• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New savage 110BA 338 LM

Re: New savage 110BA 338 LM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DG 308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had mk 4 long range on my .308 with 0moa scope base. After i zeroed rifle at 100 yards i had 5or 6 mils left up around 40 moa .
To get to a mile with .338 lm (300gr bullet @2700fps) you need around 22 mils from 100yard zero. </div></div>

Say what? based on what do you make that claim? Maybe at 15K feet altitude.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grizzdude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice diego, I might start out with one of those scopes myself.

I just checked these out and it seems a lot of people like them for the price, I saw a few that have the illuminated recticle on them. Is that a feature that most like? What do you long range shooters think about the illuminated recticle? </div></div>

Grizz, on the illuminated recticle, I have shot early morning and at dusk, with the huge tube on the LRS, there was lots of light. I don't see the need. Just me. Now there are a lot of guys out there that poo poo the LRS because it is not a NF or S&B or other 1.5K-3K optic, like I said, I have had those side by side with my LRS and out to 1K yards I did not see the benifit of the extra 1k spent. I will say the recticle on the other brands were thinner which would make it easer to see small targets and of course the others have custom turrets, and other features;however, for my $$ and bang for the buck, I like the LRS.

Diego

Diego

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snipedogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dstewart51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if its set up for #8 screw. Ill have to call them in the morning and find out. What I have on order is the A165 that's listed for the Long Action Savage post 2004 (Accutrigger). </div></div>

Hmm, even if it's not it shouldn't be a big deal to open it up. It's not a huge difference in size and the inlet for the bolt head should be big enough in case you have to do that. Let us know because this was my main concern when looking at a base to get for mine. </div></div>

Talked to Nightforce, nope. All Nightforce bases for Savage are for #6 screws. I then called Badger Ordenance, same. But, I spoke with a fellow named TG at Ken Farrel and they do make a Savage 110BA base with #8 screws. It's not listed on the web yet, so you would need to place the order VIA phone.

I ordered a Ken Farrel 20moa steel base from this morning.

I just bought a Sightron 8-32x56 w/ the new moa reticle. It's great for the money, but if you can afford a nightforce or S&B, go with one of those

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dstewart51</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snipedogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dstewart51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if its set up for #8 screw. Ill have to call them in the morning and find out. What I have on order is the A165 that's listed for the Long Action Savage post 2004 (Accutrigger). </div></div>

Hmm, even if it's not it shouldn't be a big deal to open it up. It's not a huge difference in size and the inlet for the bolt head should be big enough in case you have to do that. Let us know because this was my main concern when looking at a base to get for mine. </div></div>

Talked to Nightforce, nope. All Nightforce bases for Savage are for #6 screws. I then called Badger Ordenance, same. But, I spoke with a fellow named TG at Ken Farrel and they do make a Savage 110BA base with #8 screws. It's not listed on the web yet, so you would need to place the order VIA phone.

I ordered a Ken Farrel 20moa steel base from this morning.
</div></div>

Thanks for the info man. Ken Farrell stuff is solid don't worry it's on par with the NF bases. I'll be surecall via phone and snag one when I'm ready in a week or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdnkasole</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why not have the savage accurized for a few extra bucks, then you have a even better shooter and it can compete with the Steyer... hell buy 5 of them and have accurized for the price of the Steyer. </div></div>

Who does this and what do they do?

thx Diego

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 with Nightforce Low rings on mine, but it has the HS Precision stock on it. There is a good article in Tactical Operator Magazine comparing it to a Steyer .338L and they scored them the same at the end. But the Steyer is $7000.00!!!</div></div>

I am a Savage fan and love my 110 BA. I read that article and thought it was not a well structured test of the guns. Yes the Savage was scored the same but not on accuracy. Steyer won on accuracy, by a small margin. Savage won on price. Not a good comparison.

Still how can you beat Savage's accuracy, quality, and price? I don't think it can be done. Savage rules.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diego-ted</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grizzdude</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

Grizz, on the illuminated recticle, I have shot early morning and at dusk, with the huge tube on the LRS, there was lots of light. I don't see the need. Just me. Now there are a lot of guys out there that poo poo the LRS because it is not a NF or S&B or other 1.5K-3K optic, like I said, I have had those side by side with my LRS and out to 1K yards I did not see the benifit of the extra 1k spent. I will say the recticle on the other brands were thinner which would make it easer to see small targets and of course the others have custom turrets, and other features;however, for my $$ and bang for the buck, I like the LRS.

Diego

Diego</div></div>

Hey Diego, I also use a Millet LRS illuminated scope. I read reviews on this forum and many of them were not so favorable. The reviews on optics planet were almost all favorable. Anyway, I love the scope and am impressed with the quality so far. Have not used it long enough to see if it holds up. I am intending to upgrade some of my guns with Sightron and Nightforce. I do not think it's fair to compare a $450 scope with a $1,800 scope like a lot of guys do.

PP we were out today, I dialed dope from 650 yards out to a mile and back down the LRS was dead on! What can I say!

Diego

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diego-ted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PP we were out today, I dialed dope from 650 yards out to a mile and back down the LRS was dead on! What can I say!

Diego </div></div>

Hey Diego, I bought a new Nightforce last month and thought about mounting it on my 110 BA - but decided not to and put it on one of my Savage .308 instead.

I am still using my Millett LRS on the 110 and am more than pleased. The scope is really underrated. It's a perfect match for the 110 and has been working great. I have been shooting the 110 with the LRS for almost a year and scope has not failed me. Tracks well and holds zero. I will not change that scope unless there is a reason too.