• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Razor????

I think the top of the turrets is transparent with RGB lighting.

That button changes the colour or allows disco mode.
Sign me up if it's color changing rgb. I'll buy 20 if it syncs up to music 😂😂

12mils a rev..?

Makes sense though: I've always looked at my turrets and said to myself: "If only I could do something that offers very little benefit, yet is still just small and unusual enough to make this a little more confusing and fuck me up more often..."
I'm honestly not sure what you're saying here.

Are you saying with those gigantic cataract shooter sized turret numbers, indicating exactly where you are at on your turret for both the first and second revolution, that you think you'll still be confused by what your turret is on?

You don't have to do mathz here, just read what it says. If you fuck that up then you should have learned to count past 10 without taking your shoes off..😉

Reactions: wade2big
I'm honestly not sure what you're saying here.

Are you saying with those gigantic cataract shooter sized turret numbers, indicating exactly where you are at on your turret for both the first and second revolution, that you think you'll still be confused by what your turret is on?

You don't have to do mathz here, just read what it says. If you fuck that up then you should have learned to count past 10 without taking your shoes off..😉

Nope. Nope Nope.

No one cares how big the numbers are.

That's retarded. Don't try and convince me water ain't wet. 12 mils a rev is dumb.

Look, you drew first blood, it's not my fault that Vortex probably already has someone on the payroll to tell them 12mils a rev is dumb instead of having to find out after a pic gets posted on some forum.

The numbers are a good size though, very easy to read when making your correction right after it's fucked you up because you dialed wrong.

(It's actually not that big of a deal, not too many of us ever need more than 8-9mils anyway. It's just a good thing the rimfire market doesn't matter these days or anything.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunt_4life
Nope. Nope Nope.

No one cares how big the numbers are.

That's retarded. Don't try and convince me water ain't wet. 12 mils a rev is dumb.
You want to do 3 turns to get 24 mils of elevation, or do you only want 20 mils of elevation?

Reactions: Secant
Get back to me when it comes in black. Not interested in "paint your vast and extensive library's bathroom this color" brown.

Also, if the clicks aren't so tactile and loud that they tickle my butthole... than it's not a PRS scope. Just a fact.

Get back to me when it comes in black. Not interested in "paint your vast and extensive library's bathroom this color" brown.

Also, if the clicks aren't so tactile and loud that they tickle my butthole... than it's not a PRS scope. Just a fact.
I heard from a Vortex insider it will match your purse and heels. As far as tickling your butthole...you will have to talk to the Burris rep for those services.

Interesting.

I actually hope they keep them heavy like the HDG2’s… since most will just have to make up the difference with another set of weights, and doubt anyone is planning on throwing these on their lightweight hunting rig.
Not everyone LARPs around carrying 25lb rifles 100m to and from old tires and 2x4 frames, and Razors are basically excluded from use due to their weight. If I'm going to carry all that mass in a scope, it better be a ZCO/TT and have something to show for it. I won't touch most Razors due to this, no matter how inexpensive they become. The 4.5-22 LHT is nice and light, but it has its own set of issues for something like PRS.

Also, correct, these won't be going on lightweight (or even middle or heavyweight) hunting rifles, because they weigh too much...

Even if you are going for the ultra-heavy zero recoil game gun, it's nice to be able to move the weight around as conditions change. The scope, by it's very nature, can only be in one place based on optical design and the positioning/eye of the person looking through it.

Last edited:
Not everyone LARPs around carrying 25lb rifles 100m to and from old tires and 2x4 frames, and Razors are basically excluded from use due to their weight. If I'm going to carry all that mass in a scope, it better be a ZCO/TT and have something to show for it. I won't touch most Razors due to this, no matter how inexpensive they become. The 4.5-22 LHT is nice and light, but it has its own set of issues for something like PRS.

Also, correct, these won't be going on lightweight (or even middle or heavyweight) hunting rifles, because they weigh too much...

