• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt & Bender PM2 6-36x56

Now you have me curious, might try to grab another RG3 and another Schmidt at some point. Not saying the Schmidt was bad by any means but the RG3 was slightly better at top mag. The Tangent absolutely crushed them all at 35x, I was expecting to see falloff but it was like it kept getting better the more I increased the magnification, that was very surprising to say the least.
I have not seen too many Schmidt 6-36x56 scopes, so I do not know how mine ranks. With the RG3, the one I have is about midpack in terms of image quality. There is always some sample variation and I have seen some that were better and some that were worse (and I have seen a significant number of RG3s).
In terms of pure image quality, S&B I have is better than the RG3. It is not a huge difference, but I can see it. Schmidt keeps its performance in the higher magnification ranges very well. Not as well as the Tangent, but very well and better than RG3, ZCO, Theos, etc. None of these ever start resembling PST at any magnification. One of the strengths of the S&B is how even the performance is across the magnification range. There is some degradation on high mag, but not a ton of it. Distortion on low mag is very well corrected. It is an exceptionally nicely optimized scope and to figure out where it has weaknesses would have been difficult if I did not have the bloody Tangent next to it. I do not know what pixie dust they add to it up in Canada, but I think I should go visit and witness it some time. With the Tangent, I would like the FOV to be a little wider and reticle to be a touch thicker in a few places. Short of that, I have nothing to nitpick on.

ILya

Damn, I really like that new reticle. Kind of back to basics.

As do I. Reminds me a lot of the reticle in my Razor G3s, which I like. Enough there to be useful but clean and simple.

I really want to see through the scope pics of the tr2id at 6x, 10x, 15x, 20x, 25x, 30x, and 36x. Based on the tr2id data sheet and specified line thickness I thought it was going to be too thick for my tastes, but it certainly doesn't look like it was drawn with a magnum tip sharpie in that picture.

And now another question... since that scope was supposedly a military contract overrun, was it made to the wider european FOV spec or the narrower US FOV spec? If that scope really is a .mil overrun maybe it was made to the wider Euro FOV spec... how wide is the FOV in mils at 36x? Being it says "US" on the label on the box I'm guessing it was made with the US compliant 22 degree AFOV.

I really want to see through the scope pics of the tr2id at 6x, 10x, 15x, 20x, 25x, 30x, and 36x. Based on the tr2id data sheet and specified line thickness I thought it was going to be too thick for my tastes, but it certainly doesn't look like it was drawn with a magnum tip sharpie in that picture.

And now another question... since that scope was supposedly a military contract overrun, was it made to the wider european FOV spec or the narrower US FOV spec? If that scope really is a .mil overrun maybe it was made to the wider Euro FOV spec... how wide is the FOV in mils at 36x? Being it says "US" on the label on the box I'm guessing it was made with the US compliant 22 degree AFOV.

Since I'm the only person in the country with a S&B scope that has a TR2ID reticle in it (allegedly), I guess I'll take a swing at the reticle pics at different magnifications! I've never tried to do this before, so I have no idea if you guys preferred that I aim the scope at an object like a house, or just aim the scope at a wall or into the sky. I chose to put the TR2ID reticle on the side of a house that's down the street from me because I assumed that you guys could do some math and come up with an estimate for the FOV specs.

Even though I was pointing the scope (it was removed from the rifle) at a neighbors house, it didn't appear that anyone was home, and there was absolutely nothing in the windows where the scope was pointing (I was using the white window trim as contrast for the black reticle). I still felt like a weirdo taking these photos, but the scope wasn't on the rifle, the neighbors were NOT being observed/disturbed, I'm not posting any other photos of the house or surrounding area, and these photos actually serve a purpose (well, at least I hope these reticle photos are useful). If this reticle photos are in poor taste or violate PERSEC or anything else, please let me know and I'll remove these photos and take new ones. All I want to do is show the reticle against a white background on an object located a decent distance from me, nothing more and nothing less. I've never tried to take reticle/magnification photos like this before and I'm just fumbling my way through this, so please let me know if any photos need to be changed or if I need to take new and/or different photos.

Here's the new S&B scope, the RAL7005 gray color looks awesome! I found it easiest to just set the scope on my open mailbox door and point the scope down the road. This was the only way that I could get any distance for the reticle photos without randomly pointing the scope at the sky:

1000011970.jpg

1000011971.jpg

The side of the house is 167 yards away, and maybe you guys can use the reticle to figure out the FOV specs. Even though 167 yards isn't too far away, it's the longest stretch of open area around my house and it should give you guys an idea of what the FOV looks like at a somewhat decent distance. I tried to find an area that was an even 100 yards in distance, but I couldn't find anything that would work so I just picked this spot down the street. The window on the side of the house has white trim around it, and I thought that the white trim might help show the black reticle when trying to take photos with my phone.

