• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Product! By Snipers for Snipers!

Re: UPDATE - New Product! By Snipers for Snipers!

Sorry, all of our guys have been on travel or on the range for the last few weeks. We'll be at our office tomorrow morning until about 9am, then we're heading to the hospital to visit a wounded Marine. I can meet you tonight if you're around, I'm only about 8 minutes from our office.

I'll pm you my cell phone number.

Got one...thanks again!

are the cards for the 77gr SMK's out yet? got a few matches coming up and would love to try the fdac out at them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are the cards for the 77gr SMK's out yet? got a few matches coming up and would love to try the fdac out at them </div></div>

Plenty more to come...

If you read Special Weapons for Military & Police Magazine you'll find an article about the current FDAC product in the August issue.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Active Duty Military Snipers:</span></span>

If you'd like an FDAC before you deploy, just give www.americansnipers.org a call and they'll make sure you get what you need. We've donated a bunch of FDAC's to them for you guys and they still have plenty.

Semper Fi,

Taylor
ACTS, LLC
www.actsvirginia.com

Any eta on the new product/cards?

Many of you have already discovered this, but I thought i'd share it with those that have not.

Thought I’d show you FDAC owners and other interested shooters a quick, field expedient method you can use with your FDAC to adjust or “tune” the firing solutions on the internal slide to your actual muzzle velocity. As most of you already know, the .308 version of the FDAC includes (5) slides for the 175 Sierra MatchKing, at the following velocities:

2500 fps
2550 fps
2600 fps
2650 fps
2700 fps

As seen above, there is a 50 fps velocity difference between each slide. Most users have great success with the FDAC because their muzzle velocity is very close to the slide that they’re using. So, let’s say your muzzle velocity is 2675 fps, and you’d like to “tune” the FDAC to that muzzle velocity…Simple.

Once you’ve estimated your Density Altitude, and selected the appropriate “DA” column on your FDAC, if you’d like to “add” 25 fps to the inserted slide, simply advance the slide forward to the next DA column. If you’d like to subtract 25 fps, simply degrade the slide to the next lowest DA column.

In the example below, I have inserted the 175 SMK, 2650 fps slide (this is a <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">METERS</span></span> slide in the example). Lets say I have determined that my Density Altitude is 1,000' DA, If I simply advance the slide until it reads +2K at the top of the viewing window, I'll have "tuned" the slide to 2675 fps.

FDAC%252520Trick.jpg

This method has been proven to be very successful with military snipers using the M40A5’s, M110’s, Mk-11’s, and various other weapon systems utilizing M118LR or any other brand of ammunition that uses the 175 Sierra MatchKing projectile.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">This method of advancing or degrading the slide to compensate for slight deviations in muzzle velocity is also useful for other purposes, such as:</span></span>

-Muzzle velocity and/or zero shift from unsuppressed to suppressed firing modes. (Obviously this would only apply if your suppressed zero shift is very minimal)

-slight adjustment or "tuning" of a ballistic coefficient.

Re: XMAS SALE! New Product! By Snipers for Snipers!

Hide members,

From today (Nov 28) until Christmas (Jan 1, 2012) we are offering the .308 FDAC at an incredible savings!

P2180142.JPG

If you'd like to order the Meters version of the FDAC, please indicate that when making your payment, as the Yards version is the standard "default" version.(use the comments section in the paypal link).

To order, visit our website: www.actsvirginia.com

Just a quick update to new FDAC customers:

We're regularly asked if we sell the standard .308 FDAC in MOA, or in Mils, and the answer is that <span style="text-decoration: underline">each FDAC operates in both modes</span>. If you're looking at the MOA side of the product, just flip it over and you're now looking at the Mils side of the product.

It is available for distances measured in both <span style="text-decoration: underline">meters and yards</span>.

The FDAC Christmas Sale has been a tremendous success in just the first few days, thanks to the members here on the hide.

Happy Holidays!

Re: New Product! By Snipers for Snipers!

I like it!
Any chance for a 155gr Lap Scenar version?
Or is there a way to use it even with a different bullet?
Do you, guys, ship to Europe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bugaboo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it!
Do you, guys, ship to Europe? </div></div>

You can use the FDAC with a bunch of different types of bullets without needing a whole library of cards to insert into the product, just follow the links below:

Load Compatibility Matrix
FDAC Conversion Tables

These are regularly updated, available to anyone, and completely free of charge.

Yes, we ship to Europe.

Great Product I highly recommend it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bugaboo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it!
Do you, guys, ship to Europe? </div></div>

You can use the FDAC with a bunch of different types of bullets without needing a whole library of cards to insert into the product, just follow the links below:

Load Compatibility Matrix
FDAC Conversion Tables

These are regularly updated, available to anyone, and completely free of charge.

Yes, we ship to Europe. </div></div>

Thank you, it looks great, but the velocities are too low, for me basically for sub-zero or close-to-zero temperatures (2822 fps at 59°F), plus it is in inches/fps.

But the product is great!

I was on the fence with this, even after all the rave reviews....but man, with the Christmas price your offering shipped, a guy would be nuts not to jump in....Thanks - order going in today/tomorrow.

Just a quick reminder, the FDAC is:

100% Made In America. Designed by Marines, manufactured by American Workers, made out of American plastics, American fasteners, American ink, and American ultraviolet coatings.

This product was designed from the ground up to be a combat tool. Tough, rigid, insanely accurate, and brutally simple for users of all experience levels. The FDAC was designed based off our own personal experiences and those of a huge group of Marines, Soldiers, and Sailors that took part in the design and testing process.

We take great pride in helping Warriors put booger eaters to bed now that we're sitting on the side lines.

I just ordered one. Im just getting into the long range scene and this looks to be very helpful. Thanks!

This may have been asked, but what about other calibers? 6.5mm? 7mm? Even a conversion table might be enough.

-Steve

Just ordered mine.
Thanks for the Christmas discount!

If by chance you have a New Years discount on the Milspec -XR you can count me in.

Thanks Again!

Is it just me , or does the XR , purchase link NOT work ?

Later Chris

Got the two I ordered today. Very nice kit, thanks for a great product and great price.

Mine showed up yesterday. These are very well made.

Thanks for the great product. Doesn't Triad carry the Mil Spec XR also? Also how is the 50 BMG cards coming?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skeeter355</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the great product. Doesn't Triad carry the Mil Spec XR also? Also how is the 50 BMG cards coming? </div></div>

Triad is still carrying the XR:
http://www.triadtactical.com/Field-Density-Altitude-Compensator-ACTS-FDAC1.html

Great price AND product!

I had to order another one.

Thanks to all at ACTS!

May everyone have a Blessed & Merry Christmas!

Seekers

Great product thanks for the conversion tables. Is there a projected date of release for the 155L cards?

You guys that are getting your FDAC in how long has it normaly taken after funds were received. Sorry getting anxious.

Ordered mine late on the 13th and got it yesterday the 20th.

Thanks for fast shipment.

pretty quick VA to WA!

Ordered one on the 22nd. I'm new to all this, I expect it to be a very useful tool. Still have a lot of tools to go though.

Thanks for the sale. Sales like this make it a lot easier and more affordable for someone just getting into the sport.

Jamie