• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New RF bino from Vectronix!!! Vector X

I mostly shoot NRL Hunter matches now and having a Kestrel in the mix gets cumbersome and is another place for the process to break down. So, I don't use the Kestrel or binos for wind calls. I've seen folks using 10K's for wind and they are quite good at it, though. Having wind at your fingertip on the gen 2 looks real nice if you need it and I could potentially see testing that. Having to go into the menu as shown above on the Vectronix wouldn't be useful for me in a match situation, though.
This is why at this point I am sticking with the Swaro EL Range 8x42s. I don't want/need the kestrel involved for matches like NRL hunter, PRS or DMR matches. However, I have a Kestrel simply because there is no way to use the Swaro binos OR app, to download/view ballistic tables, so I use the Kestrel along with AB and/or Chairgun on my phone if I need hard fixed data for shooting something like a Run and Gun competition where carrying Binos or Kestrel makes no sense. Ideally Swaro would make their solver available in the app so you could view and manipulate data for hard dope cards because so far, the Swaro solver, whatever it is they are using, is more accurate for me than AB/Kestrel or Chairgun/Kestrel.

This is why at this point I am sticking with the Swaro EL Range 8x42s. I don't want/need the kestrel involved for matches like NRL hunter, PRS or DMR matches. However, I have a Kestrel simply because there is no way to use the Swaro binos OR app, to download/view ballistic tables, so I use the Kestrel along with AB and/or Chairgun on my phone if I need hard fixed data for shooting something like a Run and Gun competition where carrying Binos or Kestrel makes no sense. Ideally Swaro would make their solver available in the app so you could view and manipulate data for hard dope cards because so far, the Swaro solver, whatever it is they are using, is more accurate for me than AB/Kestrel or Chairgun/Kestrel.
I’m so disappointed in the Swarovski app. I paid 3600 for my El Range and this stupid app has me trapped on their ecosystem. Every gun has to be matched to a Swaro scope for a profile. Only able to have 3 profiles total. 3 loaded in the binos and no extras saved in the app. If I want a new profile I have to select one of their scopes and create something new on the fly and replace a known good config. The glass is awesome but if you have more than 3 barrels/rifles you regularly use you’re screwed.

I’m curious how the Vextronix app will work and if I will be able to have a number of gun profiles saved. Preferably at least 10 and if they could be copied from my Kestrel it would be golden.

I’m so disappointed in the Swarovski app. I paid 3600 for my El Range and this stupid app has me trapped on their ecosystem. Every gun has to be matched to a Swaro scope for a profile. Only able to have 3 profiles total. 3 loaded in the binos and no extras saved in the app. If I want a new profile I have to select one of their scopes and create something new on the fly and replace a known good config. The glass is awesome but if you have more than 3 barrels/rifles you regularly use you’re screwed.

I’m curious how the Vextronix app will work and if I will be able to have a number of gun profiles saved. Preferably at least 10 and if they could be copied from my Kestrel it would be golden.
I will 100% agree with you on that part. I talked to Swaro about adding more profiles...at least in the app, but I am sure it won't go very far. I usually just select any scope that is MRAD with the same click value and let it roll. With that being said, the inputs are simple, and seem...abbreviated at first, but the results are excellent so I put up with the rest of it. For me, I only have about 3 guns that I really get anal about when it comes to precision so its not as big of a hindrance to me as it will be for some.

Reactions: Texascbr

Honestly, I've been very impressed with the Sig10k. I'm fairly certain the Gen2 is going to be an outstanding unit.

Vextronix get's to win or lose by how the do their app. Without a doubt, SIG is the other major player.

The app support on the other players has been lacking for years. I have literally tried everyones LRF/Binos, and the Sig Kilo10K was the first to really work across the entire solution.

The only reason I considered and order the vectronix vector was do to the folks that have had the Gen1 Sig Kilo 10k, and then played with the Vector X.

IMO the Sig 10k and the Vector will be the only games in town for a while. The only question mark is how Vectronix supports the app, and what functionality the app comes with.

(I've tried the Busnells, Swaroskis, Sig, Vectronix [Terrapin-X], Leicas, and Grumman... Only the Sig 10K was a real winner... Great support, frequent updates, etc., up til now.)

