• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt & Bender PM2 6-36x56

Might be, I ordered one with DTII+ in RAL8000 in may this year but was told only available in D27/35.
Yep....at this time this is what's available in Pantone or RAL 8000

Attachments

• IMG_20231211_055841.jpg
    IMG_20231211_055841.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20231211_055834.jpg
    IMG_20231211_055834.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 81
Thanks again guys. I think this optic will be on my buy list for my bolt gun this coming year. I just wish they had some more reticle options, but the P5FL seems good to go minus a simple tree.

Well, that's going to make it more difficult to remember what revolution you're on, especially with a non-translating turret... wtf, S&B?

1702703558942.png

According to Euro Optic's webpage this applies to all PMII models with the MTII turrets, not just the 6-36. Seems like a somewhat important feature to drop...

Well, that's going to make it more difficult to remember what revolution you're on, especially with a non-translating turret... wtf, S&B?

View attachment 8297714

According to Euro Optic's webpage this applies to all PMII models with the MTII turrets, not just the 6-36. Seems like a somewhat important feature to drop...
Probably some Swarovski patent… 🥁🎶😢

View attachment 8297714

The numbered flags are still up top to indicate current revolution.

I have seen them in person at Eurooptic, and confirmed that the numbered flags are still there with Jerry R. at SB

Scott

something strange is going on here. I am currently having some issues with my S&B 6-36 and seems to be related to the turn indicator among a couple other issues. My elevation turret gets stuck at the 15 mil mark with or with out MTC engaged. I believe I read some other having similar issues?

Edit- my model is not a MT turret

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TheOE800

View attachment 8297714

They are referring to the PINS that protrude out to indicatec turret revolutions as previously used ....like on my 3-27.

They stopped using the pins and now just have the rev indicators on the turret top.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216_173157_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216_173157_Gallery.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20231216_172716_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216_172716_Gallery.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 43
Ah, that makes sense.

Didn't know they had pins and the turn indicator windows, I thought the MTII turrets only had the indicator windows, and couldn't believe they would remove those on a 5 turn non-translating turret...

• Haha
Reactions: TheOE800
Ah, that makes sense.

Didn't know they had pins and the turn indicator windows, I thought the MTII turrets only had the indicator windows, and couldn't believe they would remove those on a 5 turn non-translating turret...

Still...0 way to know what rev you are on night now.

And @Islas82 better get an email to Jerry

Huskydriver, I'm don't understand... the MTII+ turrets, on top of them, have flags numbered, 1 thru 5 to indicate which rev it's turned to. What do you mean there is 0 way to know?

Scott

If you are shooting at night htf are you reading those numbers? You going visible light? That's a no go for me...

And that's exactly what I told SB.... Their fix is s bandaide instead of fixing the real issue with the design

If you are shooting at night htf are you reading those numbers? You going visible light? That's a no go for me...

And that's exactly what I told SB.... Their fix is s bandaide instead of fixing the real issue with the design
ok yeah, absent light, they don't function, and I see where a post for each rev would be required, and good redundancy even when it is light out.
and I read "right" instead of "night" (night now) in your previous post so had I read it correctly, I might have figured it out.

Scott

@TheOE800 I doubt it. So the turret still dials past 15mil but when I get to the 15mil mark it a hard stop and I have to force the turret to keep dialing (am getting 26 mils total). At first when I zeroed the turret the same was happening at the 10.5mil mark but that seems to have loosen up. This is happening with the MTC off by the way, my guess is that there’s an issue when the turn indicator starts to engage.

@TheOE800 I doubt it. So the turret still dials past 15mil but when I get to the 15mil mark it a hard stop and I have to force the turret to keep dialing (am getting 26 mils total). At first when I zeroed the turret the same was happening at the 10.5mil mark but that seems to have loosen up. This is happening with the MTC off by the way, my guess is that there’s an issue when the turn indicator starts to engage.
You sure they didn’t send you a Minox?

You sure they didn’t send you a Minox?
No experience with Minox but no am sure this is the new S&B. To add to my misery the windage turret is mushy and soft AF reminds me of a vortex strike eagle 😂. And the parallax is way off as well, have to dial to infinity to get parallax free at 500-600 yards and yes I set up my diopter correctly the way I always have with all my other optics.

Send it in and don’t play with it anymore. I had my 5-45 do something similar. It’s likely one of the small metal parts got gummed up and something went wrong with it.

Reactions: Islas82
Send it in and don’t play with it anymore. I had my 5-45 do something similar. It’s likely one of the small metal parts got gummed up and something went wrong with it.
Yup just waiting on EO or SB to reply. Hope they send a prepaid label probably won’t hear from them till Monday. Scope is back in box.

