• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New RCBS Rebel press

Ryridesmotox

Hood rat
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2019
Has anyone been hands on with one yet?

I am thinking about upgrading from my Lee challenger. Between the MEC, RCBS Rock Chucker, and CO-AX. Still leaning Forster, but the new Rebel has me intrigued.

It honestly doesn’t seem special. The website doesn’t tell you much. I will say I do really really like my mec though all I do is size on it. It really is the smoothest I’ve ever used. I was like you wanting the coax but the more I thought about new lock rings, not being able to use some dies (cam lock puller, Hornady micro seaters), and it never being in stock I got frustrated and bought the mec “used” here for a steal. Now I recommend it to any one looking. Also I’m pretty sure in-line makes quick change plates for it now too.

Reactions: 92G
It honestly doesn’t seem special. The website doesn’t tell you much. I will say I do really really like my mec though all I do is size on it. It really is the smoothest I’ve ever used. I was like you wanting the coax but the more I thought about new lock rings, not being able to use some dies (cam lock puller, Hornady micro seaters), and it never being in stock I got frustrated and bought the mec “used” here for a steal. Now I recommend it to any one looking. Also I’m pretty sure in-line makes quick change plates for it now too.

Yea all those are good points. I have 2 other presses, not counting my challenger, a Loadmaster and a Lee APP. I think I could get a bullet puller on the APP to work. But I use a kinetic puller right now anyway. Are the Hornady micro seaters too tall? I currently use forster seaters for my rifle laoding. But im going to possibly be helping a buddy load for his 300prc, and he is going to either get Hornady dies (including a micro seater) or RCBS matchmaker dies. I gotta be honest, I didn't even think of die height when considering the coax.

Hornady dies are pretty tall. The more I look at the rebel. It just seems like rock chucker with a higher price tag. They said it’s heavier.... who cares. It has tighter tolerances..... in my opinion runout it solved by quality dies not the ram.....has a zerk fitting....... how many dudes has been using the same rk for 40 years. They are reinventing the wheel for 100$+ more than it should cost. If you were set on buying green press I’d go on eBay and by it for 80$

Hornady dies are pretty tall. The more I look at the rebel. It just seems like rock chucker with a higher price tag. They said it’s heavier.... who cares. It has tighter tolerances..... in my opinion runout it solved by quality dies not the ram.....has a zerk fitting....... how many dudes has been using the same rk for 40 years. They are reinventing the wheel for 100$+ more than it should cost. If you were set on buying green press I’d go on eBay and by it for 80$

I was actually more set on the forster than anything. But the die height issue has me intrigued. Right now I won't have an issue as I'm pretty much using forster dies, so I guess I'm assuming (maybe incorrectly?) that the forster dies will clear the Coax.

Are there any other brands that have problems clearing? I also use RCBS dies.

I was actually more set on the forster than anything. But the die height issue has me intrigued. Right now I won't have an issue as I'm pretty much using forster dies, so I guess I'm assuming (maybe incorrectly?) that the forster dies will clear the Coax.

Are there any other brands that have problems clearing? I also use RCBS dies.
My Hornady microtop seaters clear my coax just fine.
My Forster microtop seaters clear just fine.
My Redding microtop seaters clear just fine.

Forster made the change from the short wishbone a looooong time ago.

My Hornady microtop seaters clear my coax just fine.
My Forster microtop seaters clear just fine.
My Redding microtop seaters clear just fine.

Forster made the change from the short wishbone a looooong time ago.

Thanks for that info.

Do you have one of the quick change (either Hornady or Lee) adaptors for the mec?

I have a ton if lee bushings, but I didnt want to get a nice press and then put the bushing system in and make worse ammo. Did you load ammo without the LNL bushing and notice any difference in quality of production?

I have a ton if lee bushings, but I didnt want to get a nice press and then put the bushing system in and make worse ammo. Did you load ammo without the LNL bushing and notice any difference in quality of production?
I used my Hornady 6gt sizing die direct thread on it for maybe a hundred rounds the brass had .000-.001 runout. The Hornady bushing is the same. like I said I only size on it, which is arguable that’s where good ammo starts. I will say for the Hornady system there are “tight” bushings And loose ones. I typically pick tight ones for sizing to get more repeatable shoulder bump. Been doing everything else on my lnl ap. I just hate sizing on a cam over.

