• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing New Project rifle, for school

Re: New Project rifle, for school

I admit to not knowing a whole lot, but I like the idea of having superflous parts of guns like the bolt handles, base screws and triggers on 1911 to be softer than the more expensive and complicated parts like receivers, barrels, and frames.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...
Schooling yourself is as expensive as paying, but it's priceless trial and error. I will not make the same damned mistake twice.

... </div></div>

i can attest to that
grin.gif

You too.

I had to order a new bolt body myself after my first attempt at bushing a firing pin.

It's alright. The caliber I might build in school will need a .223 bolt face anyways, this one was a .243 bolt. I've always been interested in a whisper build

I fixed it... sorta
I filled the milled out groove in with high strength epoxy and started over. I got it this time. It works great as long as the epoxy holds.
I'll show pics when I get a chance

I know, I know, not very good. But it was my first try and I'm sure I'll do great next time. I have the proper end mills and bits set aside for doing this now and will attempt it again on my good rifle once I can cerakote it.
I'll practice on several bolts that I and my father owns over the next couple weeks.

After all the stuff on the first page, and me being so busy getting orders out, I kinda put off this thread. I'll find it in four months when I'm in Gunsmithing school and it gets some serious work done.

Cerakote has my full attention right now. It's not easy. We're blowing through buckets of $$$ to learn, and I'm the only one doing work for AZ Precision. My partner is busy and will be for two more months. Every bit of work done by AZ Precision Gunsmithing is through my hands so I am busy as you can imagine.

Everything I'm doing right now is for my customers. I'm spending as much as I'm bringing in trying to improve my product, while not raising prices.