Edit: I realized that people probably want to see an unobstructed view of the TR2ID reticle, not just the reticle on a house at distance. So, I quickly took some more photos of the reticle, this time it's inside my house with the scope pointed at the wall. These aren't good photos, but it's an unobstructed view of the TR2ID reticle at each magnification setting and I put each new photo underneath it's corresponding photo. I'll try to take some better photos when I have time (I might have to use a real camera too, my phone can't get clear images of the reticle). Hopefully this edit helps out a little more than my first set of photos.

6x
1000011943.jpg

1000012126.jpg

8x
1000011949.jpg

1000012121.jpg

10x
1000011951.jpg

1000012110.jpg

12x
1000011953.jpg

1000012033.jpg

15x
1000011955.jpg

1000012023.jpg

20x
1000011956.jpg

1000012020.jpg

25x
1000011962.jpg

1000012019.jpg

30x
1000011966.jpg

1000012018.jpg

36x
1000011967.jpg

1000012016.jpg

The two photos below show the illuminated TR2ID reticle at the 8th power setting. The top photo is at 6x magnification and the bottom photo is at 8x magnification.

1000011983.jpg

1000011981.jpg

The two photos below show the illuminated TR2ID reticle with the objective scope cap in place. This is to help show what areas of the reticle are illuminated. The top photo is at 6x magnification and the bottom photo is at 12x magnification.

1000011985.jpg

1000011990.jpg

While looking at the TR2ID reticle I noticed that all of the numbers that are above the number 14 on the vertical stadia line are all the same small size. The numbers 14, 16, and 18 on the vertical stadia line are a little bit larger than all of the numbers above them. The numbers 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, and 30 on the vertical stadia line are a little bit larger than all of the numbers above them. So, the numbers on the vertical stadia line are split into 3 sizes - small, medium, and large. S&B did this to keep the numbers legible and a usable size in this FFP scope when changing magnification settings.

Below is a photo of the TR2ID reticle at 8x magnification. Since the image is at 8x magnification, some of the bottom numbers are cut out, but it's a better image than the 6x magnification photos and you can see these differences in number sizes. This is one of those random things I noticed, and it's a nice detail in the TR2ID reticle.

1000012121.jpg

I hope these photos help provide some useful information about the S&B TR2ID reticle!

Last edited:
Since I'm the only person in the country with a S&B scope that has a TR2ID reticle in it (allegedly), I guess I'll take a swing at the reticle pics at different magnifications! I've never tried to do this before, so I have no idea if you guys preferred that I aim the scope at an object like a house, or just aim the scope at a wall or into the sky. I chose to put the TR2ID reticle on the side of a house that's down the street from me because I assumed that you guys could do some math and come up with an estimate for the FOV specs.

Even though I was pointing the scope (it was removed from the rifle) at a neighbors house, it didn't appear that anyone was home, and there was absolutely nothing in the windows where the scope was pointing (I was using the white window trim as contrast for the black reticle). I still felt like a weirdo taking these photos, but the scope wasn't on the rifle, the neighbors were NOT being observed/disturbed, I'm not posting any other photos of the house or surrounding area, and these photos actually serve a purpose (well, at least I hope these reticle photos are useful). If this reticle photos are in poor taste or violate PERSEC or anything else, please let me know and I'll remove these photos and take new ones. All I want to do is show the reticle against a white background on an object located a decent distance from me, nothing more and nothing less. I've never tried to take reticle/magnification photos like this before and I'm just fumbling my way through this, so please let me know if any photos need to be changed or if I need to take new and/or different photos.

Here's the new S&B scope, the RAL7005 gray color looks awesome! I found it easiest to just set the scope on my open mailbox door and point the scope down the road. This was the only way that I could get any distance for the reticle photos without randomly pointing the scope at the sky:

View attachment 8425979
View attachment 8425980

The side of the house is 167 yards away, and maybe you guys can use the reticle to figure out the FOV specs. Even though 167 yards isn't too far away, it's the longest stretch of open area around my house and it should give you guys an idea of what the FOV looks like at a somewhat decent distance. I tried to find an area that was an even 100 yards in distance, but I couldn't find anything that would work so I just picked this spot down the street. The window on the side of the house has white trim around it, and I thought that the white trim might help show the black reticle when trying to take photos with my phone.

6x
View attachment 8425967

8x
View attachment 8425969

10x
View attachment 8425970

12x
View attachment 8425971

15x
View attachment 8425972

20x
View attachment 8425973

25x
View attachment 8425974

30x
View attachment 8425975

36x
View attachment 8425976

I hope these photos help provide some useful information about the S&B TR2ID reticle!

Those turrets freaking blow. Color is sick tho.

