• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 'production' rifle from PVA - J. Hancock

Attachments

• 20180330_195233.jpg
    20180330_195233.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 340
How about magazines? I'm buying up gear in preparation for my number to be called....

Scope,scope mount, bipod, are all done.... mags are next

How about magazines? I'm buying up gear in preparation for my number to be called....

Scope,scope mount, bipod, are all done.... mags are next

what about magazines? You will need one (or more); Josh is not including one in the price of the rifle (for savings).

I have a order in for John Hancock rifle and had some things come up and would like to sell rifle or my spot. I spoke with Josh and he said rifle could be done by 2nd part of April I was one of first to put deposit down. The rifle is going be 6mm creedmoor with black chassis. If anyone is interested please message me. Thanks

PM sent

ARC is supposed to be releasing the updated version of the M10 mags today (tentatively) and there will be discounts available with the Hancock for those as well as other stuff.
That's what I'm going with ... looked impressive enough that i ordered 3 last week.

ARC is supposed to be releasing the updated version of the M10 mags today (tentatively) and there will be discounts available with the Hancock for those as well as other stuff.

Wait, what? I have a JHR coming, and I bought a couple of these mags last week that's supposed to ship today. I don't remember seeing anything about a discount with the rifle. I certainly would have waited.

@bohem if you're listening ... a simple request. Holster makers often put on their website "Currently working on orders placed XXXX." as a way to keep customers engaged and informed.

Regardless, salivating over the little bit of content out there on the JHR. Keep it coming!

Reactions: Boom91 and J-Ham
Status Update on the JHR and Nucleus Barreled Actions:

Patriot Valley has the new machinery up and running on the shop floor now and the move is essentially complete. That was quite the endeavor but we're largely completed. The shop space is really a blessing and the new machine is scary fast and accurate... I am impressed by the performance it shows every time I ask it to do something. Each time we use it we learn more and the capabilities of the machine are just incredible. It's a huge step in the right directions.

The JHR's are well underway. We have barrels in place from Rock Creek and we are cutting barrels currently.
We have triggers in stock for the first batch.
BRAVOs are in stock for the first batch of RH actions.
Muzzle brakes are in stock for the first batch. Actually, we are well situated on brakes overall with several hundred on the shelf for basic orders as well.

Waiting On:
Marking Variance from the ATF is not complete.
FFL move paperwork is not finalized and returned. This puts a damper on things for lots of gunsmithing as we're doing machine work in one place and keeping the receivers at the old shop to remain in compliance with federal code. We're working with the situation though so it's not that big of a deal.
Receivers from ARC. I speak with Ted regularly and he's making excellent progress but I can say for certain that we're going to miss the April 16th projected release date.
- The issue arises from the small parts in the bolt. There were suppliers lined up and supposed to be making parts before Ted announced the project to the world. One of those vendors was making several pieces inside the bolt, including bolt heads, and they backed out after dropping the ball.
- Rather than attempt to source and qualify a whole new vendor at a late date, American Rifle Company stepped up to the plate and brought in more personnel and a VERY slick multi spindle, multi turret MillTurn Okuma to make the parts in house. When I spoke to Ted yesterday they were running bolt heads while he and I spoke and they're making excellent progress on recovering the issues generated by the lame supplier.

When I asked for an updated estimate on lead Ted has said "Mid to Late May, but if we can go faster we're going to".

After all the hassles that I went through to get our new single turret, single spindle MillTurn running I have a strong appreciation for Ted's new Twin Spindle Twin Turret machine and what it required to get it cutting chips.

He said the following is in place:

Action bodies are hammering out through the milling centers and Wire EDM
Bolt heads are running on the new MillTurn currently.
Scope Rails for the Nucleus are machined and being anodized (they might be back from plating, that information is 10 days old)

Now, before I get a ton of emails/calls/PM's about an individualized status for a JHR or Nucleus barreled action, please read through what I've posted and know that as I know more I will update it here. Emails asking for "any further detail" I've asked Jeremy to ignore because it keeps him planted at a keyboard writing the same thing back over and over as opposed to working on a machine getting rifles out the door. If he's writing emails then his skills as a machinist and rifle builder are not being utilized to help me with the workload.

If we haven't made an update here then there is nothing of significance to put in an individual email/PM/call on the Nucleus and JHR Projects.

Any difference in production time for a left-handed variant?
Yes, there is no such thing as a LH Bravo chassis so we are going to have to build fixtures to modify the chassis to fit LH receivers and LH triggers.
That being said, it will take time to do so.
Since some folks have asked already, we will be doing this without additional cost to the Hancock but we will not be subsidizing free conversions to LH for Bravos outside of complete LH JHR's. I don't know if we'll even choose to offer that service outside of the Hancocks but that will flesh out as we get more adept at doing it.

bohem,

Are you setup to add the Sig/Q taper? I'm looking to add a Q suppressor to the collection soon.

https://goo.gl/images/JdkuNj
Yes, we can do it. It's not going to be added to a JHR as delivered because that would violate the rules of the Production Class to make that modification.