Even if you are going for the ultra-heavy zero recoil game gun, it's nice to be able to move the weight around as conditions change. The scope, by it's very nature, can only be in one place based on optical design and the positioning/eye of the person looking through it.

There are plenty of Razors being used on "real world" guns that have to be humped outside of a flat range, and can be seen recently at the Hat Creek sniper competition.

Fact-7-a-1024x683.jpg

A12I4132-1024x683.jpg

A12I4337-1024x683.jpg

Haha, butthole tickling is an upgraded service thats only available on our brown scopes... 😉
But you will state that the illuminated butthole tickling feature will be ready very soon... and 3 years later, no illuminated butthole tickling will be available in any colored scope. We know how Burris do.

• Haha
Reactions: Birddog6424
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20200326155A1/en?assignee=Sheltered+Wings,+Inc.&num=100&sort=new

View attachment 7762071View attachment 7762073

Abstract​

A viewing optic is disclosed. In one embodiment, the viewing optic is a rifle scope having a scope body, a movable optical element defining an optical axis connected to the scope body, a turret and a zero point adjustment subassembly. The turret includes a turret screw, a turret chassis subassembly and a turret cap. The turret screw defines a screw axis and is operably connected to the optical element for adjusting the optical axis in response to rotation of the screw. The turret cap at least partially overlaps the turret chassis subassembly. The zero point adjustment subassembly includes a zero cap connected to the turret screw and a locking mechanism. The locking mechanism releasably secures the zero cap and the turret. The zero point adjustment subassembly permits adjustment of the zero point without the use of tools.

Edit - Maybe off topic but here's there trademark applications for either this optic or potentially other upcoming optics.
https://uspto.report/company/Sheltered-Wings-Inc
View attachment 7762083
MH-6 is a reticle Sightron is using.

MH-6 is a reticle Sightron is using.
Makes me wonder if the Vortex Golden Eagle or any of the expanded "Eagle" line up will have a MH-6 reticle and be a competitor to the Sightron SVIII 5-40x56.

There are plenty of Razors being used on "real world" guns that have to be humped outside of a flat range, and can be seen recently at the Hat Creek sniper competition.

Fact-7-a-1024x683.jpg

A12I4132-1024x683.jpg

A12I4337-1024x683.jpg
My follow-up question would be: why? I completely understand that it is done, I'm just left wondering what would lead to that decision unless it's sponsorship or contract-based. There's enough money in those rifles there's no reason they're not topped with different glass, especially if you're going to take the weight hit. Razors hit a good price/performance balance, but the weight is an awful tradeoff for something that's actually going to be carried for miles on end; I'm surprised people aren't optimizing that out. To each their own! Great scopes, just not the tradeoff I'd personally like. Hopefully the new offering trims some oz, then they'd have something. That and different color options. 🤣

I'm gonna bet on the latter :sneaky:

Now we're talking!

My follow-up question would be: why? I completely understand that it is done, I'm just left wondering what would lead to that decision unless it's sponsorship or contract-based. There's enough money in those rifles there's no reason they're not topped with different glass, especially if you're going to take the weight hit. Razors hit a good price/performance balance, but the weight is an awful tradeoff for something that's actually going to be carried for miles on end; I'm surprised people aren't optimizing that out. To each their own! Great scopes, just not the tradeoff I'd personally like. Hopefully the new offering trims some oz, then they'd have something. That and different color options. 🤣

You do realize the Razor in those pics is the new Gen III, right? Maybe it's not going to be as heavy as you think...

Last edited:
You do realize the Razor in those pics is the new Gen III, right? Maybe that's a clue that it's not going to be as heavy as you think...

Well, hopeful fingers crossed, then. No, I didn't realize the Razors in the pictures quoted were the new generation, and that those would be lighter. That's great news, if so, and would definitely have my interest piqued.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Hey, maybe it'll lose a pound and be under 2K! :ROFLMAO:

If they lost a pound they could stay at the current pricing and do just fine, they're already a great value - that would remove one of the last major detractors from these optics (weight). Not that anybody would mind a lower price, either, but at some point reality has to come into play, hah.