I used my Hornady 6gt sizing die direct thread on it for maybe a hundred rounds the brass had .000-.001 runout. The Hornady bushing is the same. like I said I only size on it, which is arguable that’s where good ammo starts. I will say for the Hornady system there are “tight” bushings And loose ones. I typically pick tight ones for sizing to get more repeatable shoulder bump. Been doing everything else on my lnl ap. I just hate sizing on a cam over.

That's reasonable. I do all my rifle stuff on my single stage now. Part is laziness form switching over, part is because I have a lee loadmaster progressive and it blows a leper's dick for rifle stuff.

Thanks for the info

Reactions: Nimothy
That's reasonable. I do all my rifle stuff on my single stage now. Part is laziness form switching over, part is because I have a lee loadmaster progressive and it blows a leper's dick for rifle stuff.

Thanks for the info
I’m assuming that’s a gross dick. Never seen one. Hahahahah

Has anyone been hands on with one yet?

I am thinking about upgrading from my Lee challenger. Between the MEC, RCBS Rock Chucker, and CO-AX. Still leaning Forster, but the new Rebel has me intrigued.

I've also been eyeing the rebel. Tough call. Right now there is an RCBS rebate so I'll be going with that or the rockchucker

I have heard the new RCBS press has a different way of catching spent primers which is pretty appealing to me. I have a rockchucker in the garage and it’s not uncommon for a primer to pop out and roll across the garage. Not the end of the world in a garage and I’ve heard there are some aftermarket products people have made for it, but something I’m taking into consideration as I build the workbench in the basement and possibly even put a press in a spare room.

I have heard the new RCBS press has a different way of catching spent primers which is pretty appealing to me. I have a rockchucker in the garage and it’s not uncommon for a primer to pop out and roll across the garage. Not the end of the world in a garage and I’ve heard there are some aftermarket products people have made for it, but something I’m taking into consideration as I build the workbench in the basement and possibly even put a press in a spare room.

Yeah I think they drop straight out the bottom so you can just put a trash can under your bench

Reactions: Lucky Se7en
Any of you guys with the Rebel tried this Primer Catcher and does it work worth a shit...? It stays secured with magnets and I'm wondering about this during operation. If you have another primer catch setup on the rebel please post pics of your setup please, looking for better ideas than a bucket on the ground. Thanks

RCBS.PNG

Hope it's worth the hype because I ordered one this morning over the RC Supreme. Will find out soon enough if the few extra bucks is worth having spent primers not going all over the place. I like the idea of them coming out the bottom of the ram, vs. right below the shell plate. It is also very slightly heavier than the RC, so seemed like that couldn't hurt ether.

Should have never sold my old RC in the first place, because reloading 300wm or anything tall on a 450/550 is a huge pain in the ass.

22lbs, largest opening of any RCBS press, it's smooth, good leverage, the flat surface by shell holder and bottom primer eject is really nice to. But it's a single stage press guys it goes up, it goes down... If you're looking for something to blow your mind I'm not sure a $226 press is gonna do it. I reloaded on a RCBS Partner for 8yrs it did the job precisely just fine, I love my Rebel but if you're looking for mind blowing shit look at a Prazipress or Area 419 for $1200 and months wait. For $226 I doubt you'll beat the Rebel

Don't know about you guys, but I can't see the value in it. It might be a bit larger, but if I can't prime with it, it's useless. I redid my Rock Chucker by drilling through the ram and now my primers exit through the bottom and I'm still able to prime with it.

RCII_Ram.jpg

I like mine compared to my last press I would not call it the greatest anything , but it has worked pretty well for me so far , my kit was only missing a couple of things and both of them were just a phone call to rcbs away to make right if it bothered me that much . the only thing about the press I am less that happy about is the screws that hold in legs for the side not sure of there proper names they continually worked there way loose then out but again that was simple to fix with some blue loctite they have not loosened since . good luck to you if you get one I thought It was well worth the money to me .