Wtf are the dtii+ 636? Get this peasant dt27 35 shit outta here sb

One of the strengths of the S&B is how even the performance is across the magnification range. There is some degradation on high mag, but not a ton of it. Distortion on low mag is very well corrected.
Similar experience here. Schmidt has really good edge to edge sharpness as well.
It is an exceptionally nicely optimized scope and to figure out where it has weaknesses would have been difficult if I did not have the bloody Tangent next to it.
Again, similar, all the scopes I tested were outstanding and would have been very close but the TT just stood out at practically every magnification and really pulled away at >25x. I might see if I can grab another Schmidt 6-36, one with P5FL reticle. I just got the Zeiss S3 6-36 yesterday so was going to do a LOW 6-36 shootout.

View attachment 8425979
View attachment 8425980

Edit: I realized that people probably want to see an unobstructed view of the TR2ID reticle, not just the reticle on a house at distance. So, I quickly took some more photos of the reticle, this time it's inside my house with the scope pointed at the wall. These aren't good photos, but it's an unobstructed view of the TR2ID reticle at each magnification setting and I put each new photo underneath it's corresponding photo. I'll try to take some better photos when I have time (I might have to use a real camera too, my phone can't get clear images of the reticle). Hopefully this edit helps out a little more than my first set of photos.

6x
View attachment 8425967
View attachment 8426016

8x
View attachment 8425969
View attachment 8426017

10x
View attachment 8425970
View attachment 8426018

12x
View attachment 8425971
View attachment 8426019

15x
View attachment 8425972
View attachment 8426020

20x
View attachment 8425973
View attachment 8426022

25x
View attachment 8425974
View attachment 8426023

30x
View attachment 8425975
View attachment 8426024

36x
View attachment 8425976
View attachment 8426025

The two photos below show the illuminated TR2ID reticle at the 8th power setting. The top photo is at 6x magnification and the bottom photo is at 8x magnification.

View attachment 8426026
View attachment 8426027

The two photos below show the illuminated TR2ID reticle with the objective scope cap in place. This is to help show what areas of the reticle are illuminated. The top photo is at 6x magnification and the bottom photo is at 12x magnification.

View attachment 8426028
View attachment 8426029

While looking at the TR2ID reticle I noticed that all of the numbers that are above the number 14 on the vertical stadia line are all the same small size. The numbers 14, 16, and 18 on the vertical stadia line are a little bit larger than all of the numbers above them. The numbers 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, and 30 on the vertical stadia line are a little bit larger than all of the numbers above them. So, the numbers on the vertical stadia line are split into 3 sizes - small, medium, and large. S&B did this to keep the numbers legible and a usable size in this FFP scope when changing magnification settings.

Below is a photo of the TR2ID reticle at 8x magnification. Since the image is at 8x magnification, some of the bottom numbers are cut out, but it's a better image than the 6x magnification photos and you can see these differences in number sizes. This is one of those random things I noticed, and it's a nice detail in the TR2ID reticle.

View attachment 8426031

Range to the house and wind speed?

Thanks for the reticle pics, I like it much better than the gr2id.

Still not sure if I can make myself pay full price for the FOV limited US version though... Might have to talk with my Aussie family connection and see what I can make happen, lol. Or wait a couple more years for the patent to expire...

View attachment 8425979
View attachment 8425980

6x
View attachment 8425967
View attachment 8426016

8x
View attachment 8425969
View attachment 8426017

10x
View attachment 8425970
View attachment 8426018

12x
View attachment 8425971
View attachment 8426019

15x
View attachment 8425972
View attachment 8426020

20x
View attachment 8425973
View attachment 8426022

25x
View attachment 8425974
View attachment 8426023

30x
View attachment 8425975
View attachment 8426024

36x
View attachment 8425976
View attachment 8426025

View attachment 8426026
View attachment 8426027

View attachment 8426028
View attachment 8426029

View attachment 8426031

Thanks for your review!

One question re the chromatic aberration, I see there are heavy chromatic aberration at around 12x on the edge of the white window frame. Is this due to the scope, or the camera?

It is strange to me the purple edge disappears at higher magnification.

Thanks for your review!

One question re the chromatic aberration, I see there are heavy chromatic aberration at around 12x on the edge of the white window frame. Is this due to the scope, or the camera?

It is strange to me the purple edge disappears at higher magnification.
It’s a picture through another optical system, the result doesn’t reflect what the eye sees.

You see, it’s too bad. A crying shame.

If this thing came in any hue of AI green then it would have a shot at being Master Race.

As it stands, the grey one is resigned to swabbing the local swat team‘s bathroom floor…

j/k (a little)…it is kinda neat looking

If I could choose I would have gone with DTII+ or MTII turretts, I have these on other scopes, they are great..