So EO had Jerry at S&B call me on Monday morning I explained the situation to him and although he says these cases are rare shit does happen. According to him EO said that I could either get a replacement scope sent out or I can send the defective scope to Jerry to inspect and fix. Being the impatient person that I am I opted to get a new scope sent thinking that it would cut on turn around time and hoping to evade the holidays. Jerry said he would speak to EO about my decision that day and they’ll contact me that afternoon. As of today I have not heard from EO, I emailed them yesterday under my case number and nothing. I will try calling tomorrow and see if I can get this rolling. Merry Christmas to me!

Reactions: clonebuilder
Hopefully they’ll expedite you a new one, mine is smooth as butter into the 2nd rev when the pin pops up.

Reactions: Islas82
That’s interesting to hear…I personally wish it were a little more subtle. I have to concentrate more than I’d like so I don’t accidentally over-dial when I have a single click past the tactile click.
I take this back…the MTC at the full MILs in the slightly older 5-25 with the DTII+ turrets is not as subtle and I over-dial much more often. The 6-36 is right about perfect for what I’d want the MTC to be. I still occasionally over-dial but any less resistance and the difference in the MTC feature may be too subtle.

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
IMG_5743.jpeg
Took longer than anticipated but it’s back! Haven’t tested parallax just yet but the turrets are smooth on this one. Windage turret still a bit softer than elevation but not as bad as the previous one.

Reactions: Dendro
Was it parallax / focus related ??
Mine went back to the dealer not having shot one round.

It was looking beautiful until I set the parallax down to the minimum to adjust on a plumb line in my mount.

From there something went wrong for sure as I could not get any form of sharp picture anymore...

It happen late December, so I'm not sure it made it to S&B yet.

Was it parallax / focus related ??
Mine went back to the dealer not having shot one round.

It was looking beautiful until I set the parallax down to the minimum to adjust on a plumb line in my mount.

From there something went wrong for sure as I could not get any form of sharp picture anymore...

It happen late December, so I'm not sure it made it to S&B yet.

Ill

That’s it. I’m never getting out of bed again. Everything breaks. Too dangerous.

(Ray, I know you’re being sarcastic. Just riffing.)
You should check out the stats for your chance of being involved in a vehicular collision on a daily basis…

Reactions: clonebuilder
You should check out the stats for your chance of being involved in a vehicular collision on a daily basis…
Just reading your post I suffered some macular degeneration, goddamnit lol

But I know, right? Crossing my legs probably is ruining my balls’ long-term performance too. 😞

Don’t bring up that car fact when debating a gun-hater! Just slides off them like water off a duck’s back.

It’s a $3800 scope. You should not being seeing such issues on a brand new optic
As i said, lets talk about an entire lineup of scopes having parallax issues at 5500-6k.

When i went to Schmidt and Bender Winchester, VA, there were maybe 3 scopes on the shelf and only 1 was an RMA and the other 2 were there for reticle swaps.

A handful of people having issues does not a trend make.

@Glassaholic
You had a chance to look over a 6-36 yet?
I’m waiting for @koshkin and @Covertnoob5 to weigh in too.

Wtf doods I’m sick of this crap lol where’s my free gdamn reviews???

Ok I’m hangry & joking.

Ahem.

In other words:

I too am awaiting for these fine gentleman, these stewards of glass, these sommeliers of Solms to opine upon this latest fine optomechanical light-gathering device.

I’m waiting for @koshkin and @Covertnoob5 to weigh in too.

Wtf doods I’m sick of this crap lol where’s my free gdamn reviews???

Ok I’m hangry & joking.

Ahem.

In other words:

I too am awaiting for these fine gentleman, these stewards of glass, these sommeliers of Solms to opine upon this latest fine optomechanical light-gathering device.
Appreciate the kind words! Unfortunately I won’t buy a 636 anytime soon. I’m not in a rush for glass and can wait out the FOV issue to see what comes of it. So unless I can borrow one for review I probably won’t be doing that particular scope. Ilya may have a loaner tho. Not sure

Reactions: carbonbased
Appreciate the kind words! Unfortunately I won’t buy a 636 anytime soon. I’m not in a rush for glass and can wait out the FOV issue to see what comes of it. So unless I can borrow one for review I probably won’t be doing that particular scope. Ilya may have a loaner tho. Not sure
Jolly good sir. Completely understand. Was there not a big multi-scope review coming? I think you teased that a year ago.

If so, forgive me. You own me nothing, of course.

I really do appreciate you reviews and check your YT often to see if there’s anything new. I also thought @koshkin was also working on a big multi-scope review too. Maybe I missed it.

Jolly good sir. Completely understand. Was there not a big multi-scope review coming? I think you teased that a year ago.

If so, forgive me. You own me nothing, of course.

I really do appreciate you reviews and check your YT often to see if there’s anything new. I also thought @koshkin was also working on a big multi-scope review too. Maybe I missed it.
Yea it’s coming. I ended up breaking my TRIGGERCAM awhile back. Just got it back from South Africa so I can finish it up and get that out. Just takes awhile to put it together the way I want.

Reactions: carbonbased