If Ryan Castle feels it's acceptable that's his call but for right now it's not going to be an option on a JHR.

We have already cut it on a number of muzzles for prefits, custom rifles and other projects.

Yes, there is no such thing as a LH Bravo chassis so we are going to have to build fixtures to modify the chassis to fit LH receivers and LH triggers.
That being said, it will take time to do so.
Since some folks have asked already, we will be doing this without additional cost to the Hancock but we will not be subsidizing free conversions to LH for Bravos outside of complete LH JHR's. I don't know if we'll even choose to offer that service outside of the Hancocks but that will flesh out as we get more adept at doing it.
Thanks for the huge update!

I had a feeling the Bravo LH conversion would add a little time to the overall equation.

Thanks for the update. Having a top notch finished product in my hands is far more important than lead time....

That being said, I wonder if dropping $389 on a 6.5 Ruger American might be worth it for a little trigger time and reload practice as I've never owned a scoped rifle and never reloaded for anything other than pistol and bulk 5.56 for an AR

Thanks for the update. Having a top notch finished product in my hands is far more important than lead time....

That being said, I wonder if dropping $389 on a 6.5 Ruger American might be worth it for a little trigger time and reload practice as I've never owned a scoped rifle and never reloaded for anything other than pistol and bulk 5.56 for an AR

Not a bad idea and if you decide you want some better performance from the barrel we make drop in pre-fits for the RA's. You can turn it into a very precise hunting rifle for a small investment if you choose.

Not a bad idea but I would go with the .223 version.

Not a bad idea. I have a 223 trainer with an 18" barrel on it, the thing is a hammer and makes for a very enjoyable time with young/new shooters. It's especially popular with a suppressor on it.

Reactions: JCARL and BLKWLFK9

That’s what I am doing. Getting a Ruger Predator in 6.5CM.

Hi Josh, I made my deposit this weekend on the Nucleus barreled action deal you're running and included a barloc. Is this the one we're getting with the Nucleus? It's awesome the way they integrated the barloc device with the recoil lug. P.S. I hope you're enjoying SHOT.
M4-Barloc-Nucleus.3-600x487.jpg
What is a Barloc? Thanks.

So I am patiently waiting on a 6.5Cr J.H.. Just ordering stuff for it and you know patiently prepping brass....buying powder....
What bullets should I get. I'm thinking either Berger 130 Tactical Hybrids or Berger 140VLD Hybrids. Knowing how hard each is to find I would probably have to just back order 500 right off the bat so if the chamber will likely prefer one over the other I need to know.
I do know the 140 hybrids are EXCEPTIONALLY long from tip to Ogive.

So I am patiently waiting on a 6.5Cr J.H.. Just ordering stuff for it and you know patiently prepping brass....buying powder....
What bullets should I get. I'm thinking either Berger 130 Tactical Hybrids or Berger 140VLD Hybrids. Knowing how hard each is to find I would probably have to just back order 500 right off the bat so if the chamber will likely prefer one over the other I need to know.
I do know the 140 hybrids are EXCEPTIONALLY long from tip to Ogive.
I don't know if I'd go with the VLD versus the hybrid target

Not a bad idea and if you decide you want some better performance from the barrel we make drop in pre-fits for the RA's. You can turn it into a very precise hunting rifle for a small investment if you choose.

Not a bad idea. I have a 223 trainer with an 18" barrel on it, the thing is a hammer and makes for a very enjoyable time with young/new shooters. It's especially popular with a suppressor on it.
You guys notice the original ARC Nucleus thread with all of the order info has been removed/deleted?

Patriot Valley has the new machinery up and running on the shop floor now and the move is essentially complete. That was quite the endeavor but we're largely completed. The shop space is really a blessing and the new machine is scary fast and accurate... I am impressed by the performance it shows every time I ask it to do something. Each time we use it we learn more and the capabilities of the machine are just incredible. It's a huge step in the right directions.

The JHR's are well underway. We have barrels in place from Rock Creek and we are cutting barrels currently.
We have triggers in stock for the first batch.
BRAVOs are in stock for the first batch of RH actions.
Muzzle brakes are in stock for the first batch. Actually, we are well situated on brakes overall with several hundred on the shelf for basic orders as well.