Reactions: Simonsza1
Seems like all of the heavy hitter optics companies have gone to shit on warranty aside leica for RF's. You just basically accept that your $3K RF is disposable after a couple years. That's probably fine if you are a heavy competitor/pro hunter etc. where you can probably consider that gear consumable or that in 3 years you'll swap out for whatever the newest thing is anyway. You also have to conclude that even the top companies expect fairly high electronic failure rates if they are only willing to offer 2-3 year electronic warranties when offering 10-lifetime year mechanical/optical warranties.

Leupold - 2 years electronic
Swaro - 5 years electronic/10 year optic/mechanical
Zeiss - 2 year electronic/ 10 year optic/mechanical
Sig - 5 year electronic (but from date of manufacture......better hope you get a fresh unit!)
Leica - hard to find details on it, seems like it's probably 10 years in USA
Bushnell - seems to be lifetime
Vortex - lifetime
Burris - lifetime

Updated:

Vectronix - 3 years electronic, 5 years glass USA

So again… Sig… has definitely upped the game in the industry, if you compare features versus warranty length.

It appears Vectronix decided to offer a much better warranty than they had on the terrapin X, which was only one year and severely lacking.

Last edited:
Seems like all of the heavy hitter optics companies have gone to shit on warranty aside leica for RF's. You just basically accept that your $3K RF is disposable after a couple years. That's probably fine if you are a heavy competitor/pro hunter etc. where you can probably consider that gear consumable or that in 3 years you'll swap out for whatever the newest thing is anyway. You also have to conclude that even the top companies expect fairly high electronic failure rates if they are only willing to offer 2-3 year electronic warranties when offering 10-lifetime year mechanical/optical warranties.

Leupold - 2 years electronic
Swaro - 5 years electronic/10 year optic/mechanical
Zeiss - 2 year electronic/ 10 year optic/mechanical
Sig - 5 year electronic (but from date of manufacture......better hope you get a fresh unit!)
Leica - hard to find details on it, seems like it's probably 10 years in USA
Bushnell - seems to be lifetime
Vortex - lifetime
Burris - lifetime
I can go ahead and tell you Bushnell is NOT lifetime. I got a paperweight that looks just like a Fusion bino that proves it. The worst part is, it was hard to consider the issue "electrical", but they did. The entire battery housing completely broke off the bino housing. They would not warranty anything.

You're right, Bushnell is sneaky, good marketing on their part. It looks like they changed their warranty since 2021, and have had many other legacy versions, but they put "Lifetime Iron-Clad Warranty" on their products now.........It's all in how you define "lifetime"

With Bushnell they now define "lifetime" as 5 years for electro-optics. :rolleyes: I'm sure it's just a coincidence they make it hard to find that info instead of just stating it clearly on the product pages......:unsure:

There is warranty coverage and accidental damage coverage.

Does anyone have them yet and can provide some feedback on how accurate the ranging is at less than 100yds? I have the old Leica HDB and the glass is excellent, the range finder only does whole yards. I use them for 3D archery a bunch and need 10ths. My son's Sig 6k are pretty good, the 10k blue tint makes it really hard for me to see the rings on the black targets.

Honestly, I've been very impressed with the Sig10k. I'm fairly certain the Gen2 is going to be an outstanding unit.

Vextronix get's to win or lose by how the do their app. Without a doubt, SIG is the other major player.

The app support on the other players has been lacking for years. I have literally tried everyones LRF/Binos, and the Sig Kilo10K was the first to really work across the entire solution.

The only reason I considered and order the vectronix vector was do to the folks that have had the Gen1 Sig Kilo 10k, and then played with the Vector X.

IMO the Sig 10k and the Vector will be the only games in town for a while. The only question mark is how Vectronix supports the app, and what functionality the app comes with.

(I've tried the Busnells, Swaroskis, Sig, Vectronix [Terrapin-X], Leicas, and Grumman... Only the Sig 10K was a real winner... Great support, frequent updates, etc., up til now.)
Barbour Creek has a mini-review of the Sig Gen2

Vectronix - 1 year USA, 2 EU

So again… Sig… has definitely upped the game in the industry, if you compare features versus warranty length.

It would be really nice if Vectronix offered a decent warranty.
Very similar price between the Gen2 Sig and Vectronix.

I see a big advantage to the Vectronix in the range extenders, and reticle.
But a terrible warranty certainly swings it in Sigs favour.

I don't expect a Vortex style warranty (replacement when I drop them off a cliff) but $2600 binos that become a brick after 12 months isn't appealing.
Definitely lends some validity to buying separate binos and a LRF.

