• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New savage tactical styled rimfire

B.Bates

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Palatka, Fl
edit * i guess this is old news, sorry i just found it

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1475739

just ran across this, introduced at shot. I have been wanting a nice 22lr trainer for a while but dont really have the $$ for a quad build, no pricing yet hopefully its under $800

i am pretty excited about it

sav17hmr01.jpg

Savage Arms was well represented today at the SHOT Show’s “Media Day as the Range.” We saw and shot several new offerings from Savage (including a tactical rifle in 338 Lapua Magnum and a hunting weight 6.5-284). We’ll cover these centerfire Savages later this week. One of the new Savages we really liked was the model 93R17 TR, a slick little 17 HMR. It looks and feels like a full-sized centerfire tactical bolt-gun, it comes with an excellent stock and nice trigger, and it is both affordable and very accurate. (NOTE:v Savage is also offering 22LRs rimfires in the same stock, the MK II TR and TRR

Re: New savage tactical styled rimfire

If you get a chance ask how much this stock will run us if we want to retrofit our savage mark II with this black beauty wood stock thanks!

Does it come with the tactical bolt knob? That looks awesome I can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for the great pictures I'm heading to my gun store tomorrow to see when I can get one.

Savage's web site shows the TR with a normal rounded ball style bolt knob. If the TR comes with a Tactical knob that would be one less cost to customize it.

The stock doesn't look like wood.
Bolt knob is nice. Out of the way too.
I like it.

I wonder if they will make one in left handed. Im looking at buying a tactical style .22 trainer type rifle but i cant find an affordable left handed rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The stock doesn't look like wood.
Bolt knob is nice. Out of the way too.
I like it. </div></div>

Website says its wood... Which is fine by me because their plastic stocs are far too flimsy...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: poles93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it come with the tactical bolt knob? That looks awesome I can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for the great pictures <span style="font-weight: bold">I'm heading to my gun store tomorrow to see when I can get one</span>. </div></div>

Available now in 17 HMR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jedberg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if they will make one in left handed. Im looking at buying a tactical style .22 trainer type rifle but i cant find an affordable left handed rifle.

</div></div>

id jump on one if a left handed version came out also ,,rifle looks pretty sweet

I handled these rifles at Shot Show. They will be great. It actually has a tactical bolt knob which is not shown on their web site. I was very disappointed in the people at the booth they could not really answer questions. I was told by an engineer that that 100 plus rifles had been made and was shipped in December. The second day I stopped by I asked the same question and they again stated they were made but did not know when they would ship.

The stock is definitely wood but looks like fiberglass. It feels more like a full size stock, very comfortable to hold. Does not twist real easy so practicing with a sling will be doable. This is a big plus. If you already have a Mark II you can buy a stock from Sharp Shooters Supply. They are $199.

The only thing they could have done better would be include a full length scope rail versus the 2 pc. but that can be changed.

I did not see the TRR and really did not look for it nor did I ask questions about as I had no interest.

When will SSS have these available? Or is that not known yet. Also, did they say if these were laminated wood or plain?

Thanks,

Jason

I got one of these stocks from the Shot Show for my Hm2... Really Happy..It's wood not laminated and good weight too.

They say they will be $476 and $546 with the Flash rails...

I'm thinking of having Some Checkering done on the grip and fore end for a little custom look also bedding the action...thoughts?

Should really make a difference as the "Stock" Stock is rubbish.. way too much flex and does not seem to like the bipod.

Are you sure the bolt knob comes standard? I was told it was just for show to make it look more tactical.

That would suck cuz the tactical bolt knob really finishes it off. If not I will just have to get one made up but would have been a big savings. Glad I still have friends that work in machine shops. Someone in the know keep us posted please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlimySquirrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got one of these stocks from the Shot Show for my Hm2... Really Happy..It's wood not laminated and good weight too.
</div></div>

How much did just the stock run ya?

I spoke to the folks at the Boyd's stocks booth at SHOT, they're the ones making the stock for Savage. It's a laminated stock painted black.They also had on display the same stock for the Ruger 10/22,it felt great. They wouldn't sell me the demo stock,they only have 2 of them.They said it would be available in the spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke to the folks at the Boyd's stocks booth at SHOT, they're the ones making the stock for Savage. It's a laminated stock painted black.They also had on display the same stock for the Ruger 10/22,it felt great. They wouldn't sell me the demo stock,they only have 2 of them.They said it would be available in the spring. </div></div>

Wait... so your saying Boyds is making an A5 style stock for the 10/22 thats coming out in April??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke to the folks at the Boyd's stocks booth at SHOT, they're the ones making the stock for Savage. It's a laminated stock painted black.They also had on display the same stock for the Ruger 10/22,it felt great. They wouldn't sell me the demo stock,they only have 2 of them.They said it would be available in the spring. </div></div>

Wait... so your saying Boyds is making an A5 style stock for the 10/22 thats coming out in April?? </div></div>

Yes, the stock had a butthook like the A5 but a fore end more like a A3.Like a dummy I didn't take a picture of the stock. April? You know how these manufacturers are , we'll have to wait and see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke to the folks at the Boyd's stocks booth at SHOT, they're the ones making the stock for Savage. It's a laminated stock painted black.They also had on display the same stock for the Ruger 10/22,it felt great. They wouldn't sell me the demo stock,they only have 2 of them.They said it would be available in the spring. </div></div>

Wait... so your saying Boyds is making an A5 style stock for the 10/22 thats coming out in April?? </div></div>

Yes, the stock had a butthook like the A5 but a fore end more like a A3.Like a dummy I didn't take a picture of the stock. April? You know how these manufacturers are , we'll have to wait and see. </div></div>

Interesting.. i wonder why they didn't use the same stock (A5 forend and butt) as the Savage and just cut the inletting for the 10/22. Did it have the same textured paint as the Savage?

Maybe they had to make the stock a little different than the Savage(exclusive design?).It had a textured paint job,I thought it was a little too rough. I asked if will be available unpainted, they said it probably will.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke to the folks at the Boyd's stocks booth at SHOT, they're the ones making the stock for Savage. It's a laminated stock painted black.They also had on display the same stock for the Ruger 10/22,it felt great. They wouldn't sell me the demo stock,they only have 2 of them.They said it would be available in the spring. </div></div>

Yeah! Can't wait until they become available and I dearly hope the stocks with fit the older MKII actions.

Cam, I CAN'T believe you didn't take a picture. You of all people.
grin.gif