Waiting On:
Marking Variance from the ATF is not complete.
FFL move paperwork is not finalized and returned. This puts a damper on things for lots of gunsmithing as we're doing machine work in one place and keeping the receivers at the old shop to remain in compliance with federal code. We're working with the situation though so it's not that big of a deal.
Receivers from ARC. I speak with Ted regularly and he's making excellent progress but I can say for certain that we're going to miss the April 16th projected release date.
- The issue arises from the small parts in the bolt. There were suppliers lined up and supposed to be making parts before Ted announced the project to the world. One of those vendors was making several pieces inside the bolt, including bolt heads, and they backed out after dropping the ball.
- Rather than attempt to source and qualify a whole new vendor at a late date, American Rifle Company stepped up to the plate and brought in more personnel and a VERY slick multi spindle, multi turret MillTurn Okuma to make the parts in house. When I spoke to Ted yesterday they were running bolt heads while he and I spoke and they're making excellent progress on recovering the issues generated by the lame supplier.

When I asked for an updated estimate on lead Ted has said "Mid to Late May, but if we can go faster we're going to".

After all the hassles that I went through to get our new single turret, single spindle MillTurn running I have a strong appreciation for Ted's new Twin Spindle Twin Turret machine and what it required to get it cutting chips.

He said the following is in place:

Action bodies are hammering out through the milling centers and Wire EDM
Bolt heads are running on the new MillTurn currently.
Scope Rails for the Nucleus are machined and being anodized (they might be back from plating, that information is 10 days old)

Now, before I get a ton of emails/calls/PM's about an individualized status for a JHR or Nucleus barreled action, please read through what I've posted and know that as I know more I will update it here. Emails asking for "any further detail" I've asked Jeremy to ignore because it keeps him planted at a keyboard writing the same thing back over and over as opposed to working on a machine getting rifles out the door. If he's writing emails then his skills as a machinist and rifle builder are not being utilized to help me with the workload.

If we haven't made an update here then there is nothing of significance to put in an individual email/PM/call on the Nucleus and JHR Projects.

How about prefit barrel orders for the Nucleus? The Nucleus is potentially ready in a couple of weeks, is there a chance of your prefit barrel being ready by then?

Reactions: jgs8163
Does anyone know if these are coming with the raw stainless barrel or will they be black?

Nope, added cost with no performance benefit. If you shoot it you will be tossing the barrel in a few thousand rounds for a replacement so it's just throwing money away for no reason

No doubt. I just hate the bare steel look. Nothing I cannot duracote on my own :)

Bumping this up because I have some news on the JHR (not related to the shipping date). Yesterday I got to handle one (not shoot it). My thoughts:

* ELR shooting. Josh took a JHR in 308 to the recent PRS ELR match at Q Creek. He was the only production gun in the field. He had some mechanical issues (more on that below) but the rifle shot well. Some of this is thanks to the projectile he was using: his 198gr Flatline (G1 BC well over 0.8).

* The stock. My first time w/ the KRG stock being used. Its not a Manners, but for 1/4 the price, its solid. I liked the adjustable options especially the cheek weld.

* The action. Very tight, smooth. Love the bolt knob. Again, looks to deliver a lot of performance for a good price.

* Main Spring. This is the mechanical issue Josh encountered at Q Creek. He says ARC has fixed this issue and I know Josh is on top of it too, but its something users will have to watch.

All in all, for $2000, this rifle appears to offer a lot of performance for not a lot of $s. I'm excited to see the AARs from users as these things get out in the field.

Bumping this up because I have some news on the JHR (not related to the shipping date). Yesterday I got to handle one (not shoot it). My thoughts:

* ELR shooting. Josh took a JHR in 308 to the recent PRS ELR match at Q Creek. He was the only production gun in the field. He had some mechanical issues (more on that below) but the rifle shot well. Some of this is thanks to the projectile he was using: his 198gr Flatline (G1 BC well over 0.8).

* The stock. My first time w/ the KRG stock being used. Its not a Manners, but for 1/4 the price, its solid. I liked the adjustable options especially the cheek weld.

* The action. Very tight, smooth. Love the bolt knob. Again, looks to deliver a lot of performance for a good price.

* Main Spring. This is the mechanical issue Josh encountered at Q Creek. He says ARC has fixed this issue and I know Josh is on top of it too, but its something users will have to watch.

All in all, for $2000, this rifle appears to offer a lot of performance for not a lot of $s. I'm excited to see the AARs from users as these things get out in the field.
Main Spring ??

Man, one thing I do not like to hear about is functioning issues. Let's pray that ARC sniffed this out before the production models were being released..

As I understand it the main spring was only an issue on the 3 prototype actions that were rushed to be ready for shot show. It was a known issue that was fixed long before reaching the full production actions.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
As I understand it the main spring was only an issue on the 3 prototype actions that were rushed to be ready for shot show. It was a known issue that was fixed long before reaching the full production actions.
that's good news

The issue has been resolved. I just got my KRG stock but I had a different backbone put in it for a lefty. All I need to do is inlet for the bolt handle. It is a very nice stock for the money.