VECTOR X​

What are the guarantee and warranty conditions for my VECTOR X?​

The terms and conditions depend on the applicable regulations in the country where you purchased your VECTOR X. In general, however, when purchasing a VECTOR X, you’ll receive a 3-years warranty for the electronics and a 5-years warranty for the optics and mechanics, excluding misuse.

Reactions: GBMaryland
OK, I stand corrected!

The terrapin X had a one year warranty and I could not find, using my Googlefu, a warranty on the vector X.

Of course, that’s extremely better… However, the Sig still beats it from warranty standpoint.

So from my research these are able to range about twice as far as the terrapin x? Was about to pick up a terrapin but I guess I should wait?

OK, I stand corrected!

The terrapin X had a one year warranty and I could not find, using my Googlefu, a warranty on the vector X.

Of course, that’s extremely better… However, the Sig still beats it from warranty standpoint.
SIG needs a better warranty

So from my research these are able to range about twice as far as the terrapin x? Was about to pick up a terrapin but I guess I should wait?
I’ll tell you that the terrapin X wasn’t really very good with certain lighting conditions and smaller overall targets.

My understanding is that Sig got exclusivity for the laser system and the algorithms used for the 10K. Now that period of time is over, other manufacturers are able to put their spin on it and use the same basic software under the hood.

VECTOR X​

What are the guarantee and warranty conditions for my VECTOR X?​

The terms and conditions depend on the applicable regulations in the country where you purchased your VECTOR X. In general, however, when purchasing a VECTOR X, you’ll receive a 3-years warranty for the electronics and a 5-years warranty for the optics and mechanics, excluding misuse.
Screenshot and link for posterity:

722ED235-BD72-4950-ABF2-4E6321FC9661.png

Of course, there is a bit of wiggle room in the “country where you purchased” it bit.

I have a couple of questions hopefully someone can answer...

1. Do they have a scan feature? (hold the range button down and it quickly refreshes the ranges)
2. Is there a First Target, Last Target option in the menu?

Thanks in advance.

My understanding is that Sig got exclusivity for the laser system and the algorithms used for the 10K.
Do you have more info on this? Or who the provider is for Sig's laser/components?

1. Do they have a scan feature? (hold the range button down and it quickly refreshes the ranges)
Yes, Vector X have scan
Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 1.21.00 PM.png

2. Is there a First Target, Last Target option in the menu?
Don't know, sorry... I would have assumed yes, however the "Range Mode" or "Laser Mode" only toggles between universal laser mode and long range mode
Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 1.38.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 1.42.12 PM.png

Interesting feature I hadn't seen discussed... Remote activation. Zero utility for me though:
Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 1.21.13 PM.png

Last edited:
I should read the whole thread. Curious to see why there are 385 posts discussing something no one has even used lol
When has that ever stopped the hide?

( we've actually had a pre-pro unit for a couple months and been using them on the range and at a couple of matches, they're great.)

I should read the whole thread. Curious to see why there are 385 posts discussing something no one has even used lol
That's the Internet purpose it gives everybody a chance to talk about something they don't have a clue about...jokes apart if you have time to go through it you'll find some useful info...just to put this into perspective the ARC Coup de Grace action thread is now at 142 pages, just saying...

:ROFLMAO:

That's the Internet purpose it gives everybody a chance to talk about something they don't have a clue about...jokes apart if you have time to go through it you'll find some useful info...just to put this into perspective the ARC Coup de Grace action thread is now at 142 pages, just saying...

When has that ever stopped the hide?

( we've actually had a pre-pro unit for a couple months and been using them on the range and at a couple of matches, they're great.)

:ROFLMAO:

Ok ok point taken :geek:

• Haha
Reactions: giumau1
So… where are these and when can I get one?

I’ve signed up a a couple of sites for pre-orders.

• Haha
Reactions: 4O6shootist
So… where are these and when can I get one?

I’ve signed up a a couple of sites for pre-orders.
Kind sir if you send me your most expensive thermal I will not only send you a VectorX, but a custom Birdsong-Diamond-coated VectorX!

First the naked VectorX in all of its glory, which you will most certainly receive in the finest flat-packed padded USPS Priority padded envelope that’s padded and delivered by our nation’s finest white-glove delivery butlers:
1717768511909.jpeg

Now pick your pattern:
D1D9739E-F798-4EC1-B47C-DBA523DED9A4.jpeg

1717768575548.jpeg

90 days not same as cash!

Last edited: