• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New RF bino from Vectronix!!! Vector X

Nope

Doesn't work like that, if you could get free focal length everyone would be using teleconverters instead of buying a separate scope for each FL.

Like I said probably won't really notice a difference in daytime photography. But you will lose stops and image quality with ANY teleconverter period. Is it noticeable for daytime photography? Probably not. But there is a difference

But at night with the most demanding subset of photography - night star fields and objects you bet it does.

There's no way you are convincing me that there is no IQ difference when you slap a TC on a modern camera lens from any nikon or canon.
Come on over to the sunshade thread. 😆

Nope

Doesn't work like that, if you could get free focal length everyone would be using teleconverters instead of buying a separate scope for each FL.

Like I said probably won't really notice a difference in daytime photography. But you will lose stops and image quality with ANY teleconverter period. Is it noticeable for daytime photography? Probably not. But there is a difference

But at night with the most demanding subset of photography - night star fields and objects you bet it does.

There's no way you are convincing me that there is no IQ difference when you slap a TC on a modern camera lens from any nikon or canon.
Well, it doesn’t matter if you are convinced or not. 1.4x teleconverters for mirrorless are so good now that Nikon literally builds them into their supertelephotos. You can’t remove them, just flick them into or out of the light path. Olympus has a lens like that too, and Canon started the trend in still photography IIRC with their old EF 200-400mm f4 (which wasn’t as good as the modern mirrorless versions).

Of course there has to be some small loss of quality and one stop of light. Realize because these built-in teleconverters can be tuned exactly for those individual lenses vs the older general purpose teleconverters that needed to work with many focal lengths, lenses, and f-stops. Any quality loss from these new built-in TCs, especially, are invisible in today’s normal photography.

Nikon SLR teleconverters for the F-mount were never as good as Canon SLR EF mount versions (esp their 2x). Maybe this is where you’re getting your bias?

Now the answer to the question if the optical quality is up to snuff for your very specialized area…that is beyond my expertise. But the mirrorless teleconverter quality at this point (even the separate mirrorless TCs) is good enough for pro nature and sports photographers, believe me.

Top end bird photographers, in particular, are picky as hell about feather detail. Like, crazy picky. But they’re not shooting geometrically near-perfect balls of light like you lol.

Last edited:
And we’re talking about your eyes vs a digital image. I find that your eyes are much, much more forgiving looking at a live scene through a lens vs looking at a digital image taken through that same lens.

Plus Vectronix can optimize these teleconverters for just ONE focal length vs Nikon/Canon needing their external versions to work across a large range of focal lengths.

For example, in Nikon’s F-mount’s case: 70-200 f2.8, 200mm f2, 300mm f2.8, 400mm f2.8, 500mm f4, 600mm f4, and possibly their 800mm f5.6 lenses. I think the last version of their F-mount 800mm even had a built-in 1.25x TC.

Given the reasons I laid out, I don’t think we have to worry if the TC-aided image will be good enough with these binos.

I’m not a Vectronix fanboy. Never owned a single thing from them.

Last edited:
So you’re saying that what me and numerous other professional photographers have witnessed with our own eyes is simply not true?
Doesn't work like that,
Doesn’t work like what? Refer to comment above, are you saying the Z 1.4x TC isn’t any better than the F mount TCII/TCIII teleconverters and that somehow we must be deceiving ourselves with regard to the superior IQ we are witnessing using the Z teleconvertor?
if you could get free focal length
Not sure where this comment comes from, I don’t think anyone is advocating free focal length, any TC will decrease the amount of light. With a 1.4x it is one full stop of light, with a 2x it is two full stops of light. With regard to binoculars the benefit of increased magnification comes at the cost of decreased light.
everyone would be using teleconverters instead of buying a separate scope for each FL.
Plenty of people use teleconverters in the photography world including many professionals.
Like I said probably won't really notice a difference in daytime photography. But you will lose stops and image quality with ANY teleconverter period.
I never said you wouldn’t???
Is it noticeable for daytime photography? Probably not. But there is a difference
Pretty sure that is the point I made. It’s likely our definition of what that difference is is where you’re getting hung up.
Pretty sure we are talking about binoculars here intended to be used to range distances during daylight situations.
I can’t find anywhere where I was advocating there is no IQ difference, here is my original quote.
A lot depends on the design. In the camera (lens) world, adding a 1.4x teleconverter to a professional lens only degrades the image slightly in modern design mirrorless lens systems. If Vectronix did their homework (and I assume they did) then likely these 1.4x extenders will offer minor degradation in quality, but we won't know for sure until they get into the field.
Show me where I was trying to convince anyone there is no degradation of IQ?

Can we talk more about the chicken? I saw the chicken dance post...please tell me this made it into production....
vextronix_chicken.png

Can we talk more about the chicken? I saw the chicken dance post...please tell me this made it into production....

So.... In our talk with Philip from Vectronix he was very excited about the chicken icon idea. As I'm sure you read, it pops up when the rangefinder decides it needs to have it's compass calibrated. The idea is that calibrating the binos compass looks like doing the chicken dance. Philip really thought this was funny and it is my understanding that the feature will remain in production. I thought it seemed like a nice, small, memorable, shortcut icon to let the user know to calibrate. I like the idea but found it more funny ah-ha, than funny guffaw.

Anyone, based on the label, where are they made or assembled?