If they lost a pound they could stay at the current pricing and do just fine, they're already a great value - that would remove one of the last major detractors from these optics (weight). Not that anybody would mind a lower price, either, but at some point reality has to come into play, hah.
So you must have a few of the AMGs then right with the need to be humping up and down mountains for miles on end? They are a 28.5 ounce Razor. LOL

And in the real world companies don't work for years to improve their product with quite a few improvements and then put it out at the same price. And as I said earlier, people need to wait to see it and it to be released before they talk it down. The new optic will hit a lot of points for people that they were asking for.

So you must have a few of the AMGs then right with the need to be humping up and down mountains for miles on end? They are a 28.5 ounce Razor. LOL

And in the real world companies don't work for years to improve their product with quite a few improvements and then put it out at the same price. And as I said earlier, people need to wait to see it and it to be released before they talk it down. The new optic will hit a lot of points for people that they were asking for.

I think you misread my post. I don't expect/want them to lower the prices, I think they're already an incredible value, if anything I expect a price increase - and it would be justified if they cut weight and maintained or bettered optical quality. The other poster I quoted had mentioned lowered prices, and I was pointing out that was asking an awful lot, just as I think you are now.

I do have a few LHT 4.5-22s on some lightweight hunting rifles, actually. No AMGs, I wasn't a fan of the few I looked through.

3956540.jpg

You want to do 3 turns to get 24 mils of elevation, or do you only want 20 mils of elevation?
Most people RARELY (if ever) need to dial 20+ mils of elevation. And if you do, you most likely aren't under a tight time constraint so taking an extra second or two to dial isn't a big deal. In most competition settings when you are under time restrictions, its nice to have 10 mil turrets that have big easy to read numbers since it is uncommon to leave the first revolution anyway. Then you can run the turrets fast and not worry about which tiny tick mark you're actually on. I just wish more companies understood this. Apparently Kahles is listening, since they took the normal K525i and improved it for the DLR model.

Most people RARELY (if ever) need to dial 20+ mils of elevation. And if you do, you most likely aren't under a tight time constraint so taking an extra second or two to dial isn't a big deal. In most competition settings when you are under time restrictions, its nice to have 10 mil turrets that have big easy to read numbers since it is uncommon to leave the first revolution anyway. Then you can run the turrets fast and not worry about which tiny tick mark you're actually on. I just wish more companies understood this. Apparently Kahles is listening, since they took the normal K525i and improved it for the DLR model.

I wish my ZCO turrets were 10 mil, and agree that 10 mil turrets are easier to dial vs. a turret with 12-15mils crammed in. Pretty much my only "complaint" with ZCO.

I am looking forward to getting a Razor Gen 3 though.

I wish my ZCO turrets were 10 mil, and agree that 10 mil turrets are easier to dial vs. a turret with 12-15mils crammed in. Pretty much my only "complaint" with ZCO.

My biggest complaint with my ZCO as well. But when I brought it up they didn't seem to agree with me 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: ormandj

My biggest complaint with my ZCO as well. But when I brought it up they didn't seem to agree with me 🤷‍♂️

I also agree, I like the larger click spacing, especially on nice feeling turrets like those. It'll be interesting to see what the G3 Razors have to offer.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer

It's more about how they engineer the turrets, nobody complains about Tangent Theta's 15 mil turrets (well I'm sure we can find someone somewhere who does). Best 10 mil turrets I've experienced thus far are the new turrets on the March 5-42 and close behind are the turrets on the March 4.5-28x52, March has really up'd their game from the mushy turrets I had on my early model 3-24's. Minox did the same thing, new turrets are much better than older versions, I wish manufacturers would come out and say "Gen II turrets" or something like that, but instead they just improve on the original design and don't say much, maybe because they don't want to do a lot of turret upgrades from disgruntled customers like me :LOL:

That said, the re-designed turrets shown in the opening post show some promise that Vortex may have gone back to the drawing board and improved on an already good design. If memory serves the Gen II 4.5-27x56 was introduced in 2014 and has dominated PRS for a long time, since then a lot of competition has come into play so not surprised Gen III (assuming that is what this is) is coming out (especially since Gen III 1-10 came out quite a awhile ago and rumor mill fired up then about a new Gen III long range scope)

Bill beat me to it. But I was going to say I think we’re getting a little carried away here with turret spacing and Mil per rev honestly. Least for me my k525i had 16 mil/rev turrets and has remained my favorite turret I have used to date (I’ve yet to feel TT). Lighter weight, better glass, and most off all a very good reticle will pull me. I am glad the turrets are non-locking if that’s speculation is correct. I’m eagerly awaiting the reticle and mag range.

I get where you guys are coming from. There are some turret designs out there that don't really benefit from 12, 14, or 15mils per turn.

If you look closely at the picture of the turret I posted, you'll see nothing is crammed in there. Thats a fairly large diameter turret, and the .1 hashes are clearly spaced along with large, easy to read numbers. Its right there plain as day, you can tell by looking at it. Some of us geezers with failing eyesight shooting in the senior division are gonna love it 🤣

I’ve got 20/15 vision, and am not a geezer, haha. Frankly it’s just dumb not to utilize available space on the turret.

I’m also one of those that have been hoping for a lighter Razor. I don’t bolt weight to my rifles, nor do I use straight taper/truck axle barrels. I’ve had the G2R and AMG at the same time. They weren’t interchangeable options for me - I preferred the Razor in every aspect except weight.

I’m hoping this is a meaner, leaner, new, improved, and more gooder Razor. Looking forward to the release.

What is all the speculation ? some have already deemed this new razor junk, complaining about it, well wait no longer the new Arken is out, you don't have speculate, you have it now. LOL :ROFLMAO: C'mon now you know that was funny, seriously though I too am waiting on this new Razor.

I get where you guys are coming from. There are some turret designs out there that don't really benefit from 12, 14, or 15mils per turn.

If you look closely at the picture of the turret I posted, you'll see nothing is crammed in there. Thats a fairly large diameter turret, and the .1 hashes are clearly spaced along with large, easy to read numbers. Its right there plain as day, you can tell by looking at it. Some of us geezers with failing eyesight shooting in the senior division are gonna love it 🤣
Do they have a Senior Division? That would be me, haha. I’m right there with you Birddog, bigger numbers help my struggling eyes. Why have a massive turret with tiny numbers (ahem Tangent Theta!!!), ZCO definitely got that one right! The pic of the Razor does not instill confidence with the size of the numbers, if that’s the final design then someone at Vortex really dropped the ball.

Five years ago I couldn’t figure out what the fuss was all about, I could see up close and tiny just fine. Then presbyopia hit me overnight and I was wondering why the heck my turret was a big fuzzy blob.

Do they have a Senior Division? That would be me, haha. I’m right there with you Birddog, bigger numbers help my struggling eyes. Why have a massive turret with tiny numbers (ahem Tangent Theta!!!), ZCO definitely got that one right! The pic of the Razor does not instill confidence with the size of the numbers, if that’s the final design then someone at Vortex really dropped the ball.

Five years ago I couldn’t figure out what the fuss was all about, I could see up close and tiny just fine. Then presbyopia hit me overnight and I was wondering why the heck my turret was a big fuzzy blob.

Easy solution, just get one of these, then you're out of complaints.

1640223191402.png

Reactions: cornhusker86

Haha, I get it brother, believe me!

Yes, the PRS has a Senior division. Its recognized at both the Regional and National level.. 55 and older. The 2022 season will be my first year. My creaky damn knees and complete lack of flexibility in those low positions say its high time I started competing against fellas more my speed 🤣

The weight though :( I hope that spec is wrong lol. Though considering the rifle I want to put it on that wouldn't be an issue. I just hope it's sub 40oz. Still eager to see the EBR7D

So long as the 3.5-21x50 version weights less than 30oz I'll be happy

That FOV spec is very good.

Reactions: Jack's Dad