• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New scope for my RRA LAR8

Smitty192

Stand-up Philosopher
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Deep East Texas
I have purchased a new to me RRA LAR 8 varmint rifle and I'm on the hunt for a good value scope. I would like to keep it under $1000, but if an extra $200 or so is a tremendous step up in performance, that is certainly doable. I would like a FFP, illuminated reticle, MIL scope. Mostly target shooting, possible some hunting. I had a Burris XTR 2 / 3-15 scope not too long ago. I didn't have any issues with it and was satisfied with the performance for the cost. I am open to any suggestions on other brands from those in the know. Any thoughts, opinions and snide comments are greatly appreciated.

Here are a couple of options for you to consider in the under $1,000.00 quality FFP choices

In an Athlon I would suggest the Ares BTR in either the 2.5-15x50 or the 4.5-27x50

or

Hawke FRONTIER FFP 3-15×50 MIL EXT or their FRONTIER FFP 5-25×56 MIL EXT .

There are other options, obviously, however, in their price ranges I feel these are a few excellent scopes that you should consider.
Please feel free to give me a call, 516-217-1000, during the week to discuss what might be best for you.

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else we can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Rd
Old Bethpage NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our website @ www.cameralandny.com