Is the DT35 horrible? In my opinion no, not for what it is. Low profile rugged and simple and offers alot of elevation. Same turrett on windage also is not usual, most is capped non locking.

To me I wanted this scope because of it (at the time) being one of very few offered to the civillian market, not so much for the configuration, will be going in the safe.

Last edited:
I may be crazy but did I read somewhere these don’t come with a rev indicator now? Anyone enlighten me ?

I may be crazy but did I read somewhere these don’t come with a rev indicator now? Anyone enlighten me ?
They always have on the ones I have used. The new gen2 version of the mtt has no Rev indicator which is freaking retarded

No physical rev indicators that is. The rev is still indicated by the number in the top of the turret where the older turrets turned yellow.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
On the mtt yes
...And exactly htf SB thinks you can see that at night I have no idea
I certainly do not see myself shooting in the dark at 1100yds plus!!!
First rev has 8mil..

This is my 1100yd setting for my 375 Cheytac.

Attachments

• 20240510_144634.jpg
    20240510_144634.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Yay! Just got the email my pre-ordered 6-36 w/TR2ID reticle and DTII+ turrets has arrived at EO ahead of schedule. Just basic black though...(my preference)
Let us know what you think of it. When I found out that the RAL7005 was not available in CCW DTII+, I was no longer interested in the grey

Let us know what you think of it. When I found out that the RAL7005 was not available in CCW DTII+, I was no longer interested in the grey
I will. I wanted to buy one when they first came out but I couldn’t go along with the P5LF or GR2ID options. The TR2ID will work much better for me. As far as colors go, basic black is hard to beat. I’m really not a fan of SB Pantone, or even the Gray. I have a 7-35 ATACR in NF FDE that looks good on an AI Elite Sand rifle, but other than that everything is black.

I will. I wanted to buy one when they first came out but I couldn’t go along with the P5LF or GR2ID options. The TR2ID will work much better for me. As far as colors go, basic black is hard to beat. I’m really not a fan of SB Pantone, or even the Gray. I have a 7-35 ATACR in NF FDE that looks good on an AI Elite Sand rifle, but other than that everything is black.
If the 6-36 had the right turrets, I would have snagged one and the LH AXSR in Elite Sand that EO has in stock. I'm not the greatest Elite Sand fan but with the scope, it would have been pretty sick...I think.

Reactions: Dendro and taliv
If the 6-36 had the right turrets, I would have snagged one and the LH AXSR in Elite Sand that EO has in stock. I'm not the greatest Elite Sand fan but with the scope, it would have been pretty sick...I think.
You mean the gray 6-36, I assume? I could see that. ES can’t decide if it’s gray or green. I like that about it! I have 2 MCs in SG, and 1 SR in ES. I love them all, but if I had to only choose one rifle and in only one color, it’d be MC in SG. After I had 2 of those, the SR in ES was my next choice for some variety. I do really like it, too.

Yay! Just got the email my pre-ordered 6-36 w/TR2ID reticle and DTII+ turrets has arrived at EO ahead of schedule. Just basic black though...(my preference)
Niceeee
What was the original schedule? I didn’t see the listing for the TR2ID DTII+

You mean the gray 6-36, I assume? I could see that. ES can’t decide if it’s gray or green. I like that about it! I have 2 MCs in SG, and 1 SR in ES. I love them all, but if I had to only choose one rifle and in only one color, it’d be MC in SG. After I had 2 of those, the SR in ES was my next choice for some variety. I do really like it, too.
I am waiting to see when a LH sage green AXSR becomes available. It is my 1st choice

Niceeee
What was the original schedule? I didn’t see the listing for the TR2ID DTII+
I placed the preorder on 25MAR. Estimate was 4 mos, so around 25JUL. As far as the TR2ID, if you look back in this thread a little before Christmas, there was a hint about SB releasing a “Christmas Tree” reticle as a Christmas gift instead of the Grid. (It IS essentially the Grid pared down to a tree). In early March I had a minor problem with one of my 5-25s, and I called Jerry at SB North America about it. While we were talking I asked him about the hint of a new Christmas tree reticle. He was unaware, but said, “Hang on a minute and I’ll check on it.” He came back and said it was true and would be available mid-year. So then I called EO and asked what they knew. Keefer said he’d check and call me back. He called back and said, “Yep, they’re taking orders for them and we can expect them to arrive in 4 months. My particular model specs are: 0.1 Mil DTII+ CCW turrets and TR2ID illuminated reticle. The last time I checked EO’s site, that particular model didn’t show up but there were a couple of TR2ID reticles showing. My model number is: 163-911-43F-M2-I5
(6-36x56mm PM II US LPI TR2ID 1CM CCW DT II+ MTC LT / ST II ZC LT). So even if it isn’t on their site you CAN order it with a call to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: M8541Reaper