Last edited:
I think the blue tint has been slightly over blown. This is true for all the new stuff across the board. That was just a bad photo indoors.
The Vortex Fury samples that I looked through almost immediately gave me a headache. To a lesser extent the Sig Kilo 3000 and Vortex Fury 5000 HD samples were problematic for me. If both barrels were tinted blue, it'd probably have been better for me. I must just be sensitive to the blue tint or something, but those were legit deal killers for me.

Can you say whether or not the blue tint in these Vectronix is more, less, or the same to the Vortex & Sigs?

The Vortex Fury samples that I looked through almost immediately gave me a headache. To a lesser extent the Sig Kilo 3000 and Vortex Fury 5000 HD samples were problematic for me. If both barrels were tinted blue, it'd probably have been better for me. I must just be sensitive to the blue tint or something, but those were legit deal killers for me.

Can you say whether or not the blue tint in these Vectronix is more, less, or the same to the Vortex & Sigs?
If the furys gave you a headache, don't ever look through Sig 10ks! You'll have a lethal aneurysm for sure.

If the furys gave you a headache, don't ever look through Sig 10ks! You'll have a lethal aneurysm for sure.
10k are horrible in this regard! Fantastic laser, glass sharpness, contrast is actually pretty good. But the color rendition is flattened severely by the blue tint. I want truly alpha level glass with ab. If these have blue tint, the new Leica Pro still sounds like the best solution. They don't have any tint.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
10k are horrible in this regard! Fantastic laser, glass sharpness, contrast is actually pretty good. But the color rendition is flattened severely by the blue tint. I want truly alpha level glass with ab. If these have blue tint, the new Leica Pro still sounds like the best solution. They don't have any tint.
Isn't the beam dispersion smaller in the .com's? I thought .com's were 1.2x0.5 mrad and Pros were 1.8x0.8 mrad? I've been holding off on a set of the .coms waiting for a better mouse trap.

I want exactly the same - alpha glass with solid laser, AB solver, and the vectronix display (or similar) with range & dope together.

I hope these Vectronix are the answer and that the tint is very minimal. I'm dying to spend the money, but I want to be able to glass for hours with these.

It'll be interesting how the glass in these stack up against the new glass in the kilo 10Ks. I looked through them last year at a match side by side my 10ks and there seemed to be no blue tint...

It’s live now, just search their site
Thanks for the heads up! They're priced at $2899.00. They're already in the checkout basket, but I realize this could be an impulse buy. I think I'll hold out a little longer, perhaps for a deal or more hands-on photos and reviews.

Thanks for the heads up! They're priced at $2899.00. They're already in the checkout basket, but I realize this could be an impulse buy. I think I'll hold out a little longer, perhaps for a deal or more hands-on photos and reviews.
I mean they do sound to good to be true. Lol.

However I ordered mine the second I saw the option. Haha.

That being said area419 posted a photo yesterday of their preproduction model. They said they would have a review up soon.

Can't wait to get ahold of this product later this year. I do wish I could run a different ballistics solver such as 4DOF rather than AB though.

A couple of more months out.......I'm hoping June vs July........any updates on that?

Reactions: RS14
A couple of more months out.......I'm hoping June vs July........any updates on that?
Eurooptic said the actual Binos would be available a touch earlier, but the whole package (arca clamp and extenders) would likely be closer to July

Edit: this information is roughly a month old, I called and talked with euro as I pre ordered them when they first came out. So newer info may be available

Last edited:
Eurooptic said the actual Binos would be available a touch earlier, but the whole package (arca clamp and extenders) would likely be closer to July

Edit: this information is roughly a month old, I called and talked with euro as I pre ordered them when they first came out. So newer info may be available
Production models have started to roll into T&E. They look great!

Does anyone know if the ranging display will be in the right or left eye? Asking for a friend who has limited vision in his right eye.

Apologies if I missed this somewhere but does this statement:
“When you connect your VECTOR X with a Kestrel 5700 Ballistic weather meter, the environmental data measured by it will be used by default by your VECTOR X for calculating firing solutions.”
Include continuous wind values as well?

Not like it makes a difference, I already folded and ordered one anyway.

Nick

Apologies if I missed this somewhere but does this statement:
“When you connect your VECTOR X with a Kestrel 5700 Ballistic weather meter, the environmental data measured by it will be used by default by your VECTOR X for calculating firing solutions.”
Include continuous wind values as well?

Not like it makes a difference, I already folded and ordered one anyway.

Nick
No, because the wind has to be locked to update the range on the Kestrel.

I've seen a few at matches. But I don't like the fact there is no display and it requires an app.
I am unfamiliar with the device you have attached here, and I know for certain it will not work with AB Ecosystem devices.

I am unfamiliar with the device you have attached here, and I know for certain it will not work with AB Ecosystem devices.
I've seen it a few times, actually... All the 3 major matches I've shot in this season. I think people are manually inputting wind. But maybe someone here has a better explanation of their workflow. (I personally use a different anemometer and workflow for my Kestrel + HUD + Terrapin).

It would be a rather rad integration, though.

I am unaware of the characteristics or principalities of this device or its abilities and why this exists.
Because unlike the kestrel, you can put multiple of these out on a range and get wins at different ranges, not only that it offers live monitoring instead of having to lock it in

It says on the vextronix page the new binos will integrate with the calypso. How so, and to what extent it does with data, who knows.

• Love
Reactions: NiteQwill
This is fabulous
I love my calypso....especially with the Garmin watch......that being said, I don't want to give that up. Looks like a second one will be needed.

Also understanding SW and product development, it'll probably take some time from initial launch, but I'll be patient. Ideally Kestrel integration would be great, especially if they could average wind and automate brackets within a few miles an hour live.

Reactions: NiteQwill