more in the next few weeks. In case you have not seen them, here is the graphic.

</div></div>

Where do I place my order?

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More Adaptive FDAC series T-shirts and stickers are coming soon! We've been sending these out with large military orders for a few months now and we sold our remaining stock out at the SHOT show. We'll have more in the next few weeks. In case you have not seen them, here is the graphic.

</div></div>

Where do I place my order?

Branden </div></div>

You'll be able to order them through us once the site is loaded with the shirts, colors, sizes, etc. Approximately 2-3 weeks. Stand by!

Also, we do make a version of the Standard Model .308 FDAC that is all in meters, it is in production right now and will be delivered to our distributors in about two weeks.

The new "meters" models will have the new DA table printed on the exterior and it's even faster to use than the old one.

Pricing is the same as the Standard Model .308 FDAC as well: $39.95

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">NEWS FLASH!</span></span>

If you're a .300WM shooter and you shoot the <span style="text-decoration: underline">Hornady 208 AMAX or the Berger 210 VLD</span>, simply insert our <span style="font-weight: bold">.338LM 250 Scenar</span> slide that's closest to your muzzle velocity and head to the range. Both of these bullets match up extremely well with our .338 250 Scenar slides.

Example: 208 AMAX or 210 VLD at 2900,2950,3000 fps = .338LM 250gn Scenar at 2900,2950,3000 fps.

This has been shot and shot and shot to verify and validate the commonality of these projectiles at these velocities.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Dont belive it? Try it!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">NEWS FLASH!</span></span>

If you're a .300WM shooter and you shoot the <span style="text-decoration: underline">Hornady 208 AMAX or the Berger 210 VLD</span>, simply insert our <span style="font-weight: bold">.338LM 250 Scenar</span> slide that's closest to your muzzle velocity and head to the range. Both of these bullets match up extremely well with our .338 250 Scenar slides.

Example: 208 AMAX or 210 VLD at 2900,2950,3000 fps = .338LM 250gn Scenar at 2900,2950,3000 fps.

This has been shot and shot and shot to verify and validate the commonality of these projectiles at these velocities.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Dont belive it? Try it!</span>

</div></div>

NICE!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinn fein</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a real quick video showing how fast you can arrive at an accurate firing solution with the FDAC......and how fast you can make your round arrive on target.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipu7GW1Sw5Y"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipu7GW1Sw5Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

The distance to target is a little over 500 meters. </div></div>

Did I miss something? Such as the part where you show how long it takes to gauge your FDAC before engaging your target. You just went straight to the shot. False advertisement!!!!!
wink.gif
Good shooting though!

Youre right. Heres what we did: Taylor told me what the hold was based on the FDAC and then hit the record button on the camera. But I see your point....and I was all excited about my mastery of iMovie on my shiny new Mac....

We were also trying to show how quickly the ASW rifle could be deployed from a folded position.

You cant see it, my lower lip is sticking out and i have very down-trodden look on my face...

I just got my standard FDAC from Steve @ Triad Tactical. I'm shooting 168 Amaxes @ 2750, but I'll fiddle with the conversion printouts and find one that will work. I'm on a steep learning curve but I'll figger it out eventually. Thanks for a great product, which looks like it's very simple to use! When I graduate to magnumitis, I'll get the XR version too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my standard FDAC from Steve @ Triad Tactical. I'm shooting 168 Amaxes @ 2750, but I'll fiddle with the conversion printouts and find one that will work. I'm on a steep learning curve but I'll figger it out eventually. Thanks for a great product, which looks like it's very simple to use! When I graduate to magnumitis, I'll get the XR version too. </div></div>

If you're shooting the 168 AMAX at 2750 FPS, just insert the 175smk/2700 FPS slide that came in your kit, it will track extraordinarily well with the 168 AMAX all the way out to 1,000. No need to print any conversion tables out at all, trust me-it works!

Call us directly if you have any questions at all, (540)657-8541, we enjoy talking to customers at length about our product. You'll find that your FDAC works very well for your application. We designed it to be absolutely caveman simple for shooters of all experience levels, with accuracy equivalent to any modern ballistic program.

Thanks for your interest in our product!

Taylor White
ACTS, LLC