• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 'production' rifle from PVA - J. Hancock

As I understand it the main spring was only an issue on the 3 prototype actions that were rushed to be ready for shot show. It was a known issue that was fixed long before reaching the full production actions.
You are correct.

It's also fixed in the prototype. I changed the spring out this week when I got home.

You are correct.

It's also fixed in the prototype. I changed the spring out this week when I got home.

I hope you and ARC crank up production, cause I bet we'll see more John Hancocks at matches. I know I will be looking at it in the next year. For now, my Nucleus build will have to do.

I’m seriously considering this route versus getting a custom.

I actually had some unexpected expenses crop up if youd like to take my place in line. I ordered a PVA Nucleus Barreled Action. If anyone wants to take my spot, feel free to send me a PM. Im not going to cancel my order, they're busy and have plenty of headaches as is. But I'm willing to sell my spot if anyone is interested.

I actually had some unexpected expenses crop up if youd like to take my place in line. I ordered a PVA Nucleus Barreled Action. If anyone wants to take my spot, feel free to send me a PM. Im not going to cancel my order, they're busy and have plenty of headaches as is. But I'm willing to sell my spot if anyone is interested.

Interested. I’ll send PM.

Placed my order today for a nucleus barreled action, sitting in a bravo. Went with 6.5, 22" MTU, cut rifling, and sprial fluted. Can't wait. Jeremy was very helpful and friendly, and was able to answer all of my questions very quickly. Basically a John Hancock, but I don't need the factory part for PRS, I just wanted a good "my first precision rifle". @bohem I did forget to ask one thing, will my rifle come with the same trigger that comes in the Hancock?

Last edited:
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Placed my order today for a nucleus barreled action, sitting in a bravo. Went with 6.5, 22" MTU, cut rifling, and sprial fluted. Can't wait. Jeremy was very helpful and friendly, and was able to answer all of my questions very quickly. Basically a John Hancock, but I don't need the factory part for PRS, I just wanted a good "my first precision rifle". @bohem I did forget to ask one thing, will my rifle come with the same trigger in the Hancock?

You’ll want to look at your order to see if you spec’d one. The barreled actions do not come with a trigger by default. If you can stretch it, get a triggertech diamond

Reactions: Jared91
Everyone check your email. Looks like we are getting AWFUL CLOSE to JH rifles shipping!!!

?????????????

Reactions: jbailey
Everyone check your email. Looks like we are getting AWFUL CLOSE to JH rifles shipping!!!

?????????????

You are correct Mammoth. Here's the email from Jeremy:

Date: October 16, 2018 at 11:58:36 AM CDT
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Subject: Nucleus/Hancock Update

Hey Everyone!
Below is a status update for the John Hancock Rifle and Nucleus Barreled Action orders.
The sum total of all current information is included in this email, we are covering the various questions regarding firing pin springs, controlled round feed, etc.

Firing Pin Springs, Pin Protrusion, & CRF:

Originally the Nucleus action was designed with 16lb/in firing pin springs. In extensive testing (almost 5,000 rd across 3 different actions) we found some issues with the 16lb'rs. Therefore the Nucleus and Hancock actions were ordered with the 19lb springs. In additional testing the same situations that caused intermittent light strikes with the 16lb springs showed no issues with the 19lb springs.

Here is a somewhat lengthy pair of posts on the discussion of bolt lift, firing pin protrusion and firing pin force that Josh wrote on Sniper's Hide forums.

Bolt Lift & Spring Force
Pin Protrusion

The CRF questions that have been raised regarding the Nucleus have been largely solved through the Gen 2 extractors made by ARC. The actions that are being delivered through PVA have all been updated with the Gen 2 extractor and

Nucleus Barreled Actions:

We are working on the next batch of 22 receivers that we have here now. If you are waiting on the Nucleus Barreled action please send us an email with your FFL information included to the address below.

Subject Line: "FFL for Order #xxxx"
Address: [email protected]

Please do not respond to this email as it's highly likely to get misplaced. The FFL information is fundamental to getting the barreled actions shipped out, in order to best accomodate everyone please use the Subject Line approach listed above.

Hancock Rifles:
The actions are all finished with laser engraving and the legal marking requirements at ARC. The receivers went to nitride treatment today and should be back sometime in the next 10-14 days. We have a bunch of barrels done and sitting on the shelf currently so that a number of folks will be getting rifles within a couple hours of the actions arriving to us from ARC.

The same FFL needs for the Hancocks exist as the Nucleus. Please use subjection line format as follows:

Subject Line: "FFL for Order #xxxx"
Address: [email protected]

Please do not respond to this email as it's highly likely to get misplaced. The FFL information is fundamental to getting the barreled actions shipped out, in order to best accommodate everyone please use the Subject Line approach listed above.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Patriot Valley Arms
792 Dorlan Mill Road
Downingtown, PA 19335
Shop: (405) 753-0608

Can you show photos? Are you willing to update the gen 1 extractors?

Can you show photos? Are you willing to update the gen 1 extractors?

You would have to address Ted with that question. Josh and PVA has nothing to do with the extractor situation.

bumping this one up in case anyone has any more discussion on the JHR.

I note there is a guy selling a spot for one (in 6mm Dasher) in the PX and there is a good video of a JHR 6mm Dasher at 500 and 800 in that ad. Tempting me... although that firing pin issue scares me.

Reactions: TheMammoth
default_smiley-scared.gif

Two things, we were told we would get a discount on magazines, never happened. Then most recent was the new bolt design and when available for those that already had their rifles could get the new bolt, but there has been no further communication on this.

What's the status on each of these, because emailing gets no response?

I note there is a guy selling a spot for one (in 6mm Dasher) in the PX and there is a good video of a JHR 6mm Dasher at 500 and 800 in that ad. Tempting me... although that firing pin issue scares me.

Ah yes, the video is mine. I shot this weekend at 630, 925, 1040 and 1350, should have recorded. Once I got the wind right, the 12" plate at 1040 was a breeze. Hit it 4 shots in row until the wind changed on me.

Two things, we were told we would get a discount on magazines, never happened. Then most recent was the new bolt design and when available for those that already had their rifles could get the new bolt, but there has been no further communication on this.

What's the status on each of these, because emailing gets no response?
I believe the bolt issues were to have been addressed by ARC and not PVA, correct? Have you contacted ARC?

If you are interested in a John Hancock in 6mm Creedmoor, beware, it has a .210 freebore. I tried my "go to" 105 Berger Hybrids and my CBTO ended up 2.277. I spoke with PVA and for liability reasons they had to go with the longer freebore to cover the different factory ammo. Im not real pleased but I should have done my homework before ordering. PVA recommended the Hornady 108 ELD but it wasn't much better, CBTO 2.273. If you like shooting the 115 Dtac, I would say jump on it. I have abound 50 rounds through my JHR and it has functioned flawlessly, tight groups as well.